chaosTheory

Dedicated website for tracking Halo CE gameplay issues in MCC

it's definitely the sound of the AR hitting the floor.

as far as the melee, i think what @@Mintograde is getting at is that the melee was wrongly applied to your player; that somehow, somewhere in the code the game said you got whacked because you were a mislabeled member of the red team. nothing else deals death that fast except phantom fall damage... which, despite the fact that you weren't jumping, could still be the case, given you don't need to be falling anywhere near fall damage speed in order to receive it in mcc. plus rat race has had a few reports of phall damage (get it? phantom fall damage. anyone? i'll stick with it) on the ramps. but, if i'm reading the message text correctly, they assigned your death to | The Clown |, so if someone got awarded the kill, how did he do it? couldn't have been sniped without a sniper in the map, no rockets... and i don't think either would make you fall that way anyway. so, it looks a lot like a melee death, glad you capped it, now bug it! 

if i'm reading the message text correctly, they assigned your death to | The Clown |, so if someone got awarded the kill, how did he do it?

Does anyone know offhand how long you have to wait after taking damage before a suicide counts as a suicide and not a player kill? Also, are suicide-kills given to the recent player who dealt the most damage or any damage? If it's the latter (or if the suicide-clock expired), we can rule out fall damage - KingNick was the last player to damage Hasuku (the full clip is here).

Just found this site!

About the nades feeling different that was mentioned earlier, its definitely that they come out slightly later than on OG xbox. I know because I have a tendency to throw a nade if I feel I'm about to die and many times there would be a grenade beside or on top of my body if I did die and throughout all of my games with MCC I have not had this happen once. I also just notice it randomly during grenade throws as if it was super obvious it came out late. Although some of those times might have contributed to lag. 

One thing I don't see anyone mention is the melee deaths after you melee and kill someone yourself. This has resulted in me being killed by the guardians on average of once every other time I play just about. Most likely because of latency and it not registering that I killed them and their melee attack still went through and it gone on to kill me. 

Another is Melees to the back. About 2 or 3 times I got meleed and died when we just got into a close-quarters fight and they didn't damage me enough for a single melee to kill me and they were definitely not behind me. One of those times I had OS and was super salty. 

Anyone else experience these?

Also, I wanted to ask how do you know that 343 is "aware" or "will be fixed" with some of the issues? I just don't wanna get all excited for some fixes eventually, if they're never going to come :(

I encountered some fatal "phall" damage on while jumping down one of Sidewinder's interior ramps.

I died from it jumping down the tiny ramp from bottom mid in Derelict towards the portal. Had full health & shields, and didn't crouch for the landing. It's literally like a 4 foot drop. I'm at work righ now, so I'll post the video of it later. @@Teapot makes a quick cameo in it as well.

Edit: here it is:

xboxdvr.com/THE+HITMENG/844c5f53-276b-4765-87ed-b894b516cf6c

The bugs just keep coming.  Quoted from main MCC thread.

So this happened to me yesterday. Offhost h1, grabbed new cloak as my old one was expiring, and it took away my cloak all together.

xboxdvr.com/Walker+SOTO/f26b0cb9-702e-4ece-83e0-6471ac8a57b5

And those spin moves!

Is this just a visual thing?  It almost appears that the spinning player locked in teleporter is crouching at times, lowering and raising gun at other and even shooting.  The person playing is still able to port through, so the teammate isn't blocking the portal.

funny how so many bugs could possibly exist. If they were going to half ass it they might as well just used xbox and ship it exact how was just up the frames and resolution and just make an xbc style server style list on xbl. Would be no bugs just your normal off host xbc shooting leading shots which is still 1000 better then what we got. Would of cost them a lot less and at least people could play the dam game.

• Upvote (+1) 6

How do you upload clips from your xbox, to that site, then to youtube? I have yet to submit any videos, and I doubt I have any new ones. I've got footage of the anti auto-aim, falling from flag on Wizard with full OS, only to melee a guy kill him and die to the guardians, 2 clips of me falling through the map only to land back in a lower portion. Maybe a circle spawn or two as well. I think most of these have been covered though.

