Chalkie

TCM Chalkie Stream & Questions

A good idea would be to actually include a video or two in your thread here, so it just doesn't look like "Hey, here I am on your forum, go to twitch and follow me". There are a couple of users here that have their own threads dedicated to themselves/videos. It's my understanding that making a thread for yourself should showcase competitive gameplays. Look at Missingno's thread, Cizzats or KnightyKnight. Those have all been rather helpful threads. I even have one of my own that showcases underrated competitive shooters but that's not as similar.

Welcome to the forums, I think I speak for a lot here when we say we hope to see you contribute to our community!

ofcoarse i will happily upload videos up onto this thread... i guess i can start with my montage Snipetality produced, but due to the fact its hard to get a competitve lobby going because of the issues the game has at this moment (and its been out for a week), unfortunately i dont have any game plays worth uploading, i may be able to collect one or two from the online tournament the other day that may be worth a watch, give me a day or two and ill have them uploaded! like i said im new to all this so any constructive criticism i will feed off of, thank you

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

i played CS before MCC kicked off and still play it every now and again, such an amazing FPS! i am so shit at it though, will be playing it once or twice a week if you want to add me... any way of DMing someone on this site so i can give you my steam name?

Haha yea I played it quite a bit when Halo was dead but I am not the greatest either. My highest rank was Master Guardian Elite before I sort of stopped playing, if you want to DM your Steam name to me just click on my profile name and click "Send me a message" maybe I'll start playing more frequently again. :)

ofcoarse i will happily upload videos up onto this thread... i guess i can start with my montage Snipetality produced, but due to the fact its hard to get a competitve lobby going because of the issues the game has at this moment (and its been out for a week), unfortunately i dont have any game plays worth uploading, i may be able to collect one or two from the online tournament the other day that may be worth a watch, give me a day or two and ill have them uploaded! like i said im new to all this so any constructive criticism i will feed off of, thank you

Awesome. I definitely know the troubles of getting lobbies up.. One of the biggest positives for me with MCC is that it's been pretty easy for me to set up Halo CE lobbies. Regardless, tournament gameplays would be great.

How is your commentary though? There are plenty of ways to create content but one of my favorite to watch is gameplays with commentary that provides insight into what is going on mentally.

Cool stuff though, looking forward to your gameplays.

Awesome. I definitely know the troubles of getting lobbies up.. One of the biggest positives for me with MCC is that it's been pretty easy for me to set up Halo CE lobbies. Regardless, tournament gameplays would be great.

How is your commentary though? There are plenty of ways to create content but one of my favorite to watch is gameplays with commentary that provides insight into what is going on mentally.

Cool stuff though, looking forward to your gameplays.

thats something i was going to incorporate in my stream to be honest.. but when i analyse & breakdown games i like to have team comms built in, so this will take me a few weeks to be able to do because i genuinley only got my PC like 2 months ago and ive never done anything like this before so it will be difficult for me to synchronise all this but i will try and make it happen because i know it will benefit people who actually want to understand why certain players make the decisions that they do

read into it as much you feel necessary bro, i enjoy gaming and do of coarse want to make a potential career out of it... It's has helped me travle parts of the world that i probably wouldnt necesarily get the chance to visit if it wasn't for TCM, so yeah it may sound like im plugging certain things but that is because i am genuinley grateful for the opportunites presented to me and would like to give back in whatever way i can to the people who have helped me get to where i am now

It's great you want to compete and go as far as you can and I honestly think that's an amazing commitment to make. I only have issue with this thread in particular because you have your twitch and twitter accounts under your username with every post already and there's nothing stopping you from putting them in your forum signature. If they were in your sig, you could then contribute to actual discussions throughout the forum where you give good insights that would justify people clicking those links. That's how I'd do it anyways, create actual content that's high quality and make a thread for it instead of putting an empty thread that's only about yourself which makes you seem narcissistic (a trait I'm not unfamiliar with and only find tacky when done poorly). You didn't even talk about your team (who are your teammates, what's TCM, how long have you played together, etc etc). Never stop being grateful for your opportunities, the only reason I comment is I think your approach is limiting you, I've seen these kind of threads too many times.

