Sign in to follow this  
CyReN

"Destiny has some Halo 2 in it" - Sundance

I think that's probably opinion, like what saucy said about the radar is from Halo which doesn't really affect much.

If the multiplayer is near to what Halo 2 and Halo 3 was, the game is going to skyrocket and they aren't going too look back. I will get Destiny either way, the game looks AWESOME!

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's quite obvious that Sundance wants this on the circuit. He tweeted at the first reveal saying that "we have a deal with activision, would love to see what we could do with Bungie" I'm calling it now, you can quote me. CoD, then to be replaced by Titanfall on XBO, Destiny PS4, Starcraft II and LoL on PC. Activision owns SCII, Destiny and CoD, so I don't see why those can't be on the circuit, they certainly do have the funding for that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's too early in the year for cryptic generalizations and speculation - my head and heart don't appreciate it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's too early in the year for cryptic generalizations and speculation - my head and heart don't appreciate it.

I hope you dont follow Sundance then - all his twitter consists of is weird trolling and hidden meaningless messages

• Upvote (+1) 2

If Destiny becomes a big eSports title, I hope it is on XBO.  Solely for the fact that I cannot stand PS controllers...The layout of XBOX controllers just feels so right.

If Destiny becomes a big eSports title, I hope it is on XBO.  Solely for the fact that I cannot stand PS controllers...The layout of XBOX controllers just feels so right.

Highly doubt that. It's being designed to run optimally on a PS4, let alone the exclusive content that PS4 gets, alongside Sony's deal with Activision-Blizzard to have exclusive content/advertise their console on adds. Everywhere you look at preorders, it's always the PS4 above the XBO for Destiny. Same thing with CoD, its designed to run best on an Xbox, and it gets content far earlier than PC/PS3. No one liked when Blops 1 was on the PS3 for MLG, but Destiny for PS4 is really where it will be at.

We also don't even know if the XBO will be LAN viable yet.

It's quite obvious that Sundance wants this on the circuit. He tweeted at the first reveal saying that "we have a deal with activision, would love to see what we could do with Bungie" I'm calling it now, you can quote me. CoD, then to be replaced by Titanfall on XBO, Destiny PS4, Starcraft II and LoL on PC. Activision owns SCII, Destiny and CoD, so I don't see why those can't be on the circuit, they certainly do have the funding for that.

That would be a pretty intense lineup. So far to me this game has all the makings of a epic competitive shooter.

There are definitely some similarities between the games. The Viper P3 (Superior Pulse Rifle) is reminiscent of Halo 2's Battle Rifle. There's a motion detector and a Magnum-like weapon, the Duke Mk. 44. The only things that could possibly hinder competitive play are regenerating abilities and class division. Look at the bottom-left of the screen the next time you watch the E3 demo. When the Warlock casts his Solar Flare or Nova Bomb, the ability regenerates surprisingly fast. Perhaps this--like invincibility for Player 1--was instated solely for demonstrative purposes. If so, there might be a way to tweak the abilities so that they do not regenerate as quickly (or not at all); this would obviate space-magic spamming. As far as class division goes, it could be that all competitive players (in order to compete in an event) will be required to choose a common class--say, Human/Male/Warlock--and a vanilla aesthetic appearance. A Bungie representative said that it would be entirely possible to create game modes to suit the "pro" players' needs. Whether they will include "force class" and "force load-out" options or not, we do not know. As some stated previously, "It's too early in the year for cryptic generalizations and speculation". Perhaps more game-play will be revealed at Pax.

Highly doubt that. It's being designed to run optimally on a PS4, let alone the exclusive content that PS4 gets, alongside Sony's deal with Activision-Blizzard to have exclusive content/advertise their console on adds. Everywhere you look at preorders, it's always the PS4 above the XBO for Destiny. Same thing with CoD, its designed to run best on an Xbox, and it gets content far earlier than PC/PS3. No one liked when Blops 1 was on the PS3 for MLG, but Destiny for PS4 is really where it will be at.

We also don't even know if the XBO will be LAN viable yet.

The PS4 exclusive content isn't going to be huge. It's just going to be a few customization options or a short side quest. If it was something large like the CoD time exclusive maps for the Xbox, Sony would have said something. Them just calling it "exclusive content" makes me believe exclusivity is the only thing special about it.

Also, if Destiny comes to the PC in the future, that'll be the home for the competitive scene if there is one (assuming there are no large exclusives for consoles).