chaosTheory

Dedicated website for tracking Halo CE gameplay issues in MCC

H1 on 360 is a nightmare for fps and lag spikes.

Yeah, we've tried it way too much. I need to just invest in some discs, OG boxes and controllers.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So is aiming back to how it exactly was? I never played in the past week so I didnt get to experience the hard aiming. I played one game today but it doesnt feel exactly the same as before.

Nah it's not the exact same... feels a bit harder... I think they reverted magnetism but lag compensation acts differently. I think I kinda jumped the gun a bit. Just played a bunch with good players (thank you based Ranks!) and most battles felt pretty close to OG imo...

Nah it's not the exact same... feels a bit harder... I think they reverted magnetism but lag compensation acts differently. I think I kinda jumped the gun a bit. Just played a bunch with good players (thank you based Ranks!) and most battles felt pretty close to OG imo...

Yes maybe when host/low ping.... Do the test when you have high ping.

Yes maybe when host/low ping.... Do the test when you have high ping.

Comparing LAN OG to MCC over XBL is a fail. Never going to be the same. 

Better than before, IMO.

Its never going to feel exactly like OG CE.  XBL is just...different.  It used to be LAN only, or XBC online.  XBC lag and XBL lag are just completely different, so you can't really compare the two, and comparing it to LAN is impossible online.

So yes, its definitely not the same as OG CE, but the update has made it feel close enough that I'm okay with it at this point.

Could you always hear the other team in Matchmaking? Greg and I got matched up against a guy who was winning but SOOOO UPSET the entire time. It was a lot of fun messing with this guy but that's the only game I played where both teams can hear each other throughout the entire game.

Could you always hear the other team in Matchmaking?

Yes, you can hear anyone who's using game chat.  It's an audio setting in the game, and I believe it's set to allow you to hear everyone by default.  You can also set it so that you can only hear people on your team.  The reason many people haven't noticed is because the game chat wasn't really working until recently.

Yes, you can hear anyone who's using game chat.  It's an audio setting in the game, and I believe it's set to allow you to hear everyone by default.  You can also set it so that you can only hear people on your team.  The reason many people haven't noticed is because the game chat wasn't really working until recently.

Cool, thanks! I haven't really played until recently, but even still I've played like 20 games and that was the first time.

Cool, thanks! I haven't really played until recently, but even still I've played like 20 games and that was the first time.

Not sure why hearing the other team is even an option in the first place

• Upvote (+1) 4

They have to have it turned on too. If no one on the other team has it turned on you wont hear anyone having yours turned on. At least that is how it worked last time mine was on around 5 months ago.

• Upvote (+1) 1

heard the other team a few days ago too, for the first time. kids in prisoner had comments almost every time they died.

"oh yeah right he did that."

"fuck this kid"

"no way this kid knew i was there"

"he throws a perfect grenade, okay"

i mean... i'm not gonna say i never do it. it was just funny to hear.

@@Teapot, i think it's actually a bug, because i was playing with nexy at the time, and he couldn't hear the other team, so it's not like they had the game chat set to "Everyone" or whatever it is. maybe something changed in this patch? further "improvements" by 343 intermittently breaks other things? would be par for the course if you ask me. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

New pistol is much improved, IMO, sniper as well.  Seems to be harder than pre-patch, but easier than pre-hotfix.  Closest yet to OG, IMO.  There still are some issues and inconsistencies though, with pistol and sniper.  For example, how does shooting this fool directly in the nose not register as a headshot...? 

http://imgur.com/Pik81Ay

Maybe this is a host/client communication conflict issue, and his shields popped on my screen but according to host I missed him?  Lag was not bad at all this game, grenades and rockets were coming out fine...

No one told 343 to revert back to the easier shot lol.  What they WERE told to do was to make it play like OG regardless if you are host, off host, on a dedicated server... don't give a fuck.  I'm not interested in how it get's fixed, I just want it fixed.   

And about this ranked playlist.... I just started playing again and I'm a rank 10 after 12 games.... still getting matched up with all level 1s....

If you are going to take 8 months to implement something...at least do it right lol!

Oh well, back to playing other games until they fix this next year.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No one told 343 to revert back to the easier shot lol.  What they WERE told to do was to make it play like OG regardless if you are host, off host, on a dedicated server... don't give a fuck.  I'm not interested in how it get's fixed, I just want it fixed.   

