chaosTheory

Dedicated website for tracking Halo CE gameplay issues in MCC

No they showed up on the rank leaderboard out of nowhere, and no one has seen them ever. With the community as small as it is, there's no way they did it legit. 

That's a shame if they did it without matching any high level players. I wish this game had a real stats website so we wouldn't have to guess :(

For what it's worth, one was added to the leaderboard on September 12 at level 39, and the other was added September 14 at 46.

https://i.imgur.com/ykYu6dN.png

Edit: and the blue guy in this August 29 clip is a 15 now xboxdvr.com/Ensomnic/57fcdc6e-2440-484d-982f-15fcfd2a18b2

could it be that they changed their XBL names which makes it look like they climbed ranks instantly?

They were playing on those tags for a long time, but didn't get added to the leaderboard until recently (Waypoint doesn't show enough data to find players automatically, so players have to add themselves).

From what I've seen and heard, it seems they just didn't run into the very top players (coincidentally or not).

Is it possible they set up their routers to only allow a connection to a certain ip address, one that they controlled? Because that clip is of 2 guys not playing obviously.

Is it possible they set up their routers to only allow a connection to a certain ip address, one that they controlled? Because that clip is of 2 guys not playing obviously.

thats what i guess is what they did, seeing that one xbox-clip mintograde linked above where the guy is shooting an AFK player on derelict with pretty low/medium accuracy makes this plausible (nothing like rank 40-50 aim accuracy is what i mean)

actually thats the only thing i can think off since XBL blocking no longer works in ranked games

and when blocking IPs via software/router the XBL system still connects you to those players but the session just doesnt come together, which means youll literally waste hours of hours in matchmaking until you get a pair of IPs you havent blocked (seeing them being 40+ ranked thus primarily rooted to really good players that they block and just rarely are connected to weak players in the 20+ region)

Is kill penalty still on in matchmaking? (more kills = slower movement)

I found some old clips of jumps at full speed. Some of the jumps in the second video are still possible with slow movement, but some are not.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is kill penalty still on in matchmaking? (more kills = slower movement)

I found some old clips of jumps at full speed. Some of the jumps in the second video are still possible with slow movement, but some are not.

There's been no mention of it in any of the matchmaking updates, I wouldn't doubt it was overlooked.

Next update to launch in the next weeks, last chance to tweet them bugs that definitely need to be solved guys

All I want is for Halo 1 in MCC to look, sound, and play just like it did in 2001, but with good netcode.

If that means 480p/30, completely breaking the rest of the collection, and costing Microsoft millions, so be it.

tumblr_m8n64wf9fc1qdr5ezo1_500.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 5

MCC is never going to play like original Halo 1. Only way to do that would be to make it play basically like XBC which 343i is never going to allow. All MCC should be to H1 players is a way to keep your mental game fresh for LANing. 

Only way to do that would be to make it play basically like XBC which 343i is never going to allow.

And for good reason - XBC has ridiculous input lag at high pings.

There's also Kaillera, but that would cause the game to stutter at high pings.

No. Forget that Halo PC ever existed, and code some REAL f'n netcode from. scratch.

• Upvote (+1) 2

And for good reason - XBC has ridiculous input lag at high pings.

I mean it does, but its the same on mcc right now it's just hidden. And it would definitely play better on -50ping then mcc currently does, and it could be playable on lan. 

but yeah, whatever they have now needs to be put in the garbage. start all over

• Upvote (+1) 1

MCC is never going to play like original Halo 1. Only way to do that would be to make it play basically like XBC which 343i is never going to allow. All MCC should be to H1 players is a way to keep your mental game fresh for LANing.

So your saying no one has the technology to make a 15 year old game play better online than how it was 15 years ago on XBC? I doubt it. If anything, the technology is available for more optimized packet sending enabling online play to almost feel like lan. The problem is that 343 needs to stop outsourcing games like MCC to 3rd party companies consisting of mainly interns, and start actually using the technology to make halo CE feel like LAN over Xbox live.

• Upvote (+1) 3

id pay full price for a perfectly ported Xbox One CE with 1080p 60fps running on dedicated servers

who am i kidding, id even pay double or triple the price lol

• Upvote (+1) 6

id pay full price for a perfectly ported Xbox One CE with 1080p 60fps running on dedicated servers

Wouldn't we all?

There is no one to LAN CE with in my area. I'm stuck playing MCC or forcing my roommates to play CE.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That would require Bravo actually listening to the community and then relaying to Frankie what the community wants.

I really want to know who told Frankie that it was a good idea to outsource the game to a 3rd party software developer?

• Upvote (+1) 1

So your saying no one has the technology to make a 15 year old game play better online than how it was 15 years ago on XBC? I doubt it. If anything, the technology is available for more optimized packet sending enabling online play to almost feel like lan. The problem is that 343 needs to stop outsourcing games like MCC to 3rd party companies consisting of mainly interns, and start actually using the technology to make halo CE feel like LAN over Xbox live.

I guess what I'm saying is, if you want to play OG H1, play OG H1. This MCC is never going to play remotely close to it. They are moving on to Halo 5 and MCC will receive another update or two. Hopefully it fixes the more egregious bugs and errors in H1 but what it will not do is change the game from a terrible PC port to the original shooting takes skill Halo 1. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone been having a lot more bugs these past few days or am I just unlucky? I've fallen into Chill out 3 times...and I'm not even going to force myself to count the amount of fake rockets I've shot. 

Is this just placebo, or have they done something to H1 hit registration/netcode?

I played two games before going to bed (1 am here in EU), and both were pretty good experiences. Best games on MCC in a long time for me. Obviously a good sample size to draw any conclusions, though. What are your H1 experiences?

Nope. Played 2 games. First one loaded up me and partner with no enemies. 2nd game worked; Still bad/weird almost hit scan. Back to never playing for me.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Nope. Played 2 games. First one loaded up me and partner with no enemies. 2nd game worked; Still bad/weird almost hit scan. Back to never playing for me.

Hahaha yea I played 1 game and immediately saw no difference. The last hope was a bust.
  • Upvote (+1) 1