chaosTheory

Dedicated website for tracking Halo CE gameplay issues in MCC

Actually I don't think the "camo robbery" glitch is fixed.  Happened to me yesterday. 

Also found a bug where I walked over camo on Damny but didn't pick it up - had to walk over it like 5 times before it registered.  l think I've seen this happen on Twitch streams too. 

Ok.  I said I only thought it was fixed.  That was based on me picking up camo while being camo a few times and asking my teammate if i looked like I was camo or not and everytime it seemed to work. Whereas before it almost never worked right for me in that situation.

So this patch wasnt that great anyways same thing happened to me tonight as last patch. I was playing some games tonight where I had extreme ammounts of magnetism and some where I didnt have much at all. Thats right I said magnetism, off host 100 percent has magnetism every game and it varies in ammount just like last patch. What is making host so hard is that it feels like your aimer doesnt stick on them as well and there is little to no magnetism when hosting. If you notice when you zoom in off host your aimer locks on and you get varrying ammounts of magnetism, but on host when you zoom in you dont get any of that.

Ok.  I said I only thought it was fixed.  That was based on me picking up camo while being camo a few times and asking my teammate if i looked like I was camo or not and everytime it seemed to work. Whereas before it almost never worked right for me in that situation.

Yeah I think it only glitches "some" of the time, not sure why -- I've had it work one game then not work the next game.  I read somewhere a hypothesis that it only happens to the host, but I can't confirm that.

Example of that "camo robbery" or "new camo burned when already camoed" glitch:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/RzR%20J3ST3R/video/3011191

Example of "can't pick up camo when visible" glitch -- different than camo robbery:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/RzR%20J3ST3R/video/2925916

Example of "can't pick up weapon" glitch, where I press X but can't pick up the weapon.  I also saw this happen to Dirt on Twitch last night:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/RzR%20J3ST3R/video/3011193

So this patch wasnt that great anyways same thing happened to me tonight as last patch. I was playing some games tonight where I had extreme ammounts of magnetism and some where I didnt have much at all. Thats right I said magnetism, off host 100 percent has magnetism every game and it varies in ammount just like last patch. What is making host so hard is that it feels like your aimer doesnt stick on them as well and there is little to no magnetism when hosting. If you notice when you zoom in off host your aimer locks on and you get varrying ammounts of magnetism, but on host when you zoom in you dont get any of that.

just had a playlist game as a host and wow, difference is like night and day

on host i barely hit at all unlike off host

Dumb question, but how do you tell if you're host?  People have said something about the sound your pistol zoom makes?

Dumb question, but how do you tell if you're host?  People have said something about the sound your pistol zoom makes?

when you are host and you zoom in or out of any weapon you will hear a zoom sound, but as soon as you are just a client you wont hear anything during the zoom animation

when you are host and you zoom in or out of any weapon you will hear a zoom sound, but as soon as you are just a client you wont hear anything during the zoom animation

Thx. 

Also, I know some of the bugs I linked vids to have already been reported on HaloBugs.com.  But those vids are all post-5/30-patch, so just confirming that those are all still issues.

4 nade start

portal fixed on chillout needler bridge

rocket orientation fixed in matchmaking

Maybe in another 6 months they will have the shooting fixed and ranks added.

Alex Seropian would never have tolerated it taking a year to fix the original halo 15 years ago, but then again he didn't have to worry because he had guys like Hardy Lebel working for him.   Seems like a problem with poor leadership at 343 if you allow your employees to released unfinished games...

People have been saying this since November, and it's just not a reliable way to check if you're host. You can sometimes hear zooming offhost. Grenades coming out instantly is usually the first thing that lets me know I'm on host. Same-frame hit confirmations also only happen on host - offhost there will be a delay between the shot and the confirmation.

• Upvote (+1) 1

People have been saying this since November, and it's just not a reliable way to check if you're host. You can sometimes hear zooming offhost. Grenades coming out instantly is usually the first thing that lets me know I'm on host. Same-frame hit confirmations also only happen on host - offhost there will be a delay between the shot and the confirmation.

isnt that an indication for a dedicated server then?

or does it also happen in customs?

isnt that an indication for a dedicated server then?

or does it also happen in customs?

I'm not too sure, I haven't been paying attention to the zoom sounds.

3im1DKG.png

This get posted yet?

:UncleDrew:  :UncleDrew:  :UncleDrew:  :UncleDrew:  :UncleDrew:  :UncleDrew:  :UncleDrew:  :UncleDrew:  :UncleDrew:  :UncleDrew:  :UncleDrew:  :UncleDrew:  :UncleDrew:  :UncleDrew:  :UncleDrew:  :UncleDrew:  :UncleDrew:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

just had a playlist game as a host and wow, difference is like night and day
on host i barely hit at all unlike off host
i'm betting everyone that loved this patch either has crap connections or is referring to the games where their ping sucked ass. hosting has been a load of shit on the past two patches, probably longer but my memory is hazy.

there's nothing fun about zero magnetism, glad you're finally feeling it.
  • Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

i'm betting everyone that loved this patch either has crap connections or is referring to the games where their ping sucked ass. hosting has been a load of shit on the past two patches, probably longer but my memory is hazy.

there's nothing fun about zero magnetism, glad you're finally feeling it.

I loved this patch and i have fiber and pull host most games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

AR kills are much easier now.  Looks like they decreased the spread on that gun.  Perfect 343 formula to cater to knew players to gain interest.

- Reduce effectiveness of skillful weapons like pistol and snipe

- Increase effectiveness of AR

Use to be able to 3 shot generation Z kids that were spray and praying with AR, now it's not possible.

I don't think they did anything to the AR, it's just difficult to use the pistol. The AR has always been powerful, more powerful than the AR/SMG in any other Halo game besides 5. But the pistol always overwhelmed it because it was easy to 3 shot from 15 feet away.

If an AR guy got inside that range it was almost always a kill for him though. 15 bullets for death coming out in about a second.

I don't think they did anything to the AR, it's just difficult to use the pistol. The AR has always been powerful, more powerful than the AR/SMG in any other Halo game besides 5. But the pistol always overwhelmed it because it was easy to 3 shot from 15 feet away.

If an AR guy got inside that range it was almost always a kill for him though. 15 bullets for death coming out in about a second.

It's definitely faster to get a kill with the AR than it was before.  You can tell in AR vs AR battle.  It's just that we hardly used the AR that much to notice the difference.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does the plasma rifle freeze people at all right now? I was playing earlier today and it didn't seem like it.

Ar is the same. It's perfect now cause new players can come in and get kills against players who just knew to use the pistol. So it doesn't destroy the game for them. However against those with h1 depth they still won't land more than 2 kills (neither will the players who know to shoot the pistol but don't truly know h1)

Does the plasma rifle freeze people at all right now? I was playing earlier today and it didn't seem like it.

it definitely didn't before the update

Does anyone know if the magnetism has been upped, or even put back to pre-patch? Pistoling seems way easier now.

EDIT: NVM I guess I just got more used to it now. I'm smart  :kappa: