chaosTheory

Dedicated website for tracking Halo CE gameplay issues in MCC

is this a known bug?

got stuck half way in the ground by throwing a grenade, only throwing a second grenade did stop this

is this a known bug?

got stuck half way in the ground by throwing a grenade, only throwing a second grenade did stop this

happened to me 4 patches ago but I didn't report it/check. 

also if you had rockets that would have been a goat spot. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

maybe the magnetism pulled the bullet into the playermodel middle

see mintogrades sniper videos on chillout on something like page 45 or so

or just see http://www.halobugs.com/#?b=124

is this a known bug?

it's been known, but i never capped it. thanks, i've added it to the list (http://www.halobugs.com/#?b=153)

I've recently been hearing weapon switches and shots next to me when nobody's there. Anybody else? I keep forgetting to save the clips.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I've recently been hearing weapon switches and shots next to me when nobody's there. Anybody else? I keep forgetting to save the clips.

I swore that I have been hearing the same thing, but I asked people that I play with and they didn't seem to be having the same issues, so I started to wonder if I was going crazy. I'll try to record some of this weird audio stuff as well.

Yep. I've made a few false call outs and hurled some bad guess rockets based on this little glitch. 

Ok makes sense now. I thought I was nutso hearing people spawn only to find no one there.

the audio definitely got fucked up. I never play with headphones, but I decided to check it out. I could hear a plasma nade sizzling right next to me, but it was actually clear across the level in another room

just one example, basically every sound was wrong through the entire game though

alsoooo

never happened before, but at one point I just started joining every single game 20 seconds late. boo

never happened before, but at one point I just started joining every single game 20 seconds late. boo

This just started happening to me on Sunday. Some people were saying this is caused by having two accounts signed in on the same box and signing out of one will fix the issue. RIP two box. 

I check this thread periodically since I don't own an X1, in hopes of reading about nice changes/fixes that are being made. Usually it just gets more depressing though.

I did notice a few nice changes when I played last week from the last time I played (probably a month ago): they moved the portal on the broken bridge in CO back into the tunnel, and they reverted to 4 grenades for 2v2. The grenade change is extremely welcomed.

I check this thread periodically since I don't own an X1, in hopes of reading about nice changes/fixes that are being made. Usually it just gets more depressing though.

I did notice a few nice changes when I played last week from the last time I played (probably a month ago): they moved the portal on the broken bridge in CO back into the tunnel, and they reverted to 4 grenades for 2v2. The grenade change is extremely welcomed.

you wont read much positive things in this topic about the status of the game

best way is to just give the game a go and test it out by your own

imo the game is pretty good now compared to launch, still a lot of room for improvement but overall playable, especially since ranks are out

• Upvote (+1) 2

The game feels really good for the most part now. They mostly need to keep improving hit registration and phantom grenades and phantom backpack reloads. Mostly networking. Also classic sounds would be nice...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh snap, ranks are out for CE now? How's the population and competition on the 2v2 playlist?

Oh snap, ranks are out for CE now? How's the population and competition on the 2v2 playlist?

Population counters don't exist sooo.

I have a recurring issue where I cannot shoot Rockets or the Pistol as fast as I should be able to.  It's most noticeable with Rockets, where sometimes I'm not able to shoot for more than a second.  It also happens regularly with the Pistol, where there's a slight forced delay in shooting.  It doesn't seem to be a delayed reaction though (it's not like I pull the trigger and my gun fires a second later).  I pull the trigger, and nothing happens.  If I don't pull the trigger again, my gun won't fire.

The issue seems to be much more prevalent with the Pistol (though that could just be because I use it so much more than the Rockets).  There are games where it happens 80% of the time with the Pistol.  Sometimes it can be like that for several games in a row.  Other times it will only happen once per game or once every few games.

It doesn't seem to be related to connection quality. 

Also, this doesn't ever happen on the first shot.  It always occurs on the 2nd shot with Rockets, or when I'm shooting consecutive shots with the Pistol.

^could just be input lag. halo pc will make it so things appear as if you were host, even tho the actions don't occur until later (w/e your ping is).

^could just be input lag. halo pc will make it so things appear as if you were host, even tho the actions don't occur until later (w/e your ping is).

So essentially, as far as the game is concerned my initial shot is happening later than what it seems to be on my end, so when I'm pulling the trigger for the second shot, the game is still registering the first shot.  Therefore, my second shot doesn't actually register...  Makes sense I guess. 

I didn't see it on the site and I can't seem to be able to register to log a bug on my ipad, but I noticed a little while ago that it is not possible to reload while in a vehicle. In OG you had to hold the action button to enter/exit and tap to reload, but in MCC everything registers as a tap so you always exit.

Also the ghost sound is way too subdued, you can hardly hear it at all.

sounds like he's talking about a glitch that no longer works.

I think he's just remembering it wrong.  OG's action button was always a tap, not a press and hold.  Passengers hop out if they try to reload.

sounds like he's talking about a glitch that no longer works.

I think he's just remembering it wrong.  OG's action button was always a tap, not a press and hold.  Passengers hop out if they try to reload.

Very possibly not remembering properly. I'm either thinking of how you hold to swap a weapon but can tap to reload while standing over another weapon without picking it up, or I'm remembering from the PC version where enter/exit vehicle and reload are mapped to different keys.

That being said, it's probably a good thing that it's no longer possible to reload the turret on the rocket hog, because that thing is OP as fuck.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I didn't see it on the site and I can't seem to be able to register to log a bug on my ipad, but I noticed a little while ago that it is not possible to reload while in a vehicle. In OG you had to hold the action button to enter/exit and tap to reload, but in MCC everything registers as a tap so you always exit.

Also the ghost sound is way too subdued, you can hardly hear it at all.

i don't own a single apple product, but my company is issuing each pilot an ipad mini as part of our electronic flight bag in a couple days. hopefully they won't be locked out of basic web browsing and i'll be able to run some tests to fix that for ya.

what's not working for you? i've had trouble in the past with apple products not registering click/tap events, but i thought i took care of it. i've added some "touch" listeners to the register buttons to see if that helps. let me know.