chaosTheory

Dedicated website for tracking Halo CE gameplay issues in MCC

It's definitely faster to get a kill with the AR than it was before. You can tell in AR vs AR battle. It's just that we hardly used the AR that much to notice the difference.

I was out of town for some time but I had the same feeling during my games last week!

Could it be that they just changed something about the hit detection so the game registers more bullets than before the update?

i'm betting everyone that loved this patch either has crap connections or is referring to the games where their ping sucked ass. hosting has been a load of shit on the past two patches, probably longer but my memory is hazy.

there's nothing fun about zero magnetism, glad you're finally feeling it.

neither of those things apply to me and I am enjoying this patch more than any other one. hosting isn't even that bad, still unsure why everyone says that. I seriously feel not that much of a change on/off host.

• Upvote (+1) 1

neither of those things apply to me and I am enjoying this patch more than any other one. hosting isn't even that bad, still unsure why everyone says that. I seriously feel not that much of a change on/off host.

When you zoom in your pistol off host you dont notice how it kind of locks on a little bit sn1py? On host at hh and pris feels awful to me, co dammy and dere don't feel too bad. But I can tell a huge difference between the two when I zoom in with pistol.

any word on time frime for megnatism "fix"?

None at all, just the usual "the team is working as hard as they can, will provide you with an ETA as soon as possible." tweets from Bravo.

When you zoom in your pistol off host you dont notice how it kind of locks on a little bit sn1py? On host at hh and pris feels awful to me, co dammy and dere don't feel too bad. But I can tell a huge difference between the two when I zoom in with pistol.

Just curious, but how does having host vs not having host make a difference specifically on the maps? I mean I can understand the difference of on host vs off host on each map, but what makes prisoner feel awful but co/damny and dere are all ok? Again I'm sure there's a noticeable difference playing HEH on host vs off host, but the rest I don't really understand. 

I think it feels this way because hh and pris are so dependent on your pistol, you spawn in the open and are forced to fight on spawn more then other maps. Pretty much what it comes down to is host pistol sucks and is at a pretty large disadvantage to off host pistol.

I think it feels this way because hh and pris are so dependent on your pistol, you spawn in the open and are forced to fight on spawn more then other maps. Pretty much what it comes down to is host pistol sucks and is at a pretty large disadvantage to off host pistol.

if only dedicated servers were all we played on....the fuckery

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ive always felt that it's the average range of the encounters that makes the maps 'feel' different. At HH, dere, and to an extent dammy youre usually fighting at long distances and therefore are already leading your reticle a significant amount. Accounting for the additional factor of being off host could be a matter of a few extra pixels. It's easy to see by how much you need to adjust by seeing the bullet sparks.

When the enemy is right in your face and strafing, the amount you need to lead off host becomes more exaggerated. When they change directions, leading on one side of their body to the opposite side is a much wider angle for your reticle to cover.

Additionally, on some maps the way they are actually designed can cause framerate issues. Especially Dammy on OG. It has to do with telling the game engine what sections of geometry it needs to be rendering at any given moment. Dammy isn't as efficient as the other maps, from what I understand.

edit: this is from OG perspective. I don't really know how maps play out on mcc

• Upvote (+1) 1

But specifically with this patch what makes hh and pris feel so bad on host is you are constantly using your pistol in these two maps. Snipers are not within easy grabbing range like on dammy and co. Also you spawn in the open and have to fight people pretty soon after you spawn, where with dammy and co you can spawn in a room by yourself giving you time to get a different weapon and prepare.

This sucks, getting 3'd by idiots across the map. I'd rather play the last patch than 3 shot easy mode 

Alright twitterers, now tell em to just eeeease it back the other way. niiice and slow

you fruitcakes are acting like three shot kills aren't supposed to happen. they're part of the game, remember? just because you never heard of KillerSniperBoy89 doesn't mean he can't aim, and just because you can three again doesn't mean they broke the game. THE ORIGNAL GAME HAD MAGNETISM YOU FUCKTARDS. you used to get TSKs. if you got three'd by a random in OG, you'd just say "well it's halo, and sometimes i get three'd" and then you'd try harder not to get three'd next time. stop being so goddamn negative. is the purpose of this thread not to restore the game to it's original state? because i thought it was.

what needs to be focused on and fixed?

curving bullets / wall interception. if you don't know what it is, here: http://www.halobugs.com/#?b=124

if you've never seen it or felt it, pay close attention to your snipes on host. it seems to be happening a little less with this patch, but still happens to snipe, and pistol too, according to relyx.

