Teapot

Halo MCC's "Adopt a Noob" Program

What's your GT I'll add you when can do stuff in custom games for the time being if you want. Or add mine. The Ascendants 

GT is EYEVANN 

Teacher/student: student

Gamertag: King Stronghand

Games to learn: ce, h2/h2a

Specifics: 4v4, FFA, map movement, communication, nade placement, map strategy, shooting/aiming, general knowledge, anything anyone wants to pass along lol

Time zone: Pittsburgh pa; eastern

Totally willing to play any game though

• Teacher/Student: Teacher
  • Gamertag: Mossity
  • Games to Learn:  H2A, H3
  • Specifics: Objective Play Making, FFA Winning, Positioning and Communicating
  • Timezone/Location: NY, EST

If anyone wants Mossity as a Teacher, I will gladly help out also. I am very versatile in any specifics of H2 classic, H2A, and H3. 

Teacher/Student: Teacher

Gamertag: V i iv y a r d

Games: H2C, H2A, and H3

Specifics: Obj, FFA, Positioning, communicating, smart plays (as a teacher in real life, I am good at instructing people so that they understand what they are doing and why they are doing so), useful jumps (not spring jumps because they are pretty unrealistic to do mid game on the fly) and how to become a better overall player

Timezone/Location: PA, EST

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'll leave this here, so freaking cool!

Also, Nexy's and other's overhead pictures of map spawns

Walshy explaining HH: 

Missingno doing the same: 

Teapot if you wanna use one of your reserved posts in the future to explain spawns then a mod can delete this. 

I spent a long time yesterday writing up in depth explanation for the spawn system and then specifics for each map. Ideally, people could just go to @@Mintograde site Halospawns.com and figure it out, but I find that's only extremely useful if you know what you're looking for.

I'll be updating the OP with the new players, and will start to write up my spawn system explanation again. It HEAVILY sites cT and Insidious' work from their MLG page, but puts more emphasis on each situation.

For example, that MLG page sites "mercy" and "random random" spawns. Walshy's video actually showcases a forced spawn, and a random random which is kinda rare but and inconsistent. I just decided to expand on each situation.

I would absolutely love and appreciate the opportunity to take part in this.

Teacher/Student: Student

Gamertag: Deathics

Games to Learn: H2A

Specifics: I would like to Improve my decision making and team play.

Timezone/Location: TX, CST

• Upvote (+1) 1

Gamertag: Mudkip Defect

Games: Halo CE

Specifics: Nade tricks. Spawns. Positioning.

Timezone/Location: Mountain time. (New Mexico)

GT = beamimpact

Best idea so far in this thread. I like it so much that I hope to make that an aspect of the program for those interested in 2v2 gameplay. I feel the best way to learn something is under the scenario you applied. Having another team who is going to punish you all game then help teach you how to prevent that will hopefully also prevent a high turn around rate for those already annoyed with learning. Again, I feel that's the best way to LEARN, but the best way to improve is to consistently play the top players. This is a great way to take things a step beyond teaching some tricks/tips and sending you out into the wild.

Great stuff.

Any other videos I could make that would help new players to H1?  I can't commit to anything like being an active teacher right now but hopefully in the future.

I can't think of anything off the top of my head. I've always wanted a full screen HD nade point video, but I can only imagine how frusturating it would be to remake. I'm going to be updating the thread in the next day or two with the CE spawn information, and will include at least one of your videos of each map's spawn. From there I plan on using your gameplay videos and commentary to showcase situations or scenarios that are frequent in a higher level of play.

If you have games already capped that have great decisions, plays, or other tricks that you'd be willing to share, that would be awesome.

I'm also open for teaching anyone who hasn't mained CE, for students who would feel more comfortable and less intimidated learning from someone like me who isn't godlike at the game and merely just pretty good at it.

Added you to the students, I'm sure you can be a teacher as well. I'm curious to see just how you fair because I am FAR from a top player. I understand a lot of the mentality of this game and the nuances, but lack the experience of the real vets. None of those vet's frequently post to this site, but I could possibly get you in contact with some great players who you could play. For now I guess I can be the standard. My goal is for students to hopefully surpass their masters, but maybe you already have me beat?

Specifics: having a team mindset, being in the right place, strats/inteligence. Going to my first even at UGC St. Louis and need some knowledge other than the basics. Have a lot of time and money invested and need that extra push to do better and make it worth it. Need help ASAP only have 5 weeks.

Good luck, see if you can also get scrims. I'd definitely message someone here with H2A help but helping you as an individual may not benefit as much as helping your entire team. I think doing a bit of both is best.

If anyone wants Mossity as a Teacher, I will gladly help out also. I am very versatile in any specifics of H2 classic, H2A, and H3. 

I can't thank you enough! I need people for the later games, and I can help teach but would rather focus my efforts on Halo CE. This is a big help.

EVERYONE: Please let me know if you received help from a teacher and how it went! I'd love to hear feedback from both students and teachers, and while this is all for fun and voluntary stuff, I'm considering providing some incentives for teachers who really go above and beyond in helping others! It won't be much by any means but if I can reward some amazing work I will.

