chaosTheory

Dedicated website for tracking Halo CE gameplay issues in MCC

I'm like 99% sure meleeing cancels the sound for all in the game. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I'll stop doing it if it doesn't do anything because I've always done it to gain an edge.

It definitley did not cancel the sound for the other team in the original but i cant guarantee they haven't changed that in mcc

Someone who is reasonably knowledgeable: what is the process that 343 used to polish H1 and make it run at 60fps? Completely separate question: is it possible to modify the OG version in a similar way and perhaps have it put on a modded XB1 or PC? Not referring to online play.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Someone who is reasonably knowledgeable: what is the process that 343 used to polish H1 and make it run at 60fps? Completely separate question: is it possible to modify the OG version in a similar way and perhaps have it put on a modded XB1 or PC? Not referring to online play.

Not it is not possible.

I deal with host on lan i can deal with host on xbl. I just want to have people to play when i get on. MM is fkn terrible

My findings are that in custom games shots register much easier on certain players depending on the map, and some rarely register on other players. I've played numerous 2v2 series and I'll be getting three shot pistol kills on priz, chilly, and hh against both players, but then on dammy, nothing will register against the host's pard. Play another series, and then nothing registers on priz. 8 shots to kill someone. I've been in FFA's where shots clearly register on 4 of the 5 players, but some guy can be standing still and a snipe to the head does nothing to him. There's no consistency whatsoever with hit registration. It varies game to game regardless of who is hosting. Sometimes I can hit the host no problem, but have to put 8 shots into his pard to bring him down with no OS. At least on XBC, you knew how much to lead by depending on what the ping was. The randomness is annoying when you don't have a 100 Mbps down / 50 mbps up connection like some have that report no issues. Some games I get tsk'd. Other games, no one can hit me. Custom games are a joke of randomness.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I've been playing with Wargod a lot and yeah we notice it all the time. I challenge anybody to play Aborted God's 2box while you're host and tell me they can hit those guys consistently.

I feel like the offhost boxes sometimes get an advantage.It's weird. I can notice it in matchmaking too where one guy will be skipping all over the map and his teammates are not. I mean it must be his connection. I wonder if he can reliably shoot us too though.

I've been playing with Wargod a lot and yeah we notice it all the time. I challenge anybody to play Aborted God's 2box while you're host and tell me they can hit those guys consistently.

I feel like the offhost boxes sometimes get an advantage.It's weird. I can notice it in matchmaking too where one guy will be skipping all over the map and his teammates are not. I mean it must be his connection. I wonder if he can reliably shoot us too though.

Aborted God here.  I probably have the worst internet connection of anyone on this board (2-up, like 0.3-down), which is why you had trouble hitting us.  Also, I live in MS which is probably far from you.  I promise it was fucking horrible for us though.  In my experience, off host is not an advantage at all.  Host advantage is SUCH a huge advantage.

When I run customs, I always alternate host so that one team isn't getting fucked the entire time.  I think everyone should do this.  I won't say host advantage is XBC level, but its way way more of an advantage than LAN is.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why the fuck can't you melee out of your zoom? Has it always been that way? This has gotten me killed more times than I can count.

• Upvote (+1) 1

When I stream people say I skip around and am hard to hit. But when I do this my shots dont register good at all and grenades throw really late and rockets shoot really delayed. Also I have to hit the reload button at least two times before it actually reloads my weapon. I feel it is no advantage at all to lag skip around its just frustrating for both parties.

Also I have noticed shots not registering on certain people in ffas and some bad hosts its pretty rare for me though.

Aborted God here.  I probably have the worst internet connection of anyone on this board (2-up, like 0.3-down), which is why you had trouble hitting us.  Also, I live in MS which is probably far from you.  I promise it was fucking horrible for us though.  In my experience, off host is not an advantage at all.  Host advantage is SUCH a huge advantage.

When I run customs, I always alternate host so that one team isn't getting fucked the entire time.  I think everyone should do this.  I won't say host advantage is XBC level, but its way way more of an advantage than LAN is.

I find that when my teammate is hosting, it's much easier for me to hit my shots on both players than when I'm hosting (on most maps) but there is always that one map that with the same teams and same host, it takes 8 head shots to down someone.  I have no idea why this is, because when I join matchmaking it never takes that many shots to kill someone.  It's 2015.  Every game even if custom should be on a dedicated 343 server and feel like OG xbox host on LAN for all players.

Instead what we have is a game where your screen shows you getting shot behind cover, or you go through a teleporter and die because what is happening on your screen is not real time, or you shoot a rocket, it makes the noise, and no rocket comes out lol.