Is this just a visual thing?  It almost appears that the spinning player locked in teleporter is crouching at times, lowering and raising gun at other and even shooting.  The person playing is still able to port through, so the teammate isn't blocking the portal.

Here's my theory:

The player goes through the portal, walks forward until he's about to exit the portal, but then walks backward just in time. On the player's screen, he is blocking the top portal, but the server thinks the player exited and re-entered the portal, and is now blocking the bottom portal. He's not really spinning, he's just quickly switching between two directions: looking straight out of the top portal and looking straight into the bottom portal.

How do you upload clips from your xbox, to that site, then to youtube? I have yet to submit any videos, and I doubt I have any new ones. I've got footage of the anti auto-aim, falling from flag on Wizard with full OS, only to melee a guy kill him and die to the guardians, 2 clips of me falling through the map only to land back in a lower portion. Maybe a circle spawn or two as well. I think most of these have been covered though.

You can get them from here: xboxdvr.com/teapot%20yo

• Upvote (+1) 1

@@insidi0us Whenever I try to submit to the site nothing happens, ive tried my clip where i spawn with OS, and this death vid

hey guys I've been out of the country for 3 days for work, sorry to whoever else is having issues. the site was a very rushed spare-time project and definitely has a few holes. I'll clean up the code tomorrow when I get home and hopefully fix any lingering issues. @@Hasuku CE check back tomorrow evening, I'm not sure what exactly is causing it to do nothing for you but I'll comb thru and post back here if I find out what's up.

as for the teleporter spinbug, @@Mintograde has a pretty plausible theory. makes sense. and yet another thing caused by client-server disagreements.

@@sic, I couldn't agree more. the amount of work required at this point and leading up to now is totally wasteful.

regarding the old camo + new camo = no camo, it was in fact mentioned and recorded already. I'll raise the priority of the bug on the site.

also, I'm thinking about adding a "top priority" level for things we can all collectively agree need first attention. anyone know how to do a poll in an existing thread? I'm a forum nub and all I have is my phone right now anyway.

I am going to be 100% honest, I just do not believe they can fix this game through patches. The amount of glitches/bugs/crashes is unbelievable. The game is broken...totally broken. They might be able to modify and better the shot registration, but I mean falling through maps, glitched portals, grenades, the list goes on and they cant fix it all. I just dont see them doing it. I have tried to stay optimistic but it is just not possible and I have given up. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree I think at this point the best they can do by Christmas is feed us a few updates that fix matchmaking stuff and some game changing fixs and a 2vs2 playlist. Lets just hope the top game breaking bugs are the ones fixed with the next series of updates. You know dam well once christmas passes they wont touch the game anymore.

I think insid has a great idea with the poll. Top for me would be of course be shot registration the same as no lead server mod on halo pc, all while using the xbox visual cues, we are all use too seeing when we light someone up. Until that is ever touched and done the right way, it does not matter if there is 10000 bugs the game will never be comparable to the halo1 xbox experience. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Picked up OS and Camo on Wizard, dropped from power-up down to the floor by ramp side and died by the guardians as I melee'd.

xboxdvr.com/Teapot+Yo/5a0c7cd0-6b2f-4e6e-bc27-2b15de55984b

Random death from I guess phall damage even though I don't really drop in any elevation. Also ruined my streak :\

xboxdvr.com/Teapot+Yo/f287b202-9473-462e-a16c-571fde2c04fe

Playing Shadowrun on Priz - teammate spawned and bumped me through the map and I went down low

xboxdvr.com/Teapot+Yo/ebd44fe3-6202-4ee6-bcff-9266fb5097ba

Nading down camo on damny and it falls at like .5fps

xboxdvr.com/Teapot+Yo/e45ea263-4fc0-46e6-8b1c-bdf28eb27153

I might be able to replicate this one where I fall through the map. Crouch jumped accidentally into rocket ramp and had to go back around. By the time I reach the point on the ramp where my head hit I fall through the map, but in a different area of the map.

xboxdvr.com/Teapot+Yo/d372ae4b-fe49-4f81-8f43-e06c1a7a147a

Actually really pissed about this one. I wished I recognized where I was earlier and I wouldn't have fallen back. Instead of falling through the floor I get pushed up through the ceiling.

xboxdvr.com/Teapot+Yo/9188606c-a768-456c-9659-256d3c8e0593

Really nice clips Teapot.