what else? on-host magnetism as compared to off-host magnetism. let's all run some games, pay attention to whether you're hosting (use the zoom sounds, even if it's not 100%) and analyze the differences.

if after a couple days of testing, the general consensus is that magnetism needs to be dialed back by 10% or 20%, then that's what we'll ask for. but stop saying scrubs shouldn't be threeing you, not everyone who can shoot has a name you recognize.

some of you really seem to be forgetting that three shot kills were a part of this game, and they do happen. they're SUPPOSED to happen when you shoot someone from their six.

let's not think about who should or shouldn't be threeing you, let's compare it to what halo 1 actually felt like. stop trying to make the game harder than what it was. if you're not here as a purist, kindly go play a different game.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 4

The problem is you get 3'd in absurdly unlikely situations all the time. In my opinion the greatest halo 1 players of all time don't shoot as well as every other guy you meet on mcc. I've played all the best players when they are HOT from 3 days straight of LAN and they never get 20 threes a game. It's just too easy right now.

• Upvote (+1) 6

My initial feel is they just reverted back to what it was before. Im not going to jump the gun though ill do my due diligence and test it out for a few nights first. Insidious im a halo purist and to me the game played closer to the orginal with the harder pistol. Strafing was back and was fun and sniping felt perfect it actually took skill like og did. Anyways gonna go play some more and try to form an educated opinion for this patch.

Right. We were all here arguing that we should never see tsk's. Not that we want OG shooting with actual shot leading based on player movement. Perfect points. Can't argue with any of that dribble.

• Upvote (+1) 3

screw that, i thought we could at least enjoy the no magnetism for an entire month

the average joes can give far too much 3-5sk in the current MCC CE then they could in the original CE where they needed like 6-12 shots

that has nothing to do with original CE anymore, even you need to admit that bullet magnetism is out of control

i respect your oppinion to get the game back into its original state, but on the other side there are also people like me who want the game to be the most competitive which can only be achieved by making it more difficult (in a reasonable manner, with very very low magnetism for example)

since the game wont reach a 100% original CE state anyhow, why not create an even more competitive game uppon the old CE basis?

unless CSGO, Quake or UT do make a next gen approach this might be the only real competitive shooter that this console will have

there are people with different taste, so please dont render your oppinion as the only valid one :)

I think the magnetism in the strictest sense of the word is correct. When nobody is moving the bullets curve the right amount.

I think the issue could be hitboxes based on what the no lead mod is doing? I dunno there's this post

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/7582-halo-1-mcc-needs-lag-compensation/?p=319196

where a guy describes how it works in other games. Since 343 has never really SAID what they do or change, we don't really know what we're working with. It's sad, because if they're in fact using a well known halo pc mod, then other people could help them work on a solution.

To add, I've personally never felt like the lead was enough on any patch. Compared to LAN you really don't need to lead THAT much. I wonder if it's possible in the lag compensation model to simulate everyone having 5 or 10 ping or whatever feels right.

I think the magnetism in the strictest sense of the word is correct. When nobody is moving the bullets curve the right amount.

I think the issue could be hitboxes based on what the no lead mod is doing? I dunno there's this post

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/7582-halo-1-mcc-needs-lag-compensation/?p=319196

where a guy describes how it works in other games. Since 343 has never really SAID what they do or change, we don't really know what we're working with. It's sad, because if they're in fact using a well known halo pc mod, then other people could help them work on a solution.

To add, I've personally never felt like the lead was enough on any patch. Compared to LAN you really don't need to lead THAT much. I wonder if it's possible in the lag compensation model to simulate everyone having 5 or 10 ping or whatever feels right.

I had tried to get some patch notes or answers from bravo a while back.. no luck since though.

Hey! Will circle back with test and production and find out if there is anything we can post / share here. Thanks for the interest.

It would be nice, but so many unintentional changes had happened from patch to patch that I don't know if they would feel comfortable releasing it all.

Mother%*&%(** bull%&*^ right here.  I hope all you "it doesn't feel like OG" girls(who wrote comments stating it) are happy now that it's easier than Halo 2 and Halo 3 again.  Of course the last patch didn't "feel" like OG, but it was a LOT better than what we have with this reverted aim assistance, competition-wise.  Now it's Halo 2/CoD where whoever shoots first wins the gunfight.  Think more progressively and leave fleeting nostalgia behind.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1