chaosTheory

Dedicated website for tracking Halo CE gameplay issues in MCC

Re run the mcc test and wait a full second or two between shots, I'm curious if it's a controller issue or the Xbox interpreting the controller... that much spread is hold down trigger amount

im pretty sure the triggers on the xbox one controller just suck ass.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I thought people ran these tests early on and the spead was same as OG?

I thought the same thing. I feel like Thor posted plenty of screens confirming everything is the same. Either one of the 50 patches did something, or the tests are flawed

Re run the mcc test and wait a full second or two between shots, I'm curious if it's a controller issue or the Xbox interpreting the controller... that much spread is hold down trigger amount

I just re ran the MCC vs OG test and it appears I WAS WRONG.

First of all, my tests were conducted while holding down the trigger (I did them a couple days ago and the reason I tested it this way is because the guy that brought this to my attention mentioned it only worked when holding the trigger).

Secondly, when I tested the real OG version tonight I didn't hold the trigger, but fired it like a semi-automatic - which is what made it appear much more accurate.

So I apologize for the false alarm, but now I'm questioning my tests. The guy that I quoted in my other post (the guy who discovered all this) is very knowledgeable about the CE engine. I'll have to ask him to elaborate.

Sorry guys, but look on the bright side: it seems like the pistol is in fact alright in MCC.

Pistoling feels too easy for sure, but it's definitely not the worst thing about this game. The more I play it, the more I had the grenades not coming out fast enough. Same for the rockets. Could be because I play a lot on us hosts although I'm in France but I know that even on hosts that are close to you, this happens as well and it's quite disturbing

Pistoling feels too easy for sure, but it's definitely not the worst thing about this game. The more I play it, the more I had the grenades not coming out fast enough. Same for the rockets. Could be because I play a lot on us hosts although I'm in France but I know that even on hosts that are close to you, this happens as well and it's quite disturbing

Yeah, that shit happens to me a lot too. I throw a lot of death nades, but they never come out.

Also dying through teleporters and around corners is getting pretty annoying. I feel like I'm playing CoD sometimes.

Yeah, that shit happens to me a lot too. I throw a lot of death nades, but they never come out.

Also dying through teleporters and around corners is getting pretty annoying. I feel like I'm playing CoD sometimes.

that's because they both handle high pings the same way. you're not gonna get a better internet gaming experience until they figure out real time travel, or everyone has a direct fiber connection to everyone they're playing. there are just too many NICs, cables, routers, switches, and servers passing data around. it's amazing it's as fast as it is, really.

i'm a death 'nader too (aren't we all?), and having them robbed IS super annoying. i feel like that's something they could fix. they made directional inputs (running, jumping) client-side, and i feel like they selectively gave some guns client-side firing (pistol bullets seem to come out correctly, but some rockets make the fired sound but then don't come out), so why can't they make grenade tosses client-authorized? i don't know. i will search for answers.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's not just death nades but nades in general. They are f***** up. I kill so many people on OG with nades alone. They are very effective since they come out at the exact moment you pull the trigger. On that crappy MCC, nades come out WAY too late. And we spawn with only 2 nades that won't work properly. Nades are supposed to be OG's most useful tool together with the pistol. I'm surprised you guys keep talking about the pistol whereas all I've mentioned regarding nades is game breaking and is the biggest MCC issue IMO. Yes, pistol is noobified for sure but it's OK, I've played with the best MCC players and I can tell you I can feel the difference in skill between a good and a bad player when it comes to pistolling. But nades... Nades are awful. Ho yeah, and rockets have the same problem too! The fact that camo is so hard to see and that rocket shots are so delayed is making the camo the most powerful item of the game.

It's not just death nades but nades in general. They are f***** up. I kill so many people on OG with nades alone. They are very effective since they come out at the exact moment you pull the trigger. On that crappy MCC, nades come out WAY too late. And we spawn with only 2 nades that won't work properly. Nades are supposed to be OG's most useful tool together with the pistol. I'm surprised you guys keep talking about the pistol whereas all I've mentioned regarding nades is game breaking and is the biggest MCC issue IMO. Yes, pistol is noobified for sure but it's OK, I've played with the best MCC players and I can tell you I can feel the difference in skill between a good and a bad player when it comes to pistolling. But nades... Nades are awful. Ho yeah, and rockets have the same problem too! The fact that camo is so hard to see and that rocket shots are so delayed is making the camo the most powerful item of the game.

never said it was just death nades. my would-have-been-perfect nades get rejected by walls all too often. we OG players have a pretty good sense of when a nade should come out, and we toss them while strafing next to really close corners, and it doesn't work out, because MCC. i know. i was merely using the death nade delay (same delay as normal nading) to paint the picture that they are coming out as a server-confirmed action, which is subject to the ping time. grenade throws in general should be client-side animated, and then the server should resolve the grenade's existence/location/timing after the fact, like running, jumping, and (possibly?) shooting (for only SOME of the guns) (which still needs to be tested, and i'm far too busy/never home to do it.)

that's because they both handle high pings the same way. you're not gonna get a better internet gaming experience until they figure out real time travel, or everyone has a direct fiber connection to everyone they're playing. there are just too many NICs, cables, routers, switches, and servers passing data around. it's amazing it's as fast as it is, really.

i'm a death 'nader too (aren't we all?), and having them robbed IS super annoying. i feel like that's something they could fix. they made directional inputs (running, jumping) client-side, and i feel like they selectively gave some guns client-side firing (pistol bullets seem to come out correctly, but some rockets make the fired sound but then don't come out), so why can't they make grenade tosses client-authorized? i don't know. i will search for answers.

Maptacular changed my life. :walshy:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I believe the game displayed the camo dropping but it didn't drop. I'm pretty sure if you naded its spawn again you'd be able to pick up the camo

I believe the game displayed the camo dropping but it didn't drop. I'm pretty sure if you naded its spawn again you'd be able to pick up the camo

It landed on the small ledge in pit for the host. If he jumped he would have picked it up. Similar to the clips here: http://www.halobugs.com/#?b=70

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would be perfectly fine playing 2s with the same people over and over and over. It's just frustrating that in 2015 custom games are still being played on a p2p connection instead of dedis (not that it would work anyway).

I have two questions about quick camo in MCC... I remember having to shoot a bullet from the AR to get quick camo. However, I've seen people switch to the AR on stream and they seem to get quick camo without having to shoot. Am I missing something here?

Also, I thought melee'ing after switching weapons masked the sound of pulling the weapon out? I imagined it would be similar to how it worked in H3 with the mauler. Again, maybe I'm just hallucinating/delusional but I remember being able to do something like that.

I haven't played CE MP in so long and am trying to get back into it but I'm super confused about these two things.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I have two questions about quick camo in MCC... I remember having to shoot a bullet from the AR to get quick camo. However, I've seen people switch to the AR on stream and they seem to get quick camo without having to shoot. Am I missing something here?

Also, I thought melee'ing after switching weapons masked the sound of pulling the weapon out? I imagined it would be similar to how it worked in H3 with the mauler. Again, maybe I'm just hallucinating/delusional but I remember being able to do something like that.

I haven't played CE MP in so long and am trying to get back into it but I'm super confused about these two things.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

If you shoot a pistol shot then switch to a quick camo weapon you quick camo.

And I'm pretty sure the melee only cancels sound on your screen. Which helped when you were lanning in the same room.