Aborted God here. I probably have the worst internet connection of anyone on this board (2-up, like 0.3-down), which is why you had trouble hitting us. Also, I live in MS which is probably far from you. I promise it was fucking horrible for us though. In my experience, off host is not an advantage at all. Host advantage is SUCH a huge advantage.

When I run customs, I always alternate host so that one team isn't getting fucked the entire time. I think everyone should do this. I won't say host advantage is XBC level, but its way way more of an advantage than LAN is.

I'm just glad to hear that it's challenging for both parties involved. At least it's somewhat fair that way.

I think I'm going to limit my streaming to matchmaking nights. It probably hinders performance way too much in customs. Fortunately I wasn't streaming against you guys or you probably would have rage quit after I ate a whole clip lol.

Mississippi isn't the furthest I've played against and I play with the crew from Georgia quite often so your distance isn't too bad, but Ohio and NY are definitely ideal.

I've played from Hawaii against Batchford in Scotland a few times.  That was impossible.

you 'Muricans need to get Fiber asap

In my expierences its easier to shoot on a really good host then it is my host at long range. Short range and spawn time is better on host though.

My findings are that in custom games shots register much easier on certain players depending on the map, and some rarely register on other players. I've played numerous 2v2 series and I'll be getting three shot pistol kills on priz, chilly, and hh against both players, but then on dammy, nothing will register against the host's pard. Play another series, and then nothing registers on priz. 8 shots to kill someone. I've been in FFA's where shots clearly register on 4 of the 5 players, but some guy can be standing still and a snipe to the head does nothing to him. There's no consistency whatsoever with hit registration. It varies game to game regardless of who is hosting. Sometimes I can hit the host no problem, but have to put 8 shots into his pard to bring him down with no OS. At least on XBC, you knew how much to lead by depending on what the ping was. The randomness is annoying when you don't have a 100 Mbps down / 50 mbps up connection like some have that report no issues. Some games I get tsk'd. Other games, no one can hit me. Custom games are a joke of randomness.

glad to hear im not the only one to experience this

and its the same for my friends with 100mbit connections

CE customs require like 0,4 down 0,3 up if you are the host, even less for clients

theres no way our connection is causing this, youd need a really really slow connection that occassionaly can dip below those speeds

When I stream people say I skip around and am hard to hit. But when I do this my shots dont register good at all and grenades throw really late and rockets shoot really delayed. Also I have to hit the reload button at least two times before it actually reloads my weapon. I feel it is no advantage at all to lag skip around its just frustrating for both parties.

when you stream this behaviour is to be expected, you either are almost maxing out your upload or your router is a standard cheap ISP router (mostly both at the same time)

cheap routers often get overflowed with upload packages that they drop if the queue adds up too much, if a gaming package is droped then you see your own bullet shots on the Xbox that never do reach the online-world though, the shot therefore isnt registered then although you see it

the same can happen if you maximize your upload, even if you stream at 2mbits while having 4mbits overall there will be seconds in which you fall back to 1,5mbits or 2mbits upload overall, in those moments you might experience what you described

now imagine what happens when the host is streaming to twitch and either or both of the scenarios above are appearing

therefore id use a decent router with quality QoS along with an upload that i give enough puffer for connection dips and the game

QoS wont help you if you stream through the Xbox ofc, you have to do it via PC

i had the same today with regular grenades in quite some games, they were spinning in circles or lines mid-air on prisoner

havent had it on any other map

I just encountered a new one where I handed the flag to my teammate, and he went flying through the bottom of the map for a while. I thought that I recorded it, but it wasn't anywhere to be seen when I went to xboxclips.com. I'll have to see if it's hiding on my console's hard drive later.

Shameless plug:

It is now possible to play the OG version of Hang 'Em High in my Custom Edition server.

b_560_95_1.png

Why am I posting this here? Just to prove that an unpaid modder with a vague interpretation of the meta-game and a little bit of spare time on his hands is able to restore the OG versions of the maps, while 343i with all their resources and pro players at their disposal haven't even addressed the issue.

For those actually interested in playing: That's a Custom Edition server with several maps in the map-votes (not only HH), proper MLG gametypes (complete with 4-nade starts) and the no-lead mod. If any of you jump on there, please PM me with any issues you encounter (gametypes, maps and mapcycles are all constantly getting updated and improved - again unlike MCC).

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think everything is going into redesigning the UI or w/e you want to call it. Updating anything would just cause more delays. I think they did hire a guy from the pc community to work on mcc ce? I'm sure he hasn't be twiddling his thumbs if thats so, he probably just not allowed to implement anything.

tho why no HEK support?