ZerueLX11

Zeruel's ULTIMATE Gaming Monitor Thread [2015]

I was thinking about making one of these for a few weeks now, I almost messaged you the other day too to make one together.

I feel like it might be a good idea to use input lags database on the monitors that they have gone through listed in the specs.

I feel like it might be a good idea to use input lags database on the monitors that they have gone through listed in the specs.

Good call! I will add that later!

• Upvote (+1) 5

Nice thread. Good work.

I believe you should place the Asus VN247H-P monitor in your "Champions" list right beside the VN248H-P. They're basically the same monitor, Just the 247H-P is a TN panel with 1ms response time. I just bought 2 of them off Newegg.ca for $170 Canadian each.

*edit. Never mind i found it on Newegg.com for $170 american. Good Alternative to the 248H-P if you are just looking for response times, and want to save $20.

Thanks for putting this together.  The amount of time you had to take out to do this is appreciated.  I'll be linking several friends looking for monitors to this thread.

Edit:  I really feel like this should be pinned.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does anyone know if the "BenQ GL2760H 27'' would be a good gaming monitor?

http://www.amazon.com/BenQ-GL2760H-27-Inch-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B00IZBIMLK

I really want a TV/Monitor that's big enough to watch movies on but good enough for competitive gaming. The BenQ 24" Monitors that MLG uses seem great for just gaming but too small for me when it comes to movies.

Also, how much of a difference would it make if I got a TV such as the "Samsung UN32H5203AFXZA 32" Smart TV"?

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-UN32H5203AFXZA-H5203-1080P-WI-FI/dp/B00MYBBFDE

I honestly want the best of both worlds which is hard to do because 24 inch TVs/Monitors just seem to small to me.

Does anyone know if the "BenQ GL2760H 27'' would be a good gaming monitor?

http://www.amazon.com/BenQ-GL2760H-27-Inch-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B00IZBIMLK

I really want a TV/Monitor that's big enough to watch movies on but good enough for competitive gaming. The BenQ 24" Monitors that MLG uses seem great for just gaming but too small for me when it comes to movies.

Also, how much of a difference would it make if I got a TV such as the "Samsung UN32H5203AFXZA 32" Smart TV"?

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-UN32H5203AFXZA-H5203-1080P-WI-FI/dp/B00MYBBFDE

I honestly want the best of both worlds which is hard to do because 24 inch TVs/Monitors just seem to small to me.

The difference between TV and Monitor will be drastic. If you're gaming competitively, monitor's only.

The BenQ GL2760H monitor would be fine for gaming. The main thing you have to look at is the gtg (grey to grey) response times. Anything below 6ms is usable for gaming. The BenQ is a 2ms monitor.

But personally, if i was using the monitor equally for gaming and movies I would buy this 5ms monitor over the BenQ for sure. I have basically the 24 inch version as my pc screens, but ive gamed Halo on them many times. Picture is very solid. and 5ms response times is fine. but nothing slower

The difference between TV and Monitor will be drastic. If you're gaming competitively, monitor's only.

The BenQ GL2760H monitor would be fine for gaming. The main thing you have to look at is the gtg (grey to grey) response times. Anything below 6ms is usable for gaming. The BenQ is a 2ms monitor.

But personally, if i was using the monitor equally for gaming and movies I would buy this 5ms monitor over the BenQ for sure. I have basically the 24 inch version as my pc screens, but ive gamed Halo on them many times. Picture is very solid. and 5ms response times is fine. but nothing slower

Thanks for all the help man. Right now I'm either going with the one you just posted or this 27" BenQ I just found.

http://www.amazon.com/BenQ-GW2760HS-27-Inch-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B00ITORMDC/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1417457937&sr=1-1&keywords=gw2760hs

Is there any difference in the specs between the two that you notice that are important?

Thanks for all the help man. Right now I'm either going with the one you just posted or this 27" BenQ I just found.

http://www.amazon.com/BenQ-GW2760HS-27-Inch-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B00ITORMDC/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1417457937&sr=1-1&keywords=gw2760hs

Is there any difference in the specs between the two that you notice that are important?

The only major differences are in the panel type. The BenQ is a TN with some tweeks. & the Asus is a IPS (info on panel types is in OP). Now especially because you'll be watching movies, and from places other then directly inches in front of the screen i'd assume. The Asus IPS panel will be far superior just because you can sit at a much wider range of angles and still see a quality image (i.e laying in bed and watching a movie).

The Asus is a 5ms monitor, and that BenQ is a 4ms monitor. You'll never see a difference in terms of lag. So either is fine.

The Asus has a 80 million : 1 dynamic contrast picture. Were the BenQ is only 20 million : 1 dynamic contrast. So obviously the Asus will have a overall better quality picture.

I personally am a big fan of the Asus monitor. It's specs are all quality, and it's overall design and look are just so much better looking then the BenQ. But either monitor will do what you want just fine.

NOTE* Keep in mind that the Asus monitor does not support DVI inputs. It only has 2 HDMI ports, and 1 VGA port. The monitor does come with 1 DVI to HDMI cable though. But just something to keep in mind depending on your setup.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you're willing to pay around the $250 range, I'd recommend something from the Dell Ultrasharp lines. Something like a U2414H or even a U2412M.

Also, the biggest difference between a TV and a monitor is that a TV has a Tuner - other than t hat, you could find a TV with the specs you want and use that, but you'll probably end up paying more for a much large TV when you could spend less and get the perfect size you're looking for in a monitor.

