chaosTheory

Dedicated website for tracking Halo CE gameplay issues in MCC

i guess rockets did have magnetism originally (i wouldn't have guessed)

Doesn't magnetism in this case refer to the sticky reticle behavior? The autoaim values would cause the rocket to veer.

been talking with phorce about this for probably two months now. to put it simply, we've noticed that just his presence in the game seems to make his teammate have a horrible time, even when he's not involved in a gunfight. we didn't want to believe it, but i'm glad you mentioned it here, thanks. i will formulate a best-guess explanation to send to 343.

in the mean time, do you think you could somehow capture your findings? run a custom with some people across the pond and record maybe 3 minutes or so per host, possibly demonstrating the differences? that would be very helpful.

here is the video, i hope it helps to demonstrate the issue

• Upvote (+1) 5

Doesn't magnetism in this case refer to the sticky reticle behavior? The autoaim values would cause the rocket to veer.

i've never been certain. i managed to explain it to myself both ways convincingly. either way, the values are different, and might be part of the problem?

In addition to what Beam has found, I can say for certain that even being a solo player, depending on who else is in the game it is going to impact your ability to tsk, or at least these are my findings when utilizing a connection so fast that it exceeds the max handling capacity of the xbox. 

Host is no problem when solo.  TSK all day.

Solution?  Simply block these players with shit connections who eat bullets.

A speedtest.net result shows 850 mbps upload/ 250 mbps upload at 10ms ping to Chicago Server central when testing the connection on a laptop. Running the test on the xbox under advanced network will come back with 273 download and 77 ms ping.  All hardwired connections.

The main take way is that the intern who is working at the company 343 outsourced the project to simply isn't experienced enough to know how to make the hit registration work properly. 

The only thing we are interested in hearing from Bravo is when the dedicated servers will be running for all games at all times and consistent shot registration for all players involved such that everything is on an even playing field.  If a connection can't handle it, penalize the piss poor connection. No one cares if the PC version was originally made to support 56k connections.  Overhaul the whole damn networking code if need be so that the game works as it should instead of putting a Band-Aid over it LOL!

• Upvote (+1) 2

overall i only see one solution which is to drop that stupid "hitscan - bullet magnetism" they introduced after the "no bullet magnetism patch"

what we need is projectile based game again, even if that means each game has its own amount of lead (because of different ping to host each game)

id rather spent 1-2 minutes in each game finding the lead than seeing my shots go everywhere because of the bullet magnetism redirecting my shots

A speedtest.net result shows 850 mbps upload/ 250 mbps upload at 10ms ping to Chicago Server central when testing the connection on a laptop. Running the test on the xbox under advanced network will come back with 273 download and 77 ms ping.  All hardwired connections.

a Xbox speedtest will always use the Seattle XBL server, maybe that helps to explain the drop in speed and the higher ping

• Upvote (+1) 2

here is the video, i hope it helps to demonstrate the issue

the fact that those are 3 shots saddens me

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I played a game today and I plasma rifled a camo guy and it didn't uncamo him. his shields just flashed.

would like to post a video. it said clip recorded but it won't show up on my profile

edit: only took 4 hours xboxdvr.com/Oh+for/4e484ec4-04fc-477c-a356-7ed8ea8478bc

I don't get it, whats your problem? He you shot him and he even died, thats much more than I'd expect from this game..remember, we're talking about the MCC here :kappa:

I'm guessing we're not getting another patch any more?

I don't get it, whats your problem? He you shot him and he even died, thats much more than I'd expect from this game..remember, we're talking about the MCC here :kappa:

I'm guessing we're not getting another patch any more?

Played a game the other day. Dammy was chose. Some how battle creak loads up. The whole map was white. Only texture on map was inside the bases. And all players were affected lol. Wtf?

Unfortunately I think a lot of people are giving up on it. Im only a 25 and the nights I play it I keep getting the same 3 teams all night (all people in the 30s or 40s). A month ago most nights I wouldn't play the same team in an entire night. I wish people would start playing 2v2 customs series at night again, a lot more people played consistently then.

Unfortunately I think a lot of people are giving up on it. Im only a 25 and the nights I play it I keep getting the same 3 teams all night (all people in the 30s or 40s). A month ago most nights I wouldn't play the same team in an entire night. I wish people would start playing 2v2 customs series at night again, a lot more people played consistently then.

I hear you Holbry, I gave up on MCC more than a month ago. I got tried of dealing with the inconsistent hit reg in H1, and all people intentionally lagging their connections to gain an advantage. Despite 343's continued display of incompetence, I was holding out hope that they would somehow "fix" the game with more patches. However, I can't even remember the last time 343 patched MCC, and it became painfully obvious to me that they will soon stop supporting MCC.

I have no interest in the Halo/Cod amalgamation known as Halo 5, so I am hoping that Star Wars: Battlefront will be fun. 

The next patch is most likely the last patch ever, so we should really harp on 343 to fix this shit or we're going to be stuck with bullet redirect forever.

i also havent played for weeks now, just cannot deal with the random bullet magnetism and general lack of lead, no fun at all

@beamimpact, really nice video, thanks for making it. i'll be sure the appropriate people see it. things have been way too quiet lately :(

thanks, i hope it changes something

i actually asked a few friends to twitter the video to bravo so the devs can realize that theres no lead in CE anymore but its a (not working) hitscan game now

CE needs bullet lead, this might be the last chance to get something going since i doubt well get another content update after the next one

If it has to be hitscan to be consistant then do that all I want is consistant gameplay from one game to the next. 50% games feel perfect, 20% feel like I get too much bullet correction and 30% feel like I get almost no asistance at all and bullets are actually being redirected away from the target.

Define perfect.

Perfect means game is smooth as butter bullets hit exactly when I think they are going to, rockets kill people when they should, and no one is twitching/skipping. I am realistic and realize that my example of perfect does not equal orginal....but half my games are completely acceptable to me. The problem lies in the other half of my games and last 2 nights I keep getting the same laggy people 2 to 3 games in a row and just quit early and go to bed. If they would just make ping and lag a disadvantage it would solve majority of the bs. I truly think some people are making the game lag on purpose.

Perfect means game is smooth as butter bullets hit exactly when I think they are going to, rockets kill people when they should, and no one is twitching/skipping. I am realistic and realize that my example of perfect does not equal orginal....but half my games are completely acceptable to me. The problem lies in the other half of my games and last 2 nights I keep getting the same laggy people 2 to 3 games in a row and just quit early and go to bed. If they would just make ping and lag a disadvantage it would solve majority of the bs. I truly think some people are making the game lag on purpose.

Will dedicated servers come along with the next patch? If not, I don't see how "perfection" is attainable. I traded this game in after it started rewarding players with bad connections.

did you slap them

No they showed up on the rank leaderboard out of nowhere, and no one has seen them ever. With the community as small as it is, there's no way they did it legit.