Sign in to follow this  
JusT so Tiny

Ranks mean nothing in MCC

God I fucking hope that people matching others nowhere near their level is something that will be fixed. Being able to back out like all the pathetic h4 players sucks but it better change when they make a patch that actually works.

Ranks don't mean anything right now when there are all of these other problems but this game will die in the long run if they're never fixed. I mean, it will die if they don't fix the game in general but we need working ranks in the future.

Nah. Josh Menke knows what he is doing. The Halo 4 CSR was a joke you could rank up to rank 30 in 4 matches of slayer.

IMO, being able to rank to 30 in 4 games is a good thing if level 30 is where you get decent matches. You shouldnt be allowed to pubstomp your way through 100 games of making noobs miserable to get to your current rank. If a rank 1 player stomps a bunch of 20s, he should be a 20 almost immediately. Why waste everyone's time?

• Upvote (+1) 5

IMO, being able to rank to 30 in 4 games is a good thing if level 30 is where you get decent matches. You shouldnt be allowed to pubstomp your way through 100 games of making noobs miserable to get to your current rank. If a rank 1 player stomps a bunch of 20s, he should be a 20 almost immediately. Why waste everyone's time?

Agreed. A lot of games use a calibration period of like 5-10 games and then give you a rank based off those games. It is often lower than your true rank, but it avoids a lot of pubstomps that aren't fun for the people you are wrecking and have no meaning in showing your skill.

Nah. Josh Menke knows what he is doing. The Halo 4 CSR was a joke you could rank up to rank 30 in 4 matches of slayer.

Pros work at 343 but look at Halo 5.

Were now going to have players getting 50's in ranked because they can avoid any potential competition. Simply press the guide button and hit quit on the game and you're good to go! Just thought I'd like to share this with you all because we clearly aren't back. What is the point of bringing back 1-50 ranking system when anyone can simply dashboard when they feel that they might not win?

Thoughts?

This is good news for @@Unyshek

He would always back out when I matched him in h4 lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is good news for @@Unyshek

He would always back out when I matched him in h4 lol

I'm sure he'll have fun with all the other people who back out lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

OP is exaggerating it's not like 75% of the people you match are going dashboard and  I don't think you can patch this anyways since the dashboard function isn't specific to the MCC itself it's ingrained in the Xbox one itself  there not going to remove it just because some kids quit out of a ranked match.

This has been around since Halo has been playable online and it's probably never going to change and honestly who gives a shit if one or two bad kids manage to get a 50 through this.

• Downvote (-1) 2

Without reading the whole thread, it seems like an easy fix.  

1. Hide the names of incoming players

2. Don't show recent players in the friends app until after the match

3. Make backouts count as a quit (ie: a heavy loss) once matched

@@Bravo, I know this is a low priority right now, but once MCC is up and running, can we get this put into place so we can take ranks seriously?  An H2 ranking system without cheating is a dream worth striving for.

So basically how it's been in every other Halo with ranks? I don't understand why it has been changed.

I even gave H4 CSR my best shot and tried to like it. After almost every Doubles game being a walk in the park though, it got boring pretty fast. Then finally matching up with these players who had 80000 kills to 10000 deaths and thinking "finally some decent peop.....wait they've dashboarded"..

I think displaying k/d in game is a bad idea, it gives people a huge incentive to stat whore/just play easy people.

• Upvote (+1) 1

For those who actually played Halo 4, they know how frustrating the work-arounds of quitting/dash boarding were in exploiting the ranking system invisible or not. People would play with guests signed in and it would boost their rank quicker as well.

I posted a topic on Waypoint and it didn't receive much notice, but it was battling between topics regarding game freezes, and achievements related to campaign.....

In Halo 2, you had players found, then when a map/gametype was chosen backing out resulted in a loss, not sure if turning off your box would result an incomplete game for no loss, but I remember people in doubles if they would both pull their ethernets out at the same time would give their team the win regardless of the score.

So back in H2, you had modders, stand-byers, host bridgers, the ethernet pull win trick, circle boosting, and regular boosting thrown into the mix. If the Halo 2 ranking system is identical you will have some of these issues as well as being able to dashboard or quit at no penalty.

For me, ranks give you something to go towards, a visible indicator of what playing more achieves. If the ranking system has these flaws then the only benefit will be playing more competitive games which is enough for me but if the ranks actually show a skill gap with these issues fix it will definitely increase the playability and longevity of the game.

tl;dr Ranks help increase competitive play, exploits ruin ranks credibility.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So basically how it's been in every other Halo with ranks? I don't understand why it has been changed.

I even gave H4 CSR my best shot and tried to like it. After almost every Doubles game being a walk in the park though, it got boring pretty fast. Then finally matching up with these players who had 80000 kills to 10000 deaths and thinking "finally some decent peop.....wait they've dashboarded"..

I think displaying k/d in game is a bad idea, it gives people a huge incentive to stat whore/just play easy people.

I agree wholeheartedly.  K/D kids are the worst people.

• Upvote (+1) 1