The funny thing is I decided to go with the BenQ 24" RL2760HT. It was on sale for $199.99 and after realizing my current monitor is 22" I realized how much bigger a 27" would be and I think it would effect my gameplay. I game much more than I watch movies so I think it was a safe bet. Sometime down the road (probably next black friday) i'll grab a 40" TV for movies. 

Thank you for the help though it's greatly appreciated.

The funny thing is I decided to go with the BenQ 24" RL2760HT. It was on sale for $199.99 and after realizing my current monitor is 22" I realized how much bigger a 27" would be and I think it would effect my gameplay. I game much more than I watch movies so I think it was a safe bet. Sometime down the road (probably next black friday) i'll grab a 40" TV for movies. 

Thank you for the help though it's greatly appreciated.

Glad some people were able to help you out! The BENQ will do you well, 22 - 27 is good if you are into competitive gaming. 

Sorry I wasn't able to reply right away, this is my ULTIMATE thread lol 

Glad some people were able to help you out! The BENQ will do you well, 22 - 27 is good if you are into competitive gaming. 

Sorry I wasn't able to reply right away, this is my ULTIMATE thread lol 

Haha no problem man! I read up a lot and it seemed like after 24" meaning anything above that, 1080p isn't actually 1080p because the pixels are spread out further. I was also sitting playing CoD AW and caught myself realizing if I go bigger than 24" I'm gonna have a hard time watching the entire screen while playing.

Haha no problem man! I read up a lot and it seemed like after 24" meaning anything above that, 1080p isn't actually 1080p because the pixels are spread out further. I was also sitting playing CoD AW and caught myself realizing if I go bigger than 24" I'm gonna have a hard time watching the entire screen while playing.

Yeah, IMO 24in and 1080p really mix well.  I do have a 27in 1440p monitor though and it looks great, plus 27 isn't REALLY that big. Just find the right distance from sitting away from you monitor and you will have a good time! 

Here is a picture of my dual monitor set up, Left 27in ROG Swift and right BENQ XL2420T. Compare and contrast :)

pa6xFtK.jpg

Dude, I need a new desk. My whole desk shakes when I type and I can see my monitors wiggling and it drives me nuts.

I personally liked my 1920 x 1200 monitor I had for 2 years, but I went back to two 1920 x 1080 which has been fantastic.

Dude, I need a new desk. My whole desk shakes when I type and I can see my monitors wiggling and it drives me nuts.

I personally liked my 1920 x 1200 monitor I had for 2 years, but I went back to two 1920 x 1080 which has been fantastic.

Actually this desk is way smaller, I just went to home depot and bought a huge piece of flat wood and put it on top of my desk lol. 

I personally want to make my own next :)

Actually this desk is way smaller, I just went to home depot and bought a huge piece of flat wood and put it on top of my desk lol. 

I personally want to make my own next :)

I'd like to get something simple.

My only concern is the keyboard placement. I have a pullout thingy for my keyboard which I enjoy very much, so, I'd have to find the right height to a desk for my chair and keyboard placement to work.

I'd like to get something simple.

My only concern is the keyboard placement. I have a pullout thingy for my keyboard which I enjoy very much, so, I'd have to find the right height to a desk for my chair and keyboard placement to work.

I'm looking for a new desk too, and i can't find one with a keyboard pull out that sits at the right heigh. I'm 6'4 so i need something tall. Only thing iv'e found and liked was $500.

I'm looking for a new desk too, and i can't find one with a keyboard pull out that sits at the right heigh. I'm 6'4 so i need something tall. Only thing iv'e found and liked was $500.

Right, I'm in the same boat. Every desk I find that I like is $3-500, like, this shit aint worth that much.

I do have a very nice complete desk set up that was retailing at $500 plus, so, I think I might try and sell it to fuel my new desk.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I'm looking for a 1-5MS Response Time, 18-20 Inch, HDMI Gaming Monitor. (Kinda hard to find)

On the 360 i played on a 18 inch tube tv for like 6 years that had 0 input lag and i just fell in love with it. I actually threw it away since i would only get like 10 bucks for it and everything is HDMI now so it was kinda useless to me.

Rite now i have an Asus VN247H-P, it's a 23.6 Inch 1MS and i have nothing to complain about other than i just miss my tube tv. So I'm looking into buying another smaller monitor. I can't find anything of the same quality while being smaller than the Asus VX228H and the BenQ RL2240H which are both 21.5 Inch. Those are the two monitors I'm deciding between rite now but I'm probably going to get the Asus if i can't find anything smaller. 

I'm looking for a smaller monitor because i like to see the entire screen and the edge of the screen without actually having to focus on the edge of the screen, if that makes sense. 

Again these are the two I'm deciding between (leaning towards the Asus because it's cheaper and a lot of people say the extra money in the BenQ is just a rip off), they are both 21.5 because that's the smallest size in good quality i could find. But i would really love the same quality monitor just in a smaller size (18-20 Inch). It has to have HDMI and just as good if not better these these two.

http://www.asus.com/Monitors_Projectors/VX228H/overview/

http://gaming.benq.com/gaming-monitor/rl2240h/specification/#skip

Also im not on a budget, it just so happens smaller monitors cost less so if you find something good show me  :)

So, basically, you just want a smaller monitor? Sounds like you've already got a TN panel, which is what it sounds like you want. @SeaVomit

Yep, something that has HDMI, is 18-20 inches, has 1-5 ms response time, and is just as good if not better than the 3 monitors I listed but those don't go down to 18-20.

What's a TN Panel? I don't know shit about monitors haha but I have a 23.6 asus 1ms. That's not a monitor?

Shit I would even love to play on a 17 inch as long as it had what I wanted. I would actually prefer a 17 over 20