chaosTheory

Dedicated website for tracking Halo CE gameplay issues in MCC

Umm there were tons of people in that fb group saying they were done with MCC, 100% unplayable, see you next month, impossible to shoot etc.

Umm there were tons of people in that fb group saying they were done with MCC, 100% unplayable, see you next month, impossible to shoot etc.

There's a difference between saying that and saying pre-patch was better. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

What's frustrating is this seems like it should be a fairly easy fix, IF 343 had any competent H1 players on staff.

- adjust magnetism

- test

- not quite right, make minor adjustment

- test

- yep that feels really good

- Deploy

• Upvote (+1) 4

They should just fly a bunch of the H1 players up there for a weekend and fix H1 in one patch like they did for the H4 turbo update 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Shit, I'd buy my own ticket/hotel/food. The help they need is out there but they just haven't made it a priority.

Not that I blame them... the entire game is broken, there's only so much time in the day to fix all the issues. Halo 1 only part of the giant pile of problems.

• Upvote (+1) 4

What's frustrating is this seems like it should be a fairly easy fix, IF 343 had any competent H1 players on staff.

- adjust magnetism

- test

- not quite right, make minor adjustment

- test

- yep that feels really good

- Deploy

in theory that sounds easy but from a business point of view this means to free quite some resources which means it gets costy

you will need at least 2 people for the scenario above, each time it doesnt feel right they need to rewrite the code and reupload it to a dev-kit

overall this probably takes a day until its fully dialed in, which means 2x full programmer salaries for the whole day

and thats just for one single CE bug, H2, H2A, H3 and H4 also need to be adressed

its just way cheaper to patch things and then have the community to give feedback on it, that way you have thousands of testers that dont cost you a cent

im sure the game could have been fixed to a pretty good state already if 343i were to put down more ressources :(

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

There's a difference between saying that and saying pre-patch was better. 

There isn't much of a difference when you consider the same people didn't have nearly the same reaction pre-patch.

in theory that sounds easy but from a business point of view this means to free quite some resources which means it gets costy

you will need at least 2 people for the scenario above, each time it doesnt feel right they need to rewrite the code and reupload it to a dev-kit

overall this probably takes a day until its fully dialed in, which means 2x full programmer salaries for the whole day

and thats just for one single CE bug, H2, H2A, H3 and H4 also need to be adressed

its just way cheaper to patch things and then have the community to give feedback on it, that way you have thousands of testers that dont cost you a cent

im sure the game could have been fixed to a pretty good state already if 343i were to put down more ressources :(

1 day versus multiple patches over almost 7 months and it's still not right. I imagine they wouldn't even need the testers to be onsite. They could just allow a handful of players to download it and run a few series of customs and provide feedback and make adjustments.

Bottom line is, what they're doing now IS NOT working. Time to change things up 

There isn't much of a difference when you consider the same people didn't have nearly the same reaction pre-patch.

Until they explicitly say that... then yes there is. You're just making assumptions. 

not sure if posted before but fankie commented on the bullet magnetism issue

as everyone already thought it wasnt done by intention, and they are to fix it

pretty sure that will mean itll get back to its 100% strength from before :/

if so i doubt ill continue to play CE on a regular basis, its just no fun with easy mode being active

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=166211291&postcount=4849

• Upvote (+1) 2

For the first time since December, "hold forward and 3-shot anyone in my way" is not a solid game plan, and for that I'm happy. Players with years of refined situational awareness are finally being rewarded for strong positional plays. The pistol we have now is not the Halo 1 pistol, but it's allowing good players to play with the same confidence they had in OG. The fear, I believe, is that in pursuing a fully "OG-like" pistol, 343i would fall short and upset the current game flow.

However, I would support more experimentation to really nail down the OG feel. With the MCC pistol, the end result may be the same (average death in X number of shots), but the shooting just isn't as fun. It was all about the journey for me, not the destination. Placing shots with or against someone's strafe was a satisfying aspect of OG that still doesn't feel right in MCC. Getting it right is worth the risk, in my opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 7

not sure if posted before but fankie commented on the bullet magnetism issue

as everyone already thought it wasnt done by intention, and they are to fix it

pretty sure that will mean itll get back to its 100% strength from before :/

if so i doubt ill continue to play CE on a regular basis, its just no fun with easy mode being active

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=166211291&postcount=4849

Thanks for posting that Beam. I also would not be happy if they return the pistol to pre-patch easy mode. Hopefully this patch has helped 343i understand that there is still a lot of work to be done to more closely replicate the shooting feel of OG. I don't have much faith that 343i will get the message, but a man can dream.

He said it was a weird reversion? I have played every single patch since release and at no point did I play one where pistol felt like it does now.....That just doesn't make sense.....

He said it was a weird reversion? I have played every single patch since release and at no point did I play one where pistol felt like it does now.....That just doesn't make sense.....

I guess I didn't read Frankie's post close enough, because I didn't realize that is exactly what he said.

To your point, the closest the pistol has ever felt to the way it is now, is when the game first came out, and in that version you had to lead your shots by a sizable margin. Maybe it was just poor word choice, or maybe he just doesn't have a clue, I won't say which way I am leaning............

Yeah I'd take frankies word with a grain of salt, he is clueless and assumes everyone else is clueless too so he tries to talk on their level.

Played this game for the first time today since the new patch.

I drop 45 on a 2 box that scored 13 and they send me a message staying:  "learn to go outside dude"

I reply - "learn how to play a game that came out 15 years ago dude"

Soft generation Z kids these days......

The patch still isn't OG, but it's better than how it was that's for sure at least for matchmaking.

I still have yet to play customs against players of equal skill so I'll give my impressions on this patch once I've had a chance to do that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

has anyone figured out why it's so difficult on host than off-host?

I didn't notice a huge difference last night when we played. Maybe just a bit? I was just playing like shit in Dere so I don't count that one, lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think they fixed the picking up camo while already having camo issues.  In OG if you turn on your flashlight while camoed does the light come on? (it doesn't in MCC)

Actually I don't think the "camo robbery" glitch is fixed.  Happened to me yesterday. 

Also found a bug where I walked over camo on Damny but didn't pick it up - had to walk over it like 5 times before it registered.  l think I've seen this happen on Twitch streams too. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

lol the only way their going to fix it is just go back to last patch values. You think they will sit there and test to get values that feel really good lololol.

Well if they are trying to please the majority then I imagine they are doing it. I don't imagine the endless waves of noobs in matchmaking want shooting to be harder haha. Its really unfortunate for the true fans though.