chaosTheory

Dedicated website for tracking Halo CE gameplay issues in MCC

Ok so after another night of hosting because kids dont want to, I'm pretty certain that it is not that shots aren't hitting on host, it's that they made the shot leading on host much more like OG. I have to whip my aimer back and forth on host now, something that you don't have to do off host because lead is minimal.

By the end of the night last night I was getting 3's again, something I wasn't doing on the first night post patch. By leading like you would on OG host I found that shots were hitting perfectly if I lead correctly and missing if my aim got lazy and didn't adjust fast enough or lead far enough.

I'm gonna have to disagree.  I got host a few games and it was literally a case of my shots bouncing off of people and not registering.  However, I do have shitty internet and I've only gotten host a few times.  In my experience, I can see my shots land, but get nothing.

Also I LANed OG this evening, and the pistoling is NOTHING like OG at all.  I like that H:CE is online and all, but MCC still doesn't hold a fucking candle to OG.  Go back and LAN; who ever was mentioning that MCC was getting close to the original is way off base.  I truly wish it weren't the case, but the intangible "feel" of Xbox Halo was not preserved.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Are you guys seeing that most of your opponents are skippingwhen moving now post patch?

Also I've had multiple game crashes both in game and during loading since the patch. Didn't have either before.

@@Bravo

• Upvote (+1) 1

Are you guys seeing that most of your opponents are skippingwhen moving now post patch?

Also I've had multiple game crashes both in game and during loading since the patch. Didn't have either before.

Yes to both.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ok there's at least 5 new issues post patch. I'm getting ghost rockets and ghost grenades. This is happening not even right as I'm dying. I will just shoot a rocket or throw a nade and nothing comes out. People are skipping when moving. The game is crashing during the games and while loading maps. And on host is having some kind of issue with shot reg.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ok there's at least 5 new issues post patch. I'm getting ghost rockets and ghost grenades. This is happening not even right as I'm dying. I will just shoot a rocket or throw a nade and nothing comes out. People are skipping when moving. The game is crashing during the games and while loading maps. And on host is having some kind of issue with shot reg.

Those are new issues? Must be nice

• Upvote (+1) 2

These are mostly from latency issues because they only happen in laggy games. Whatever they introduced to the game engine is causing more latency issues with more hosts. I would get the non-reloading crap months ago in particularly rare laggy as F games. I'm sure it runs fine on dedis and hosts close to you but it's harder to play on mediocre hosts or with other people in the game who have bad connections.

well I finally played this game. the sniper bullet is as wide as a watermelon. I think I have maybe 600 headshots after my first night

• Upvote (+1) 2

yes its a latency issue, i noticed that the moment the game decides on who is host that person gets a noticeable ping increasement, 10-30ms on top of what that person had before along with more jitter than normal (in customs i ofc mean when the leadership is being transfered)

that might sound low for you but getting a connection to raise that much requires quite some bandwidth

a regular P2P game @ being host doesnt need more than 300-400kbits up and down, so my assumption is that they upped the upload of what the host needs to have

higher tick or whatsoever, something that requires more data to be shared to the clients, this would also explain the better hitreg in customs

now if the host doesnt have a strong connection the ping should rise even more

there have been games in the past that had similar issues, eg CSGO on the Xbox360 required almost 650kbits upload as a client, thats more than some ADSL users have as a minimum permanent upload

(ADSL goes to 1mbits upload maximum, with probably 0,5 to 0,7 as a minimum permanent upload)

the result is that people lag, skip or warp

you can all test that in your own customs with friends

be the host, upload 3-4 videos to youtube and start the game, the clients will only see skipping player models and occasionally reload issues

if you have a strong internet add some more videos

its just an assumption but it would make sense, when someone with weak internet pulls host (general good ping and low packet loss) this could happen

i havent had another skipping game yet in which i could verify my theory but if im right then the host will have a huge ping increasement as the upload is maxed out, 50-500ms or even more

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ok so after another night of hosting because kids dont want to, I'm pretty certain that it is not that shots aren't hitting on host, it's that they made the shot leading on host much more like OG. I have to whip my aimer back and forth on host now, something that you don't have to do off host because lead is minimal.

By the end of the night last night I was getting 3's again, something I wasn't doing on the first night post patch. By leading like you would on OG host I found that shots were hitting perfectly if I lead correctly and missing if my aim got lazy and didn't adjust fast enough or lead far enough.

