Teapot

Halo MCC's "Adopt a Noob" Program

If the game is ever fixed I'll be taking advantage of this. Nice of you guys.

I'm a total Noob when it comes to CE though. Why do skilled players drop the pistol for the sniper?

Teapot goes over this in his sections about Active Camo and the Quick Camo Glitch.  And also because Sniper/Shotty is a beast if you can snipe well at mid range.

If anyone wants me to help them out, please know that I'm not going to be initiating this.  The onus is on you to seek help if you really want to get better.  When dealing with me please do the following:

1. Add me.

2. Message me that you're from this thread.

3. Have a properly working mic already on.

4. Have reasonable social skills and XBL etiquette (I don't want to hear your music, hear you sing, hear your conversation with someone else, or hear you chew/eat).

5. Create a lobby for what you want to learn about.

6. Invite me.

7. For God's sake, either don't be in a party, or invite me to the party.

At the very least, I will always message you back.  If I'm in a game I will probably finish the game first, and I will usually join you immediately afterwards.  If I don't, I'll offer an explanation and a time that I'll be available next.

@@Teapot, would you mind adding some of these preferences into the OP, or somewhere where they are more likely to be seen?

• Upvote (+1) 1

• Teacher/Student: Student
  • Gamertag: THE HITMENG
  • Games to Learn:  Halo CE/Halo 2A
  • Specifics: Controlling Halo CE spawns, weapon timers & map control; Halo 2A - same things for MLG gametypes
  • Timezone/Location: NY, EST; usually play from around 7-10 EST on weeknights; anytime on weekends

Looking to improve in all ascpects of the game. Have been playing Halo since CE (aside from 3) so a lot of this stuff I know intuitively, but want to get a better understanding of it all. I'm laid back, 28 and have a mic. Would also be looking to play some custom games of people of any skill since matchmaking is still currently broken for me. Anyone that wants to run some CE or H2/2A customs with an average/decent player, shoot me a friend request and we'll get this going.

• Teacher/Student: Student
  • Gamertag: The Ascendants
  • Games to Learn:  Halo 2/ Halo 3/ Halo 2A
  • Specifics: shooting/aim, Map control, positioning, communication, and just the general knowledge that comes from being a better player.
  • Timezone/Location: Central /CST, La
  •  

Im not exactly the best....but i have seen you post that you are pretty bad lol. Im in texas so we got the same timezone....i'll teach you everything i know my young padawan.

Mainly h3 and h2A

Can I sign up as a student and a teacher? I think Im better than most at these games (trying my best to not sound cocky there), but still think that I can learn a good amount from the CE gods lurking these forums...

@@Sam @@Rocker @@Moa

@@Proto @@CyReN @@Saucey

ANYONE!

I just spent 2-3 hours doing a detailed write up on the entire spawn system. It heavily samples tons of other peoples work who are all credited, and just adds more emphasis on all the topics involved with the system. IT'S GONE! I only see my post that ends with the basic/advanced tutorials. I was editing the spawn system into that post...

Is there a limit to media or something that prevents a post from including TOO many pictures/videos? The amount of work I put into that explanation is incredibly annoying to lose. I doubt if I were to write it up again, it would include nearly the same amount of effort or detail.

Teacher/Student: Student

Gamertag: Eon XII

Games to Learn: Halo 2A, Halo CE

Specifics: Positioning and decision making, 4v4 set ups/map "flow"

Timezone/Location: Ontario, Canada

I'm fairly new to Halo in general (played competitive CoD and a bit of H3 MLG playlist) and looking to grind and improve, eventually getting to a decent competitive level. I'm sure I have a lot to learn, so I appreciate any and all help given! :) I want to focus in H2A since it's the current competitive title but CE is just ridiculously fun.

@@Sam @@Rocker @@Moa

@@Proto @@CyReN @@Saucey

ANYONE!

I just spent 2-3 hours doing a detailed write up on the entire spawn system. It heavily samples tons of other peoples work who are all credited, and just adds more emphasis on all the topics involved with the system. IT'S GONE! I only see my post that ends with the basic/advanced tutorials. I was editing the spawn system into that post...