• Downvote (-1) 1

It's great you want to compete and go as far as you can and I honestly think that's an amazing commitment to make. I only have issue with this thread in particular because you have your twitch and twitter accounts under your username with every post already and there's nothing stopping you from putting them in your forum signature. If they were in your sig, you could then contribute to actual discussions throughout the forum where you give good insights that would justify people clicking those links. That's how I'd do it anyways, create actual content that's high quality and make a thread for it instead of putting an empty thread that's only about yourself which makes you seem narcissistic (a trait I'm not unfamiliar with and only find tacky when done poorly). You didn't even talk about your team (who are your teammates, what's TCM, how long have you played together, etc etc). Never stop being grateful for your opportunities, the only reason I comment is I think your approach is limiting you, I've seen these kind of threads too many times.

appreciate the feedback man! thats another reason i have created this so anyone can tell me what they'd like to see... people seem to reading into what im saying a little too literally, i genuinley didnt even do social networking before 2 months ago and have never been a 'tech' guy so i really am new at all this so allow some of the simplicity of my posts. i saw Lxthul had his twitter & twitch under ever post he made but it wasnt actually a post, someone please tell me how to do it then it wont seem like im trying to plug this stuff... the main reason i am taking this direction & putting time into gaming is because of all the positive feedback i received from this forum and the pro players at the events i attended! dont hesitate to say what you think to me, its all a learning curve

• Upvote (+1) 3

Have you played H2C an if so , how do you feel about it compared to Halo 2 Anniv ? (Considering they are  very similar but yet distinct games)

Forums are for discussion, it's not a place to post advertisements for yourself, which is exactly what this thread is.

Wow.. Are you for real?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Forums are for discussion, it's not a place to post advertisements for yourself, which is exactly what this thread is.

Ironically, the more you post in this thread, the more attention and visibility you give it.

This forum has changed over the past month(Blame MCC).... So much hate, I'm already following your stream dude, keep it up!

appreciate the feedback man! thats another reason i have created this so anyone can tell me what they'd like to see... people seem to reading into what im saying a little too literally, i genuinley didnt even do social networking before 2 months ago and have never been a 'tech' guy so i really am new at all this so allow some of the simplicity of my posts. i saw Lxthul had his twitter & twitch under ever post he made but it wasnt actually a post, someone please tell me how to do it then it wont seem like im trying to plug this stuff... the main reason i am taking this direction & putting time into gaming is because of all the positive feedback i received from this forum and the pro players at the events i attended! dont hesitate to say what you think to me, its all a learning curve

On the very top right of the page you're viewing, click on your name to drop down a small menu. Click 'My Settings.' On the left there's a list of shit you can tweak, click on 'Signature.' Use BB code URL tags to list your twitch/twitter links. There should be myriad tutorials for using those URL tags on google.

Have you played H2C an if so , how do you feel about it compared to Halo 2 Anniv ? (Considering they are  very similar but yet distinct games)

i enjoyed having a couple of games on it mainly for nostalgia purposes but i definately prefer anniversary as i find it to look a lot fresher and the gameplay to be a little quicker... i don't enjoy playing games that ive already played for many years, i like to see them develop and update so competing on them is never quite the same!

On the very top right of the page you're viewing, click on your name to drop down a small menu. Click 'My Settings.' On the left there's a list of shit you can tweak, click on 'Signature.' Use BB code URL tags to list your twitch/twitter links. There should be myriad tutorials for using those URL tags on google.

This forum has changed over the past month(Blame MCC).... So much hate, I'm already following your stream dude, keep it up!

Thank both of yous for your support and help :) like i've said before if there is anything in particular you'd like to see in from my end that you'd find useful/entertaining/helpful then let me know

l

Seriously why are you constantly a complete ass on this forum. Everywhere I see you post you have this negative attitude towards people and Halo. Even spreading hearsey in threads. I'm surprised you haven't been banned yet honestly.

Dude is one of the worst posters on this forum lol. Also banning only apply's to those outside their "circle" lol @ u not knowing that

Banning negativity is how real critical discussion stops and how totalitarian groups govern. It's not the way this forum has operated in the past and I hope it doesn't go down the waypoint road.

To an extent.. Since I have joined, the only people I have noticed get banned from this forum have been incredibly negative about everything and often put new members down. That's not cool. And that's sort of what you're doing here. Yeah he's a pro and he's been around a while, and yeah you have the right to post what you want on here, but that doesn't mean you should be a jerk. You're just being a dick. That's what you're making yourself known as in this community. 