Picked up OS and Camo on Wizard, dropped from power-up down to the floor by ramp side and died by the guardians as I melee'd.

xboxdvr.com/Teapot+Yo/5a0c7cd0-6b2f-4e6e-bc27-2b15de55984b

I might be able to replicate this one where I fall through the map. Crouch jumped accidentally into rocket ramp and had to go back around. By the time I reach the point on the ramp where my head hit I fall through the map, but in a different area of the map.

xboxdvr.com/Teapot+Yo/d372ae4b-fe49-4f81-8f43-e06c1a7a147a

In the first clip, it looks like Keith Flex landed a death melee on your back. There was probably a pretty big difference between what you saw and what he saw (especially on a matchmaking-chosen host from who-knows-where). Guardian-kill melees were possible on Xbox, but I'd love to see them fixed here.

That solo Chill Out fall is really interesting. I have a feeling it's only possible offhost, so I'd recommend finding someone far away to host if you try replicating it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Really nice clips Teapot.

In the first clip, it looks like Keith Flex landed a death melee on your back. There was probably a pretty big difference between what you saw and what he saw (especially on a matchmaking-chosen host from who-knows-where). Guardian-kill melees were possible on Xbox, but I'd love to see them fixed here.

That solo Chill Out fall is really interesting. I have a feeling it's only possible offhost, so I'd recommend finding someone far away to host if you try replicating it.

Thanks. I couldn't tell if that was fall damage or what but I am sensing a pattern. Most of the times I'm killed by guardians it's in random close range encounters, and seeing other clips leads me to believe it is related to melees. As someone who doesn't understand netcode and how to deal with latency, it truly baffles me seeing these level of bugs pop up. A lot of other games I've played have bugs, but they're visible, directly related to something, or make sense.

I'm gonna see if I can replicate that tonight if possible. Sometimes it's really hard for me to tell if a teammate spawn bumped me out.

Did you see that last Chill out one? I've fell through the maps but I've never got bumped upwards through the ceiling before.

You know dam well once christmas passes they wont touch the game anymore.

Not true. They're not gonna give up that easily.

possibly the best thing anyone has said in this thread so far.

as for the chill out ceiling walk... you definitely could have had some fun up there. i've been up there before but i put a teleporter on the ceiling using sparkedit (for the record, the added teleporter would break the game on xbc, so no, i never hacked while playing online).

wall/floor-slips are seemingly going up in frequency (or at least the count is increasing at a steady enough rate to make it seem that way. enough people are playing and capping all these events.) so i'll raise the priority of that.

also, when i get the chance, i'm going to give you all the ability to add your own examples of a particular bug, without having to submit a new one. this should help de-clutter. also, with the growing number of clips demonstrating each bug (thanks again to everyone submitting), i'll probably either shrink the video player size or revert to hyperlinks for the additionals... the site is taking a long time to load on my moderately fast internet and superfast computer, and it's getting irritating.

i've got a lot going on right now with work so site-fixes and updates will be slow, but rest assured, i'm the type to never feel like a project is perfect/complete, so it will keep improving slowly. keep submitting!

@@Hasuku CE, i cleaned up some things and did a few test-submissions on my end. any luck? what browser are you using? if chrome or firefox, please press F-12, go to Console, attempt to submit a bug, and PM me with all the stuff you see in the console. if it's still failing, PM we and we'll hook up with an instant messenger so we can sort it out real time.

Can somebody confirm if this is happening to them as well: if you have empty rockets and pick up fresh rockets it only gives you 2 shots instead of 4.

Can somebody confirm if this is happening to them as well: if you have empty rockets and pick up fresh rockets it only gives you 2 shots instead of 4.

This is what happens on Xbox, too.

this happens on xbox and with every weapon. it takes away 1 clip.