chaosTheory

Dedicated website for tracking Halo CE gameplay issues in MCC

Anyone got some information about how the situation is gonna be handled? Changing the magnetism back to how it was? Bringing just a little bit of magnetism back in the game?

Anyone got some information about how the situation is gonna be handled? Changing the magnetism back to how it was? Bringing just a little bit of magnetism back in the game?

This is 343i, what do you think? The only window we get into their thought process are sporadic tweets and weekly community updates from Bravo. Therefore, the best way to keep tabs on what is going on with MCC is to check Bravo's Twitter. 

So far we know from Bravo's Twitter account that the 343i team "is aware" of the issues with the pistol, and that they are "investigating." 

I really hope they dont just revert back to old easy mode shooting because of too much complaining. There defiantly needs a slight magnetism on player increase with crosshair but not 500 percent like last versions. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

I really hope they dont just revert back to old easy mode shooting because of too much complaining. There defiantly needs a slight magnetism on player increase with crosshair but not 500 percent like last versions. 

Agreed, Unfortunately, it seems that 343i is all about knee-jerk reactions, and are incapable of making gradual changes. How else do you explain H:CE going from insane amounts of magnetism, to virtually zero in one patch? They should release a hotfix with magnetism increased by 20-30 percent and see how it goes, we have been Alpha/Beta testing this game since November anyhow.

So how exactly am I supposed to aim now?

headlevel, perfect aim as based on yours and the opponents movement pace, take a slight break after 3-4 shots so the spread doesnt ruin your aim

give it a try, youll get into it faster than youll think + you now know that a shot you hit was because of your aim being on spot rather than magnetism auto-correcting your false aim as in the patch before

• Upvote (+1) 1

With a mouse and keyboard?

Anyone feel like playing today? I'm gonna boot up the box for the first time in a while.

With a mouse and keyboard?

Anyone feel like playing today? I'm gonna boot up the box for the first time in a while.

played with M&K yesterday too for comparison and it felt 1:1 like Halo PC which i actually liked

(with a mouse there barely is any aim assist and with the lack of magnetism you literally have a HPC experience)

sadly the Halo stick-turnspeeds even on 10 are super slow which makes controller useage superior imo :(

if you want me to play with a mouse against you let me know though. should be online for a little bit longer today :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

played with M&K yesterday too for comparison and it felt 1:1 like Halo PC which i actually liked

(with a mouse there barely is any aim assist and with the lack of magnetism you literally have a HPC experience)

sadly the Halo stick-turnspeeds even on 10 are super slow which makes controller useage superior imo :(

if you want me to play with a mouse against you let me know though. should be online for a little bit longer today :)

I'm down I just am applying a TON of updates right now :\ all of which are for xbox so far not even MCC.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm down I just am applying a TON of updates right now :\ all of which are for xbox so far not even MCC.

Haha im with you, switched the Xbox One on for the first time in one month yesterday and had to download several gigs before i even managed to see the dashboard lol, let alone the MCC patch, ODST and other stuff there was to patch and download

Let me know when you plan to play

the fact that you're even talking about playing with a mouse and keyboard...

i dont play CE with a mouse but with a dualshock 4, if people like teapot want me to play with the mouse though i got no problem with that, its fun to switch for a while so why not :)

the fact that you're even talking about playing with a mouse and keyboard...

what? my comment was sarcasm but I'm always open to play against people with a XIM..

i dont play CE with a mouse but with a dualshock 4, if people like teapot want me to play with the mouse though i got no problem with that, its fun to switch for a while so why not :)

Sorry man getting caught up in watching my friend compete in evolve. They're I think two rounds away from first place which is $65,000 unless there's a losers bracket.

• Upvote (+1) 1

HALO 1:

First off I would like to thank 343 for this patch. It is amazing. I'm really happy with the patch  :D.

You fixed priz snipe location  :D

You fixed dere spawn and rox time  :D

You fixed chilly port    :D.

The only things I would like changed is the bullet spread to the pistol to be the same as OG XBOX version. Battle creek red base windows to be the same as OG. I would also like backback reloading to be a lil bit faster, I believe at the current moment it is still a little bit slower than LAN on OG.

I am super impressed with this patch. Good job 343!

Mabey one day down the road we will be able to LAN xbox 1 without online.

• Upvote (+1) 1

^ I won't be truly happy until a full conversion to OG Halo 1 is done. Original sound effects. Original HUD. Sidewinder teleporters. HeH trench lip. Teleporter shader, and so on.

But get the weapons working correctly first...

• Upvote (+1) 1

^ I won't be truly happy until a full conversion to OG Halo 1 is done. Original sound effects. Original HUD. Sidewinder teleporters. HeH trench lip. Teleporter shader, and so on.

But get the weapons working correctly first...