And about this ranked playlist.... I just started playing again and I'm a rank 10 after 12 games.... still getting matched up with all level 1s....

If you are going to take 8 months to implement something...at least do it right.

You will get matched within 10 of your rank. This emulates Halo 2's ranking system.

Player population is too small to not have +/- 10 rank variance.

You will get matched within 10 of your rank. This emulates Halo 2's ranking system.

Player population is too small to not have +/- 10 rank variance.

played the playlist for the first time today and am now something like rank 12 or so

it takes a huge time now to find opponents, and if you were to find some its in most cases the same people you played in the game before

imo thats boring, sure the matches are thrilling but wating 5-10 minutes aint my thing, im short on gaming time and dont want to waste time in the matchmaking search

imo if an opponent hasnt been found after 1 minute then the rank gap should be expanded by +/-1 rank with every 10 seconds

how else do you want to find players once you are rank 40 or higher in the CE playlist?!

do you want to wait for when those other 5 people worldwide to come online that do have a rank between 30-50?

said it several times before, CE doesnt have the playerbase to make use out of 50 ranks

if continuous increasing of the rank-gap doesnt come then maybe capping the ranks somewhere between 20 and 30 would help

heard the other team a few days ago too, for the first time. kids in prisoner had comments almost every time they died.

"oh yeah right he did that."

"fuck this kid"

"no way this kid knew i was there"

"he throws a perfect grenade, okay"

i mean... i'm not gonna say i never do it. it was just funny to hear.

@@Teapot, i think it's actually a bug, because i was playing with nexy at the time, and he couldn't hear the other team, so it's not like they had the game chat set to "Everyone" or whatever it is. maybe something changed in this patch? further "improvements" by 343 intermittently breaks other things? would be par for the course if you ask me. 

Yeah there's been a lot of inconsistencies with this so far. I'd rather not hear the other team or have them hear me if I was real serious and trying my heart out. I tend to call out a lot to my teammate what I'm going to do so it's bad, but LOVE hearing the other team get upset. @@Old Greg and I were playing and were losing by a bit on CO when this guy just gets all upset at us and starts talking shit because we use the sniper.

We didn't even match up with a 4th when I see a 3rd enter matchmaking. His clan tag is UNSC so I said oh man I don't know why but I never have faith in the UNSC clan tag. He switched on his mic and started talking to us (was cool about it) but we weren't even fully connected and I could already talk to the dude.

Funny how back in the gamespy and XBC days, you never really had an issue with people being so much worse that you that the game wasn't enjoyable.  You just hosted the game and no one ever quit.  Same with halo 2 rank... if you were a 40 or 45+ you still found games against others your level.

Fast forward to current generation of gamers... the problem isn't the rank system... it's the lack of skill being exhibited by the new, softer generation of "no child left behind" philosophy.

There's no motivation for them to get good.  They'd rather quit out of 10 games in a row until they find someone who sucks just as bad as they do then to actually watch some vids on youtube on how to properly play a game.

These kids are used to easy kills in CoD style games and halo 4.    Put them in a game of Halo CE that actually has a skill gap and they get dominated and will never get much better, if at all because of the mentality that they have.

Ogre 2 and Snippy were on the same team streaming last night and started new accounts starting from rank 1 and playing well past 3am EST.  I think they quit around rank 15 because they couldn't find any games.  The comments in that stream were laughable like:

why is ogre 2 playing halo CE?

why do the graphics of this game suck?

why aren't they sprinting

why does he throw nades at spots where no one is there?

why does he keep twitching his controller in a circle?

wow they make it look so easy

no wonder why they are so eager to play a game like halo 5 LOL

• Upvote (+1) 6

New pistol is much improved, IMO, sniper as well.  Seems to be harder than pre-patch, but easier than pre-hotfix.  Closest yet to OG, IMO.  There still are some issues and inconsistencies though, with pistol and sniper.  For example, how does shooting this fool directly in the nose not register as a headshot...? 

Maybe this is a host/client communication conflict issue, and his shields popped on my screen but according to host I missed him?  Lag was not bad at all this game, grenades and rockets were coming out fine...

Looks like the game had your snipe on his left shoulder.  I Shadowplay'd your gif and slow motioned it.  CE on MCC does that sometimes...makes you miss for no reason.

#JustAsYouRememberIt

maybe the magnetism pulled the bullet into the playermodel middle

see mintogrades sniper videos on chillout on something like page 45 or so