Sign in to follow this  
JusT so Tiny

Ranks mean nothing in MCC

Why do I say this? Well, you can dashboard in the pre-game lobby (voting screen) and save your rank/win rate, etc. This is the same problem 343i had with Halo 4 where you could just back out of the pre-game lobby or dashboard. Now when you search ranked in MCC and see the enemy team has a chance of beating you, simply dashboard and the game won't register you playing in that match. 

Were now going to have players getting 50's in ranked because they can avoid any potential competition. Simply press the guide button and hit quit on the game and you're good to go! Just thought I'd like to share this with you all because we clearly aren't back. What is the point of bringing back 1-50 ranking system when anyone can simply dashboard when they feel that they might not win?

I'm personally disappointed about this because I have matched people I know and they just dashboard against me and avoid playing the game/receiving a loss.

Thoughts?  

• Upvote (+1) 3

Regardless if you derank or not, you'll eventually have to beat 50s to get your 50. I don't know why people stress so much over ranks, they have never been important.. even in halo 3 having a 50 in mlg wasn't too hard..the skill gap even within 50s was huge... I feel like rank does not mean anything, but if you can't get a 50 that says something..

Regardless if you derank or not, you'll eventually have to beat 50s to get your 50. I don't know why people stress so much over ranks, they have never been important.. even in halo 3 having a 50 in mlg wasn't too hard..the skill gap even within 50s was huge... I feel like rank does not mean anything, but if you can't get a 50 that says something..

Well firstly, people DO care about ranks, a lot. Why do people bridge host, mod, cheat and derank? For ranks.

Secondly, H3 50 is much different from H2 50 which is the same as a MCC 50. Menke described a MCC 50 as bordering on semi pro/pro status for H5 ranking system, so you know it's gonna be difficult to obtain.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I doubt you will have to play 50's for a 50. From what I've seen so far in MCC, you can be a level 1 and match a 17. Just like in Halo 3 you could match players 10 ranks above you and players 10 ranks below you. Basically if you're a 40 in Halo 3 you can match up to as high as a 50 and low as a 30. I'm sure in MCC people who get into the 40's will just dashboard when they match 50's. 

I'll throw it out there, I care about ranks.... a lot. I do hope that eventually Ranks are focused on in a patch, but obviously they won't be for some time whilst they're fixing MM. Hopefully they can fit a patch in somewhere with the MM update.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well firstly, people DO care about ranks, a lot. Why do people bridge host, mod, cheat and derank? For ranks.

Secondly, H3 50 is much different from H2 50 which is the same as a MCC 50. Menke described a MCC 50 as bordering on semi pro/pro status for H5 ranking system, so you know it's gonna be difficult to obtain.

I feel that the h2a 50 will be far easier to get than the h2c 50. Part of the trouble in the h2c ranking system was cheating in one way or anther, as of now we don't really have that issue on the new console.

I doubt you will have to play 50's for a 50. From what I've seen so far in MCC, you can be a level 1 and match a 17. Just like in Halo 3 you could match players 10 ranks above you and players 10 ranks below you. Basically if you're a 40 in Halo 3 you can match up to as high as a 50 and low as a 30. I'm sure in MCC people who get into the 40's will just dashboard when they match 50's. 

the matchmaking system is broken right now which is why we are being matched the way we are, when it is fixed we should be searching for skills with plus or minus 5 of our rank, and in a populated playlist, you should pretty much all be the same rank, 2009 halo mlg when I searched.. regardless of my rank, all 7 other players had the same rank, now if I search 50 high I still get 40s on my team. It has to do with population.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've seen people that were a 20+ match level 1s so I'm pretty sure this ranking system isn't even the Halo 2 ranking system.  Its just Halo 4's CSR system that you can see in game with Halo 2 # ranking system, all a illusion an a big lie.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I mean eventually you'll have to play the games in order to rank up and it's not like that trick works when the games started.

The only real people this benefits are the people who search full parties which everyone knows is the hardest way to even get a 50. Searching 2s was the easiest and people would rarely use that trick in a lobby when they're just searching twos. How would they know they're facing comp so stiff they can't win? Idk about everyone else but when I search solo or two rarely did I think that a game was out of reach when I looked at the other team. The majority of the time it's people who's names don't ring bells.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just so tiny the thing is all the problems your finding and other people find will eventually be sorted. players will find ways to exploit and break the game and but will eventually get fixed. probably longer than expected though the way 343 go about fixing something.

Once the game is fixed im sure there will be a mass reset for anyone who isn't getting their ranks glitched back down to 1. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

People actually play ranked H2A and care about their rank with the state of the game right now. That's just dumb, and clearly the ranking system isn't working as it should. Just play whatever you can at this point and try to enjoy it

People actually play ranked H2A and care about their rank with the state of the game right now. That's just dumb, and clearly the ranking system isn't working as it should. Just play whatever you can at this point and try to enjoy it

Exactly. The multiplayer is completely broken right now, of course rank means jack shit.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've seen people that were a 20+ match level 1s so I'm pretty sure this ranking system isn't even the Halo 2 ranking system.  Its just Halo 4's CSR system that you can see in game with Halo 2 # ranking system, all a illusion an a big lie.

Nah. Josh Menke knows what he is doing. The Halo 4 CSR was a joke you could rank up to rank 30 in 4 matches of slayer.

Nah. Josh Menke knows what he is doing. The Halo 4 CSR was a joke you could rank up to rank 30 in 4 matches of slayer.

A ranking system based off of KD ratio, LOL

If set up right it could be fine like that. If the game can determine at least some general idea of a player's skill there is nothing wrong with letting them skip a bunch of levels that aren't necessary.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The ranking system is meaningless now,because the game is meaningless. You can't even play with your friends because it constantly switches you up. A ranking system is meaningless if you have to search alone and carry thumb less kids, or worse, get put against your friends. I don't know why anybody is worried about ranks right now. After they fix their broke game that should be the next thing.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Giggle Monster's paradise. 

I had to think for a good 15 seconds before I got that one

Which reminded me of some Instagram pics Spartan the Dogg tweeted about yesterday. Brad went to Paris and Spartan was like "I can see where the AGL money went"

dead

My thoughts on this? Fuck.

It'll definitely be fixed once they get everything sorted out. The way I see it though, if cheating really is much more difficult on the XB1, and ranking up is as hard as it was in H2, then the only issue would be when YOUR teammates quit because they don't have faith in themselves and you. I feel like people who are the rank, got the rank. Maybe they got carried, and kind of didn't deserve the rank, but meh. 

Without reading the whole thread, it seems like an easy fix.  

1. Hide the names of incoming players

2. Don't show recent players in the friends app until after the match

3. Make backouts count as a quit (ie: a heavy loss) once matched

@@Bravo, I know this is a low priority right now, but once MCC is up and running, can we get this put into place so we can take ranks seriously?  An H2 ranking system without cheating is a dream worth striving for.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It'd probably be a lot easier to detect if people were dashboarding or backing out if the games were actually being played on dedicated servers, but they're not, so no reason to even worry about ranks at this point. 

80% + of the games I've been able to find have been red bar lagfests, so I'm not even going to touch the game again until they deliver what was promised. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ranks are broken now. 17 are matching 1's because everyone's rank keep resetting.