Sign in to follow this  
Ciutchism

Looking For Good PC Game (Multiplayer or MMO)

My brother and I are looking for some good games.

Games we have played and enjoy:

Halo CE

Halo 2

Halo 3

Diablo 3

Warcraft 3 (ESPECIALLY TWILIGHT'S EVE ORPG)

Super Mario 64

League of Legends

MMOs are nice :)

I'd love a Diablo/WoW mix game.

I would recommend Guild Wars 2, Wildstar, Torchlight 2 or Path of Exile. WoW is also getting a new expansion, but keep in mind i've heard the game is changed a lot in the past 4-5 years, and many people didn't liked the way it changed at all.

Torchlight 2 is a really fun game for the price. If you enjoyed Diablo you will enjoy Torchlight as well. Like others have mentioned Path of Exile is free to play so thats another dungeon crawler game too.

I have played Guild Wars 2 and it's a really fun game but IMO relies on friends or someone else to accompany you to get the full experience. They usually do sales every other month for half off so you could always wait for one of those.

Although you didn't mention you wanted to play an FPS, Counter Strike: Global Offensive (CS GO) is a must have game if you play FPS and play on PC. Especially for the price, you cannot beat it. The game is simply amazing. 

I would recommend Guild Wars 2, Wildstar, Torchlight 2 or Path of Exile. WoW is also getting a new expansion, but keep in mind i've heard the game is changed a lot in the past 4-5 years, and many people didn't liked the way it changed at all.

Only ones who really don't like the change are the ones who back during Vanilla played 12+ hours a day for raid and pvp gear.  Everyone else loved the changes from what I've seen.  The funny thing is, I don't know why the raid players thought that playing 12+ hours a day in order to get anything decent was going to last.  Most of the player base just got pwned and never was able to do anything.  Not to mention that it was their fault to begin with that the changes happened.  Maybe they shouldn't of pubstomped the other players with lives or kept them from getting good gear.  Blizzard made the smart choice.

Reminds me how the D3 players whine and bitch about how D3 isn't like D2 where you can join random servers, pwn the noobs, and take their shit. *gasp* I wonder why...

I hear Sanctum 2 is pretty fun (kind of a tower defense game, but is a FPS) I have yet to play it, but a few of my friends are trying to get me on.

Risk of Rain. A rather hard game, but feels so gratifying once you beat an area/level whatever you want to call it.

Forge is an awesome F2P Third person shooter. It resembles itself kind of like MMO PvP (you have 9 or so skills, some have cooldowns), but faster paced. You also have to aim

While not exclusive to PC

Minecraft

Borderlands

Lastly

If you want to get back into WoW. I'm enjoyed WoD right now. The content is probably the best its been since WotLK (which isn't saying a whole lot since Cata and MoP were pretty bland). I hear end game PvP is pretty lopsided right now. Anything that can heal and do damage will win every time. Ret Pally, Spriest, etc are doing 1/3 of normal healers which is outrageous.

Thanks for the suggestions. I've never played WoW but after competing in both Halo and LoL we'd kinda just like a game that we can sit back chill listening to music and not care too much. Although a PC based Halo game would be sweet but I know that's not out there.

I'd probably skip on WoW if its something that you just want to kick back and play. Not worth $15 a month IMO.

Play TERA or GW2. Tera has an aiming system mixed with an MMO, which provides some cool combat, its graphics are beautiful. Unfortunately thats about all there is to the game. Story is a bore fest, PvP was added later on and is probably rather unbalanced still.

GW2 has a fun PvP, I couldn't get into the story at all, but its at least there.

Lastly you could boot up SWTOR for a MMO since its got a F2P model.

Also as I mentioned earlier about potential half off sales for guild wars, its actually going down right now til Dec 7th. Maybe you can look into the game by then.

While it isn't out yet, I'd keep note on Black Desert Online which looks pretty interesting as a more sandbox oriented MMO. Korean open beta comes out soon so hopefully it turns out well. They are targeting early 2015 for NA/EU beta but it's very possible it will get pushed back a bit as Daum are still setting up their western offices. Hopefully since the NA/EU publisher will be the same as the Korean version that means we won't have a lot of the problems Archeage has. As much as I enjoy that game Trion is trying to kill it as fast as possible.

I heard the latest WoW expansion was pretty good and if you're looking for a themepark MMO it's probably still the best bet (Though I was more of a vanilla player and haven't really had the urge to play WoW in a while). GW2 and FFXIV are games I've heard good things about but never tried myself.

Torchlight 2/Risk of Rain/Speedrunners are some fun games to play with friends.

Ever played warframe? Might give that a look. it think it recently got a pretty major overhaul as well. IMO it has a bit of Destiny in it, but came well before Destiny.

If your looking for something like CS or CoD you might look at Alliance Valiant Arms.

Firefall was already mentioned.

If you want a more simplistic MOBA consider Strife, I really enjoy it. Or perhaps Awesomenauts if you want something really different.

Wakfu would be worth a look if you want to try a strategic MMORPG.

There are tons of MMORPG's, all with unique features;

Tera

Wildstar

PSO2 (if you feel adventurous)

Vindictus

Aion

Path of Exile

Dragon Nest

and so on...

Not sure if you've ever looked at these two sites, but might be worth looking through. They sort of specialize in the F2P game reviews. I've used them a lot in the past to find some really fun games.

http://mmohuts.com/

http://www.mmobomb.com/

Countersrike GO, Archeage, Perfect World i. League of legends, Dota 2. Smite. Im playing those right now.