Is there a limit to media or something that prevents a post from including TOO many pictures/videos? The amount of work I put into that explanation is incredibly annoying to lose. I doubt if I were to write it up again, it would include nearly the same amount of effort or detail.

You spent 2-3 hours typing up a forum post / thread? That doesn't sound very fun to format, I would recommend using Google docs or word next time as I believe there is some kind of limit in place... But to reach it you must have written a novel man haha!

You spent 2-3 hours typing up a forum post / thread? That doesn't sound very fun to format, I would recommend using Google docs or word next time as I believe there is some kind of limit in place... But to reach it you must have written a novel man haha!

The process took that long, it wasn't spent the entire time writing up my portion of the post. I made sure not to just copy and paste, but read through lots and lots of posts from insidious and chaostheory, and cherry picked all the important parts then emphasized on them. There's a decent amount of photos and videos because of how hard it is to visualize.

With my tendency to over analyze and go into extreme detail, it was a rather long winded post, however the spawn system deserves that.

I wonder how long it took cT and insidious to figure out if it took me that long to read through things and explain it in a way thats somewhat easy for non halo players to understand. Any insight onto this media limit would definitely be helpful for the future.

also, is this thread allowed here? I had sent a PM to those involved with the thread and also sent it out to Sam but didn't hear anything back. I guess I should have checked before I put even more work into it, but this is cool right?

The process took that long, it wasn't spent the entire time writing up my portion of the post. I made sure not to just copy and paste, but read through lots and lots of posts from insidious and chaostheory, and cherry picked all the important parts then emphasized on them. There's a decent amount of photos and videos because of how hard it is to visualize.

With my tendency to over analyze and go into extreme detail, it was a rather long winded post, however the spawn system deserves that.

I wonder how long it took cT and insidious to figure out if it took me that long to read through things and explain it in a way thats somewhat easy for non halo players to understand. Any insight onto this media limit would definitely be helpful for the future.

also, is this thread allowed here? I had sent a PM to those involved with the thread and also sent it out to Sam but didn't hear anything back. I guess I should have checked before I put even more work into it, but this is cool right?

Yeah man for sure, if you worked that hard on it feel free to make a thread.

Im not exactly the best....but i have seen you post that you are pretty bad lol. Im in texas so we got the same timezone....i'll teach you everything i know my young padawan.

Mainly h3 and h2A

I'd be down for that. Atm I am just waiting for MCC to work. I can play custom games but I can't play MM at all. 

@@Sam @@Rocker @@Moa

@@Proto @@CyReN @@Saucey

ANYONE!

Ouch, that sucks hard.  Any time I'm making a really long/detailed forum post, I write it in Word first, just in case I lose it.  I lost a doozy of a post once on the MLG forums and decided Never Again.

maybe this applies to the teacher idea too

id like to have two CE teachers as sparring opponents for 2vs2 CE games, my old mate and me would like to polish our rusty skills before the actual CE playlist comes out

we by all means arent bad at all, just rusty after 4-5 years of no CE which is why we want to play against good players were we actually are being challenged and can try to get back our skills

the teacher system would allow to actually have constructive discussions after the games unlike regular scrims were you separate directly and dont feel like giving the other team any helpful hand

just a thought, let me know

GT = beamimpact

• Upvote (+1) 3

Any other videos I could make that would help new players to H1?  I can't commit to anything like being an active teacher right now but hopefully in the future.

I wouldn't mind learning the basics of CE but there really is no incentive to learning it with it's current state and it's popularity :/

Mainly h3 and h2A

What's your GT I'll add you when can do stuff in custom games for the time being if you want. Or add mine. The Ascendants 

• Teacher/Student: Teacher
  • Gamertag: Ya Boy Rolex
  • Games to learn: H3, H2A
  • Specifics: Support play, decision making, communication, tactical jumps, FFA
  • Timezone/Location: Connecticut, EST

I've never had the best shot, so I had to learn how to be a good enough member of teams to not get dropped. I also am willing to share my ways to do well in FFA's given my (mediocre) gunskill. I'm not actually sure if it's possible in MCC, but I'm willing to review gameplay down to every last detail. Hopefully fileshares actually work.  

