Sign in to follow this  
ABearInTheWoods

What would YOU have named Halo 5?

Halo 5, I can't see why it would be named wheelchair though. It's not helping new players find success, it's actually harder to play. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

My optimistic point of view: Halo 5: Give it a chance

My pessimistic point of view: Halo 5: The death of the franchise

My real view: Halo 5: We still got MCC to fall back on tho

Halo: You need to adapt stop wanting another halo 2 clone.

There's a difference in adapting and just playing a bad game. Adapting was making the switch from H2 to H3. The further 343 gets away from the core mechanics, the worse the franchise gets.

Until AW, the core mechanics of CoD remained relatively the same from CoD4-Ghosts. As did CE-H3. CoD didn't become the sole flagship game until Reach was released. It was always rivaled by Halo.

When the chips were down, the sole called die hard halo fans began to eat each other (Yes, I am using a dark knight reference).

Innovation is not needed. Change is needed, revolutionizing a game is not.

This may be a bad analogy but professional sports have remained popular for so long because the game never changes. Little adjustments are made but the entirety of the game never has. This is something game developers should make note of when you try to make a sequel to a successful competitive game. And don't say people will get tired of playing the same game year after year because how many people watch football on weekends year after year? How many people play football from pee wee through high school? They may grow physically as players but don't we grow mentally as players? I've played Halo consistently from 2006-present and still learn new things about the game everyday and from my mistakes.

Adapting to a completely different game is not something needs to be done.

Core mechanics is the key. 343 has to go back to the roots in order to succeed. Pushing that ideology is the only thing that can save Halo at this point.

If the next CoD installments contain these exo gear movements again, they'll be saying the same thing.

Edit: Sorry for the long off topic rant. Ritalin has a tendency to do that to me sometimes

Halo 5, I can't see why it would be named wheelchair though. It's not helping new players find success, it's actually harder to play.

A wheelchair allows someone who is disabled to get somewhere, but an able-bodied person is restricted by the wheelchair, just as good players are restricted by sprint, smart scope, and improperly balanced base traits like ground pound and thrust.

I know everyone here knows this, but doesn't it make sense that sprint doesn't take the game anywhere in the long run? Of course! Slow and steady (but mainly steady) wins the race.

There's a difference in adapting and just playing a bad game. Adapting was making the switch from H2 to H3. The further 343 gets away from the core mechanics, the worse the franchise gets.

Until AW, the core mechanics of CoD remained relatively the same from CoD4-Ghosts. As did CE-H3. CoD didn't become the sole flagship game until Reach was released. It was always rivaled by Halo.

When the chips were down, the sole called die hard halo fans began to eat each other (Yes, I am using a dark knight reference).

Innovation is not needed. Change is needed, revolutionizing a game is not.

This may be a bad analogy but professional sports have remained popular for so long because the game never changes. Little adjustments are made but the entirety of the game never has. This is something game developers should make note of when you try to make a sequel to a successful competitive game. And don't say people will get tired of playing the same game year after year because how many people watch football on weekends year after year? How many people play football from pee wee through high school? They may grow physically as players but don't we grow mentally as players? I've played Halo consistently from 2006-present and still learn new things about the game everyday and from my mistakes.

Adapting to a completely different game is not something needs to be done.

Core mechanics is the key. 343 has to go back to the roots in order to succeed. Pushing that ideology is the only thing that can save Halo at this point.

If the next CoD installments contain these exo gear movements again, they'll be saying the same thing.

Edit: Sorry for the long off topic rant. Ritalin has a tendency to do that to me sometimes

I was making a joke about people saying we need to adapt.

Super Destiny: Advanced Warfare 2 Turbo feat. Master Chief. If you preorder the game, you can get the special Won't Work on Day One Edition. Available at Walmart