Sign in to follow this  
GrizzlyAtoms

Issues trying to watch Nightfall?

Has anyone run into any issues when they try to watch Nightfall? Every time I attempt to watch it, instead of saying "Play Episode" it says "Buy Halo". I've tried uninstalling and re installing the Halo Channel app. I've tried to launch the Halo Channel app from my MCC menu. I've run out of things to try that I can think of.

Anyone have a solution? 

Has anyone run into any issues when they try to watch Nightfall? Every time I attempt to watch it, instead of saying "Play Episode" it says "Buy Halo". I've tried uninstalling and re installing the Halo Channel app. I've tried to launch the Halo Channel app from my MCC menu. I've run out of things to try that I can think of.

Anyone have a solution? 

Enter the code on the card that came in your MCC case.

Yes, the show requires a code...

Enter the code on the card that came in your MCC case.

Yes, the show requires a code...

After I entered the code I still got that whole "Buy Halo" thing.

What worked for me was turning off the xbone completely (not just putting it on sleep), letting it sit for a minute or 2, then when I turned it back on I could watch.

I've seen a few posts about this on Waypoint and it doesn't seem there is a fix.

Could you try and go to My Games & apps, press Start on the Halo Channel and choose Manage Game/App. Does Nightfall show up there?

Update:

Today is the first time I've tried to watch Nightfall since I started this thread. My original issue has gone away. I no longer see 'Buy Halo', it says 'Play Now'. However, EVERY TIME I try to watch an episode it says "Up Next:" and the screen flashes and tries to restart the video about 3 times and then goes to a screen that says "The Halo Channel is Currently Unavailable". I've just about had it with this damn game, can't even watch Nightfall to pass the time.

Any suggestions, fixes? I'm going crazy over here 

Apparently it prevents you from watching if you have a capture card plugged in.

WOW... lol 

I haven't tried this solution yet but that makes so much sense but it's stupid AF. Like why not be able to detect the capture card and tell me I can't watch it while I have one hooked up? Fkn amateur hour over there at 343.