I know ghost jumps and tactical jumps in H3 that even today surprise some people, and have practiced them to the point that I can give very precise detail of how to do them. 

All criticism will be constructive and will be communicated respectfully. I love teaching Halo to new players. I'd prefer to keep the straight up lecturing to a minimum and make it more of a discussion.  

I have a few different expectations as the other guys trying to help out, so please give it a read.

1. Add me.

2. Message me that you're from this thread.

3. Have a properly working mic.

4. Have reasonable social skills and XBL etiquette. When classes are in session, I primarily play in my dorm (2 roommates and friends who frequently come through). I understand that other conversations can come up. It'll likely happen on my side when I'm with you, so I can't expect any different from you. Just don't get sidetracked.  

5. Message me saying what you want to go over, I'll organize a lobby for what you want to learn about.

6. I'd prefer to be in a party chat. Let me invite you to both.  

I think I speak for all the guys offering their time to help out when I say that we get nothing out of us being a jerk to people legitimately trying to get better. This community doesn't need that. We all want to help the community grow back to what it once was. This is my (our) way of doing that. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

• Teacher/Student: Student
  • Gamertag: Vinny Mendoza
  • Games to Learn:  Halo CE
  • Specifics: Spawn System in CE, grenade tricks, when/how to push for powerups
  • Timezone/Location: Ontario, EST

I'm not a noob or anything. I've been playing CE for 13 years and wrote a basic guide at GameFAQs. I consistently destroy people in CE matchmaking and maybe 25% of the guys I've played in customs. But the top players in customs routinely trounce me because I'm simply bad at moving around on certain maps and not knowing when to make a move. Especially on Damnation (damn that map). I also don't know the spawn points that well, just never bothered to learn really. Don't even get me started at how bad I was and how often I got kicked from XBC games after 2007 or so when it was only the pros left, LOL.

My aim is not the greatest either especially off host. I get dominated off host in customs. I really hope they improve the netcode. When I'm on host I'm a completely different player lol. But there's nothing anyone can really do for me there, I just need to practice and learn how to lead better.

I'm also open for teaching anyone who hasn't mained CE, for students who would feel more comfortable and less intimidated learning from someone like me who isn't godlike at the game and merely just pretty good at it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

• Teacher/Student: Student

Gamertag: Nqtive

Games to Learn:  Halo 2 Ann.

Specifics: having a team mindset, being in the right place, strats/inteligence. Going to my first even at UGC St. Louis and need some knowledge other than the basics. Have a lot of time and money invested and need that extra push to do better and make it worth it. Need help ASAP only have 5 weeks.

Timezone/Location: Central US

id like to have two CE teachers as sparring opponents for 2vs2 CE games, my old mate and me would like to polish our rusty skills before the actual CE playlist comes out

we by all means arent bad at all, just rusty after 4-5 years of no CE which is why we want to play against good players were we actually are being challenged and can try to get back our skills

the teacher system would allow to actually have constructive discussions after the games unlike regular scrims were you separate directly and dont feel like giving the other team any helpful hand

I've never teamed with @@Teapot, but that actually sounds really fun.  I'd be down.

I've never teamed with @@Teapot, but that actually sounds really fun.  I'd be down.

This could be something cool for any Halo. @@Animosity and I have competed in doubles tournaments for H3 and done some PGL's for H2A. If anyone looking to get better with a friend at one of those wanted to play us, I'm sure he'd be down. I know I am. 

This could be something cool for any Halo. @@Animosity and I have competed in doubles tournaments for H3 and done some PGL's for H2A. If anyone looking to get better with a friend at one of those wanted to play us, I'm sure he'd be down. I know I am. 

all right guys, my GT is beamimpact then (just like my forum name)

im sure we all can benefit from this :)

I wouldn't mind learning the basics of CE but there really is no incentive to learning it with it's current state and it's popularity :/

There's always an incentive to learn how to play CE. The current state of MCC doesn't change the fact that CE is an incredible game and to be honest, learning how to play it is one of the best parts. It's tons of fun figuring things out.

• Upvote (+1) 1