Hardy Lebel wanted ports all the way around Sidewinder like they are in MCC though :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

halo pc had magnetism wtf are you talking about, it just had no aim assist.  

and on a different note. The magnetism should not be fucked with, in any way, shape, or form. wtf is this nonsense about only 20-30% of the original magnetism. SERIOUSLY THE AMOUNT OF WTF IN THIS THREAD RIGHT NOW ARE ON HALO 4 LEVELS.

aim assist should be 1:1 ratio, magnetism should be 1:1 ratio. The only thing I would fuck with is bullet speed or w/e halo SAP did on the pc, and thats only if its impossible to make it so whatever happens on a clients screen happens in game. AKA if I shoot you in the head with a snipe, no matter what happens on your screen. Even if you're behind a wall. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

halo pc had magnetism wtf are you talking about, it just had no aim assist.  

and on a different note. The magnetism should not be fucked with, in any way, shape, or form. wtf is this nonsense about only 20-30% of the original magnetism. SERIOUSLY THE AMOUNT OF WTF IN THIS THREAD RIGHT NOW ARE ON HALO 4 LEVELS.

aim assist should be 1:1 ratio, magnetism should be 1:1 ratio. The only thing I would fuck with is bullet speed or w/e halo SAP did on the pc, and thats only if its impossible to make it so whatever happens on a clients screen happens in game. AKA if I shoot you in the head with a snipe, no matter what happens on your screen. Even if you're behind a wall. 

Dude calm down, they are saying 20% of the magnetism that MCC had prepatch, not 20% of OG magnetism. We want it to match OG.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So how exactly am I supposed to aim now?

Pretend it's a projectile Reach DMR.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hardy Lebel wanted ports all the way around Sidewinder like they are in MCC though :kappa:

Tough luck for him - historical preservation or bust.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Lol this sucks. You can do stuff like give the top front blue random on hangem absolutely worry free; nobody is going to kill you.

I think Sidewinder plays better, a lot better, with two-way ports.  1 way into the base is ridiculous, especially when all of the enemy spawns are in front of you when you go to pull the flag.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It seemed like they made some sounds quieter (spawns, weapon switching, reloading, footsteps), which is good.  I used to be able to hear people spawn halfway across the map.

whats wrong with all those people wanting the game to become 100% original?

you guys are aware that this isnt possible because of the changes that 1080p and 60fps bring into the game right?

and if you would think further now you would also be aware of that MCC CE will not feel like OG when you simply throw all the OG mechanics into the MCC such as 100% OG bullet magnetism

the circumstances of 1080p and 60fps already make the game a lot easier by giving you much more feedback on the game, you see more detail on the screen with twice the refresh rate, that changes the gameplay fundamentally!

now if you were to put the same amout of bullet magnetism or whatsoever into the game you will by no means reach the competitiveness of OG CE

pro tip:

if you make an element easier in some regards you need to make it harder in other regards to achieve the same level of hardness

therefore 1080p + 60fps and all OG circumstances on top of it will be anything but close to a OG gaming experience

therefore its needed to make the game tougher to compensate for twice the resfresh rate and wider visual field due to higher resolution

and imo the very best way to compensate for that would be to tone down either bullet magnetism or auto aim as those do directly affect the positive results of higher resfresh rate and therefore better reaction + aiming

use your brain guys, simply copy paste OG is not an solution to get an OG like experience! the goal must be to achieve the same level of OG gameplay + hardness and not to just straight copy OG mechanics and hope itll play remotely close to OG

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

whats wrong with all those people wanting the game to become 100% original?

you guys are aware that this isnt possible because of the changes that 1080p and 60fps bring into the game right?

and if you would think further now you would also be aware of that MCC CE will not feel like OG when you simply throw all the OG mechanics into the MCC such as 100% OG bullet magnetism

the circumstances of 1080p and 60fps already make the game a lot easier by giving you much more feedback on the game, you see more detail on the screen with twice the refresh rate, that changes the gameplay fundamentally!

now if you were to put the same amout of bullet magnetism or whatsoever into the game you will by no means reach the competitiveness of OG CE

pro tip:

if you make an element easier in some regards you need to make it harder in other regards to achieve the same level of hardness

therefore 1080p + 60fps and all OG circumstances on top of it will be anything but close to a OG gaming experience

therefore its needed to make the game tougher to compensate for twice the resfresh rate and wider visual field due to higher resolution

and imo the very best way to compensate for that would be to tone down either bullet magnetism or auto aim as those do directly affect the positive results of higher resfresh rate and therefore better reaction + aiming

use your brain guys, simply copy paste OG is not an solution to get an OG like experience! the goal must be to achieve the same level of OG gameplay + hardness and not to just straight copy OG mechanics and hope itll play remotely close to OG

I'm not really sure where to start but I guess the most simple response is that a lot of us really don't care about making CE some hyper competitive game. We just want it to play like OG. I don't care if its slightly easier due to 60 FPS/1080p. The game has never, ever played like OG on XB1. Nobody here has a clue what just 60FPS/1080p OG would play like. Really. We don't. You could even argue split screen OG would be easier due to the gigantic FoV compared to the single screen FoV most of us will be playing on over XBL. That is assuming everything else were like OG. I guess the point of my post is that I'm not really interested in a fundamentally different CE even if on paper it should technically be just as challenging.

• Upvote (+1) 3