chaosTheory

Dedicated website for tracking Halo CE gameplay issues in MCC

don't we all want the same thing? unmolested halo 1. what's causing this huge difference of opinion among us? i don't get it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

don't we all want the same thing? unmolested halo 1. what's causing this huge difference of opinion among us? i don't get it.

Too easy shooting drasticly changes the flow of the game and makes it not feel like Halo 1. When you have everyone and their brother playing with the super agressive playstyle that only very few people such as harris, legend, Jownz, and few others could pull off in og its not really fun. It makes you have to learn to play that way too or get raped by people that do. The slower more passive smart playstlye feels worthless in MCC even though it works just fine in og.

Correct. The only difference in opinion is because each patch brings with it a different shooting style. Noobs seem to enjoy hitting 15 tsk's a game and having a sniper that doesn't even require leading. Some of us are trying to argue that the last patch without bullet mag, even though it's far from OG shooting, created a playing environment that much more appropriately rewards positioning and strategy, which is what OG shooting creates. Where as easy mode shooting completely changes the way the game plays in a way that does so much harm to the thinking man's FPS that H1 is supposed to be. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

One problem I have is when I watch pink hallway from top PR in chillout with rockets somebody will go around corner with sniper and headshot me and my rocket will act like it fires but it doesn't. So now that guy has camo rocks and control of the map. All my years of lan and even in 100 ping xbc the rocket always fires and kills the guy even if he does get a lucky headshot on me.

An new issue with rockets this patch is it is near impossible to hit someone above you on a skinny ledge (like top powerup on hh) with rockets. Last night so many shots that I lined up to hit the ledge just shot off to the ceiling, I guess magnetism is changing the path of the rockets. They are supposed to fire straight where you aim with zero magnetism.

• Upvote (+1) 1

yeah, path correction is affecting pistol and snipe also, which is a big problem. i wasn't saying they fixed the game, i just don't think zero magnetism was a step in the right direction. yeah they made it harder, which it needed (and now needs again) but they did it the wrong way.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I totally get the argument that someone could feel like the no magnetism more accurately reflects the "spirit" of h1.

From my perspective though, and many of my friends, if it's not close enough to OG I'd rather just not play anything. To me, no mag and easy 3sy are both nowhere near enough fun for me to invest any time, and arguing in favor of one or the other seems pointless because they're both so bad.

To me, OG is so good that it's the ONLY thing I'm willing to waste days of my life on. Playing shitty halo just feels like a waste.

• Upvote (+1) 4

that's what i've been trying to say. zero mag and too much mag for high pingers are both unacceptable. the game hasn't been properly emulated yet, so telling 343 they did a good job by removing magnetism is the most ass-backwards thing i've ever heard. i get it, the flow was partially restored, but at the expense of hilariously stupid looking shooting and empty pistol clips. i've never been that bad at halo that i run completely out of pistol ammo frequently.

• Upvote (+1) 1

that's what i've been trying to say. zero mag and too much mag for high pingers are both unacceptable. the game hasn't been properly emulated yet, so telling 343 they did a good job by removing magnetism is the most ass-backwards thing i've ever heard. i get it, the flow was partially restored, but at the expense of hilariously stupid looking shooting and empty pistol clips. i've never been that bad at halo that i run completely out of pistol ammo frequently.

I have  :kappa:

If they can just get it somewhere in between the last two versions of this game...that would at least be interesting to see.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just lanned OG. My god the framerate was horrible.

Other than that it was sexxxxxxxxxxx. Rockets are like warheads, the pistol fights were much longer, camo was the scariest thing on the map, my sniper wasn't a instant multikill, etc etc etc. What a unique experience. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just lanned OG. My god the framerate was horrible.

Other than that it was sexxxxxxxxxxx. Rockets are like warheads, the pistol fights were much longer, camo was the scariest thing on the map, my sniper wasn't a instant multikill, etc etc etc. What a unique experience. 

camo is even scarier on mcc tho

• Upvote (+1) 3

I just can't get behind zero magnetism, the spread just fucks the pistol at longer ranges and I really don't like it.  Does anyone else find themselves forced to pace shots to prevent the spread from increasing at times?  I remember someone posted how you needed to manually pace your shots with the Xbone controller because it works differently.

Lets not forget sniping is easy as fuck too. Sniping with no magnetism was interesting... it didn't feel exactly right but it wasn't bad either. On OG you lead snipes just a little bit off host but on mcc no mag it kinda felt like a really precise hitscan

• Upvote (+1) 1

camo is even scarier on mcc tho

We were playing 3v3 on a 20" monitor with 2.5" letterbox on left and right. But still, it was the 360 and on LCD. The guy was absolutely impossible to see each and every time. 

I see camo perfectly on MCC. I just don't understand you people, lol.

get the fuck out.

On OG (hangem) you can see people jump on the dunes, red pistol, or top powerup from top open ramp. on mcc i don't even think they show up if you 10x zoom with a snipe. They're just invisible.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

get the fuck out.

On OG (hangem) you can see people jump on the dunes, red pistol, or top powerup from top open ramp. on mcc i don't even think they show up if you 10x zoom with a snipe. They're just invisible.  

Is there a comparison video out there somewhere by @@Missingno ? I feel liek this should be a thing.

We were playing 3v3 on a 20" monitor with 2.5" letterbox on left and right. But still, it was the 360 and on LCD. The guy was absolutely impossible to see each and every time. 

Disc or emulated? Of course the more players on the screen the more issues you'll run into with framing, but when my OG box broke in 07 I played a ton of XBC using the 360 and Halo 1 from games on demand. It wasn't often but I still noticed plenty of hiccups using it as opposed to OG Xbox.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Disc or emulated? Of course the more players on the screen the more issues you'll run into with framing, but when my OG box broke in 07 I played a ton of XBC using the 360 and Halo 1 from games on demand. It wasn't often but I still noticed plenty of hiccups using it as opposed to OG Xbox.

360 by far has more framerate issues in my experience.

360 by far has more framerate issues in my experience.

same. unplayable IMO

also, to me, MCC camo seems similar to og in terms of distance to true-invisible. with how totally crappy it was at launch, i can't really ask for more. it's a fine art getting that to represent og at all using halo PC's horrible shaders and modern 1080p clarity.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is there a comparison video out there somewhere by @@Missingno ? I feel liek this should be a thing.

I probably will not do any videos with MCC.  Not my cup of tea, but I think Chump maybe did the really nice bullet magnetism comparison vid.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i've never been that bad at halo that i run completely out of pistol ammo frequently.

If you don't occasionally run out on hangem or pris you ain't shooting enough

i do run out on hang em every once in a while. the problem is, i was running out all the time. in damnation, pris, chill out... didn't matter. to me, that's a good enough indicator that something is askew.

on a separate note, there are still a bunch of registration issues. and bullets are curving and getting intercepted by walls A LOT for pistol. snipe too. i even had a rocket curve up after it was airborne, blatantly.

all these discrepancies are 100% connection-dependent. my job literally IS travel so sometimes i bring my box and play from hotels... i see all sorts of different shit depending on my connection. 

sad that they can't get this right. some aspects i understand... lag compensation with pings that vary by the second has to be difficult. but curving rockets? wall-intercepted bullets?  ping-dependent magnetism? why does that stuff happen? really frustrating.