Gamertag: Sneether

Games to Learn: Halo CE/Halo 2 Classic/Halo 2 Anniversary

Specifics: Callouts,Awareness,Grenades,Communication

Timezone: EST, Massachusetts

getting a xbox one and MCC for Christmas  

Yea our team just matched the Agency on PGL yesterday and it was obvious my team play is bad. Im a decent 1v1 player and my individual skill is pretty good but I go into autopilot in team games and need help for and upcoming event Im going to. I need to play smarter always be thinking of my next move but I can't break this habit of playing aimlessly. I posted this once before but here it is again. I'll message some teachers later.

Gamertag: Nqtive

Games to Learn: Halo 2 Anniversary 

Specifics: Im fairly comfortable with spawns but it wont hurt to learn more like forcing spawns and etc, awareness, strategy/intelegince in 4v4 games, just getting in a 4v4 team mindset.

Timezone: Central, Missouri

Yeah Teapot, I'm in the exact same boat as you. I know all of the concepts but I lack experience and I'm just not used to spawning my teammates in all the right spots and where to toss nades on spawn points outside of the obvious spots like Rocket room in Chill out or top catwlaks in Pris or bottom tombstone areas in HeH. I do know the spawn points in Rat Race very well but I think anybody could pick up on those pretty quick.

Those vids by missingno are a great help.

• Teacher/Student: Student

Gamertag: Biscxits

Games to Learn:  H2A

Specifics: Competitive in general, positioning and improving overall

Timezone/Location: MI, EST

This could be something cool for any Halo. @@Animosity and I have competed in doubles tournaments for H3 and done some PGL's for H2A. If anyone looking to get better with a friend at one of those wanted to play us, I'm sure he'd be down. I know I am. 

Yeah.. not trying to brag.. but Rolex and I won a tri state halo 2v2 LAN together  :gandhi:

But seriously, we play dubs pretty well together. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Best idea so far in this thread. I like it so much that I hope to make that an aspect of the program for those interested in 2v2 gameplay. I feel the best way to learn something is under the scenario you applied. Having another team who is going to punish you all game then help teach you how to prevent that will hopefully also prevent a high turn around rate for those already annoyed with learning. Again, I feel that's the best way to LEARN, but the best way to improve is to consistently play the top players. This is a great way to take things a step beyond teaching some tricks/tips and sending you out into the wild.

Great stuff.

excellent, so whom of the teachers would be up for this? :)

it definitely is more fun and less effort than training a single person and guiding this person through CE ;)

any teacher that is up for this add me

(i also enjoy playing 1vs1 CE)

GT = beamimpact

Does anyone have nexys map pics that high light random spawns? That'd be kinda helpful for people learning h1

https://imgur.com/a/q2IkO

I spent a long time yesterday writing up in depth explanation for the spawn system and then specifics for each map. Ideally, people could just go to @@Mintograde site Halospawns.com and figure it out, but I find that's only extremely useful if you know what you're looking for.

I plan on heavily improving my explanations, as well (I only spent a day on the main page's writeup!). Any critiques on making the explanations more user-friendly would be awesome. I'm always open to collaboration/complete rewrites, too, let me know!

https://imgur.com/a/q2IkO

I plan on heavily improving my explanations, as well (I only spent a day on the main page's writeup!). Any critiques on making the explanations more user-friendly would be awesome. I'm always open to collaboration/complete rewrites, too, let me know!

Your site is incredible. Thank you.

@@Teapot Could you please add me to the students list? Thanks!

Gamertag: Eon XII

Games to Learn: Halo 2A, Halo CE

Specifics: Positioning, spawns, made spots, how to play smart/effectively when you don't have a good shot in 4v4s

Timezone/Location: Ontario, Canada

• Upvote (+1) 1

• Teacher/Student: Student

Gamertag: im UNNAMED

Games: , Halo 2A

Specifics: 4v4  HCS PGL Need help with everything because i cant do anything in customs.

Timezone/Location: GA, EST.

I remember this thread from the MLG day's. I signed up as a teach, when I wasn't even very good and helped out a few people. I remember I stopped helping people but still got messages from people asking for help all of the time.

Once I get back into the swing of things and if I can start to play often, I'd be happy to help out with H3 and H2 if I can.

Hey teachers. Wondering what all the weapon spawn times are for all the weapons in H2A? That would be appreciated :)

Teacher/Studnet: Student

GT: PizzaMuffinTime

Games: HaloCE, halo 2, Halo 2A

Specifics: Map movement/map control, Timing weapons, decision making, jumping, grenade placement

TimeZone/Location: AEDT Sydney Australia

This game is garbage.  I don't want to play it until its actually fixed.  Don't message me wanting to play.  Take me off the Teacher list.  I'll be interested in being involved with this game again when it actually fucking functions correctly.  It's a chore to play right now, and it sucks all the joy out of the game.  I'm sorry.  I want to help, but I won't put myself through this shit.  It simply doesn't deserve to be played.

• Upvote (+1) 2