I agree that this is not what the forums are for, but at the same time, I think people should be able to post about the content they are supplying to the community. This is a business, and marketing/exposure is a large part of it. If you don't like it, don't comment. 

i enjoyed having a couple of games on it mainly for nostalgia purposes but i definately prefer anniversary as i find it to look a lot fresher and the gameplay to be a little quicker... i don't enjoy playing games that ive already played for many years, i like to see them develop and update so competing on them is never quite the same!

Could you expand on this? I agree with somethings but find it pretty interesting. The evolution of Halo 2 from launch till the end of 07 MLG was decently big. Strategies changed quite a bit, button glitches were figured out, then button glitches became incredibly common, and despite their ease for the BXR or BXB, that added some versatility to the game.

So what I find interesting is that while I feel Halo 2 Classic provides for a deeper competitive gameplay, you state that you like H2A because the gameplay is quicker and that you like to see new games develop and update so competing isn't the same. Are you talking about developing strategies over the next year or so? Or are you talking about the developers updating their game to keep things fresh?

Either way I'm confused  because H2A is literally Halo 2 Classic without any of the button glitches for versatility, and contains the exact same maps that we had developed already. I hope to see H2A's meta change and improve, but we already witnessed that from 05-07.

Could you expand on this? I agree with somethings but find it pretty interesting. The evolution of Halo 2 from launch till the end of 07 MLG was decently big. Strategies changed quite a bit, button glitches were figured out, then button glitches became incredibly common, and despite their ease for the BXR or BXB, that added some versatility to the game.

So what I find interesting is that while I feel Halo 2 Classic provides for a deeper competitive gameplay, you state that you like H2A because the gameplay is quicker and that you like to see new games develop and update so competing isn't the same. Are you talking about developing strategies over the next year or so? Or are you talking about the developers updating their game to keep things fresh?

Either way I'm confused  because H2A is literally Halo 2 Classic without any of the button glitches for versatility, and contains the exact same maps that we had developed already. I hope to see H2A's meta change and improve, but we already witnessed that from 05-07.

This, I was going to ask something similar  but you beat me to it.

So we are allowed to create threads promoting our twitter/twitch/youtube etc here in the Halo General Discussion?

Hmm.... news to me.

tumblr_mcbic3K3EF1rrpsd7.gif

99.9% sure if this was walshy their wouldn't be dumb ass posts like this.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You going to go through an neg rep everyone else as well?

Only the posts I don't agree with since that's what rep is for.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I dunno what everyone is getting mad about, I have seen numerous threads in the past of people "advertising" their YouTube or twitch. Not a big deal imo. People eager to share their content is a bad thing now?

• Upvote (+1) 3

Halo 2 classic is pretty much what Halo 2 use to be and trust me when i say this i played that game more than any other game ever! i just feel that H2A is a little bit smoother than Classic and has modernised tweeks to the maps, whether that varies just from colour or the addition of animated objects (lockout boulders, waterfall on shrine etc...). I want games to develop in graphics and vary minimal things without taking away the core concept of the game, H2C does do these things as well but in essence it is just Halo 2, and if you do want that then yes that game would be better for yourself, but i dont want to live in the past, that phase is over with for me and want to compete on a game thats just overall 'fresh' you could say (vague title but yeah). I 100% agree with the button combo concept and very much do believe that they should put this in to H2A (if its still possible), the game gives you minimal incentive to beat down without this concept. i hope you understand what im trying to say, im not use to breaking down games that i play

lol, we have multiple threads per week that are self-promoting montages and shit and nobody says anything. I dont know what Velo is talking about lol.

I think some people are upset because he did not post any content along with his thread. People posting about montages and videos on youtube and what not have actual Halo content out there right now and want feedback.

I don't have a problem with Chalkie doing this at all but maybe some of the people would have been more accepting if there was a youtube video attached to this or some kind of content that he created instead of a topic post about his twitch and twitter.

Those are my 2 cents but either way, glad that there are more people playing/streaming in Europe now. Would love to see more Halo tournaments there. Sooooo DreamHack anyone?? xD

99.9% sure if this was walshy their wouldn't be dumb ass posts like this.

^^^^^^ Truth

The hate has all the markings of some dumbass "Lol you're EU so you're irrelevant" shitposting.