Interesting. I knew something was off about the shooting. I thought it was simply lag. Good shit.

well I finally played this game. the sniper bullet is as wide as a watermelon. I think I have maybe 600 headshots after my first night

***** you only had like 50 kills tops all night.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ok there's at least 5 new issues post patch. I'm getting ghost rockets and ghost grenades. This is happening not even right as I'm dying. I will just shoot a rocket or throw a nade and nothing comes out. People are skipping when moving. The game is crashing during the games and while loading maps. And on host is having some kind of issue with shot reg.

I have been having the ghost rockets and grenades long before patch. One thing that has helped me with that issue is disabling wireless on my router when I play. Cuz even though wife and kid is asleep and no one is using the wireless something about just having the signal on was giving me issues. Also some hosts give me those issues even with all that being disabled just not often anymore.

Well boys we got ourselves a pickle. On host pistol is broken. If it isnt, then the off host pistol needs to behave in the same way, because as of right now hosting is actually a huge disadvantage.

You can run 2 series of the same teams, swapping host for the second, and watch the scores flip upside down as host changes. The ON HOST guy gets wrecked. Then when he is off host, he destroys like Patch on adderall. This needs fixing ASAP. It's going to be a huge issue in tournaments.

@@Bravo @@Frankie please read and lets us know what the status of this is.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Well boys we got ourselves a pickle. On host pistol is broken. If it isnt, then the off host pistol needs to behave in the same way, because as of right now hosting is actually a huge disadvantage.

You can run 2 series of the same teams, swapping host for the second, and watch the scores flip upside down as host changes. The ON HOST guy gets wrecked. Then when he is off host, he destroys like Patch on adderall. This needs fixing ASAP. It's going to be a huge issue in tournaments.

@@Bravo @@Frankie please read and lets us know what the status of this is.

Long range shooting has been harder and a little inconsistant on host for like the last 2 months. I always really notice it on hh and dere. My theory is that whatever they did to make off host feel harder now just made on host even that much more difficult. Because long range now on host doesnt even make sense at all its just an inconsistant guessing game. I noticed this and made a post about it the first night patch dropped......
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe they're pulling a halo 3 and making host more difficult to balance it?

Would love if they could share details about exactly how they are coding this.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Played a little for the first time in a while. Reload, rockets and nades all felt slow and wonky, shooting felt easier than it should. Although i was playing on wireless for the first time, and not close at all to the router.

Please don't have these kids thinking that I would ever do a drug to play a video game. I'm PED free

PEDs can fuck you up for life. I'm happy for those that make a living off it but the side effects in the long run will be worth 3x what they made in hospital bills since they won't have health insurance through MLG, HCS, etc.

I actually see what you guys mean about the host pistol but it's not broken and your shots register just fine...it's just MCC. The spread is way off, it's been that way since launch. It just so happens to be altered quite a bit. Maybe 343 is trying to balance the power of host? Who knows. Bungie did it for host Halo 3 BR when everyone complained about the epic advantage of host H2 BR. Bungie dropped the ball then and now 343 is dropping the ball now. 

Alright well I'm paired with host so I should be able to piggyback off his ridiculous pistol

^ Me last night

Judging from how TSP was griping it definitely doesn't seem like just latency/connection stuff, but something that's flat broken. I didn't play much Halo PC so I don't know if it's residuals from that, anyone have any insight there?

Here's a spread test from OG H1. Can anyone confirm that it's different for MCC? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUoVJzkL5es

Judging from how TSP was griping it definitely doesn't seem like just latency/connection stuff, but something that's flat broken. I didn't play much Halo PC so I don't know if it's residuals from that, anyone have any insight there?

i played quite some Halo PC and there werent any of those issues

also pretty much any game ran on self-rented dedis

as for the spread issue, check out this post (and the next page) :)

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/7778-dedicated-website-for-tracking-halo-ce-gameplay-issues-in-mcc/?p=410567

If tournaments are still going to go on before a fix for host shooting then chill out should be used for tie breakers. I say this because as broken as my host shots are on other maps I still can manage to go +10 on chill out, running around with mostly sniper/shotgun combo the whole game. Tournaments could be considered semi fair if every game alternates host and uses chill out for the tie breaker, and top seeded team should have choice of host or not on the tie breaker chill out.

or you play a map twice with each team having to host once, score then is combined to determin the winner of that map

ofc with a lower map count then, eg best of 3

• Upvote (+1) 2

At this point it seems like switching host each series for two series is the best option. There's a huuuuuuge discrepancy in scores for whoever is hosting.