chaosTheory

Dedicated website for tracking Halo CE gameplay issues in MCC

Pistol spread still looks the same as it did on OG.

http://i.imgur.com/GoNfnBK.png

^ From the AR near sweet spot, looking at the AR under window.

What you're probably seeing is the delay between the trigger pull and the bullet hitting the wall. If you're moving, the shot won't be in the center of the reticle when it hits.

The problem is definitely the reduction of auto-aim/magnetism, not increased pistol spread.

I dunno, at distance it just feels worse. You're standing very close to the wall and you are only showing one picture. Did you do more tests and did they all look like this? And at longer distance that tiny bit of spread in the "normal" example would widen out much further. The "slow" does look slightly more grouped.

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned it could be because the Xbone controller is sensitive so it thinks you are holding the trigger? That could be at play too.

Define medium distance. Any map smaller than hang em I have not experienced much spread.

I agree spread is a problem. If there was no spread then no magnetism isn't that big of a problem.

I've shot at people from camo ramp to sweet spot on spawn with the 3 of 8-9 shots hitting them while they're standing still. I've done the same on Pris from office to PR, Chill Out from main health to double doors, etc etc. The distance doesn't matter that much. There's zero magnetism and what looks like some very odd registration issues.

I'm all for increased difficulty aiming WITHIN reason but I don't see how you prefer this over pre-patch or whatever else. This 100% does not feel like OG; not even close. OG does NOT feel like zero magnetism and wonky registration. You're entitled to your opinion and your preferences but to compare this patch to OG is a complete joke. If anything this makes the game more random. I've played a solid 20ish games and it's just straight up silly.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just so I'm clear to everyone, I am not advocating that we KEEP the current shooting mechanics. I just honestly prefer them to the pre-patch shooting which was too easy. They went too far and it feels jarring in comparison so I think we are kneejerking to how hard it is. The ballistics definitely need further tweaking, but I think we are closer to what we want. That's all.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Does pacing shots help with spread?  Should I just pretend I'm using a projectile Reach DMR with a big fat reticle?

I've shot at people from camo ramp to sweet spot on spawn with the 3 of 8-9 shots hitting them while they're standing still. I've done the same on Pris from office to PR, Chill Out from main health to double doors, etc etc. The distance doesn't matter that much. There's zero magnetism and what looks like some very odd registration issues.

I'm all for increased difficulty aiming WITHIN reason but I don't see how you prefer this over pre-patch or whatever else. This 100% does not feel like OG; not even close. OG does NOT feel like zero magnetism and wonky registration. You're entitled to your opinion and your preferences but to compare this patch to OG is a complete joke. If anything this makes the game more random. I've played a solid 20ish games and it's just straight up silly.

I'm honestly wondering if I've just been lucky and had a much more consistent connection. I haven't seen the same issues that a lot of you guys are bringing up.

I'm honestly wondering if I've just been lucky and had a much more consistent connection. I haven't seen the same issues that a lot of you guys are bringing up.

That very well be the case but I'm experiencing these issues on every host and when I pull host. At this point I would say upload some footage and see what's going on in your neck of the woods. 

That very well be the case but I'm experiencing these issues on every host and when I pull host. At this point I would say upload some footage and see what's going on in your neck of the woods. 

I just clipped some Pris footage where I demolished some guys so I'm going to analyze that and see if I'm getting BSed.

I've had success slowing my shots down.  Bullet spread becomes a nonissue, but the aiming and lead mechanics are still ridiculous.  I like how they make a ninja change to bullet magnetism and nades, but don't list them on the patch notes, as if they're tiny changes that require no mentioning... 

• Upvote (+1) 2

yea, just to clarify, in my little supercut of horridity, i was never holding the trigger down.

to me, in today's update, i never once thought the spread was the thing that was messed up. the thing is, when your reticle is red (and even sometimes when it's still blue, but very close to a player's hitboxes) the game applies some bullet magnetism, to pull your bullets towards the guy you're shooting. we all know that. we all love that. even if some of us say that we want the shooting to be hard.

magnetism is applied to a bullet's vector, whatever that vector happened to be when it left the barrel. the bullets are supposed to spread randomly, and have a minimum and maximum spread range (or "error angle", as it is referred to in the game's code). the magnetism helps you out a little bit (presumably because it just isn't easy to be pixel-precise with your thumbs) when your reticle is on or close to a guy.

in the collection of clips i just posted, i wasn't doing anything differently than what i expected should work. are you telling me that i need to modify 13 years of muscle memory, while simultaneously getting more precise, just because you want the skill gap to be a larger one rather than smaller?

it's not helpful to claim there are any positive elements to this gross oversight. magnetism was removed from the weapons. maybe even all weapons; sniper feels pretty fucked up too. the shots i do land are because the sniper rifle (correctly) has zero spread and the reticle was fully inside the confines of the opponent's hitbox. but that shouldn't be necessary. magnetism is supposed to pull on sniper rounds too. you KNOW you should be able to dangle the edge of your reticle on someone's body and still get that shot to connect.

changing the magnetism and then changing the spread and then changing the compensation for on and off host is just fucking with the mechanics and the values will drift so far from the original that it becomes a totally different game. @@VinnyMendoza, for some reason you don't care if it feels like OG, but the rest of us do.

• Upvote (+1) 7

yea, just to clarify, in my little supercut of horridity, i was never holding the trigger down.

to me, in today's update, i never once thought the spread was the thing that was messed up. the thing is, when your reticle is red (and even sometimes when it's still blue, but you're very close to a player's hitboxes) the game applies some bullet magnetism, to pull your bullets towards the guy you're shooting. we all know that. we all love that. even if some of us say that we want the shooting to be hard.

magnetism is applied to a bullet's vector, whatever that vector happened to be when it left the barrel. the bullets are supposed to spread randomly, and have a minimum and maximum spread range (or "error angle", as it is referred to in the game's code). the magnetism helps you out a little bit (presumably because it just isn't easy to be pixel-precise with your thumbs) when your reticle is on or close to a guy.

in the collection of clips i just posted, i wasn't doing anything differently than what i expected should work. are you telling me that i need to modify 13 years of muscle memory, while simultaneously getting more precise, just because you want the skill gap to be a larger one rather than smaller?

it's not helpful to claim there are any positive elements to this gross oversight. magnetism was removed from the weapons. maybe even all weapons; sniper feels pretty fucked up too. the shots i do land are because the sniper rifle (correctly) has zero spread and the reticle was fully inside the confines of the opponent's hitbox. but that shouldn't be necessary. magnetism is supposed to pull on sniper rounds too. you KNOW you should be able to dangle the edge of your reticle on someone's body and still get that shot to connect.

changing the magnetism and then changing the spread and then changing the compensation for on and off host is just fucking with the mechanics and the values will drift so far from the original that it becomes a totally different game. @@VinnyMendoza, for some reason you don't care if it feels like OG, but the rest of us do.

I didn't say I didn't care.

I said I prefer it to pre-patch, which wasn't remotely close to OG in my opinion.

played some rounds of CE now and i agree, it really feels odd to shoot, id compare it to like shooting your teammates where you literally have no aim assist and bullet magnetism

though i need to mention that its not as bad as some people said (2 clips and no kill), after a few minutes i was already doing regular 4-8 shot kills again

a little bit magnetism should be there (as someone said earlier, aim slightly over the head for bullet magnetism) but it clearly shouldnt go back to what it was before the patch

if pre-patch we had 100% magnetism and now 0%, imo the sweet spot would be with 30-40% magnetism :)

• Upvote (+1) 3

At a minimum the game should function on split screen as the original did. Whatever tweaks they make should be to this lag compensation halo pc mod deal.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Agreed with beamimpact. We shouldn't mess with how people have learned how to play OG, insidious. I'm fully on board with that. Game flow is important and Halo 1 had good game flow with its shooting even if it was slightly easier. All console games need a bit of bullet mag. And the sticky aim feels unchanged which is great. I think 343i is closer than ever... it seems like one slight adjustment to increase bullet mag will make this almost perfect. I'm praying they can just release a hotfix for this...

• Upvote (+1) 2

Also, I think I had some bad connections or something in the last few games I played because I was shooting people dead on in the legs without them moving side to side (no lead needed) and it didn't register. THAT was frustrating.

SOrry to triple post, but another issue... have people noticed player models not facing you when throwing grenades? Like RIGHT after a spawn I mean? I played these two guys and they kept throwing grenades out of the side of their hips. In one instance a guy spawned OS3 and was facing the wall (like what happens when people quit) so I was like.. k I'll just assassinate him. I run up and all of a sudden a grenade comes out of his ass and he shoots me while doing an impossibly fast 180.

Bravo just tweeted out that he is getting a lot of reports about it and the team is ware and looking at it. Very good news.

I'm just praying they don't go overboard and make it too easy again.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's crazy how there is no QA here. I felt it in the very first post-patch game I played and knew something was off inside of two-three minutes. Obviously it took more investigation to find out definitely but damn...

It'd be nice if a few members here could get some sort of advanced build before it hits cert so we can squash these issues instead of having a broken game until cert part two happens (which could be a month out).

It's crazy how there is no QA here. I felt it in the very first post-patch game I played and knew something was off inside of two-three minutes. Obviously it took more investigation to find out definitely but damn...

It'd be nice if a few members here could get some sort of advanced build before it hits cert so we can squash these issues instead of having a broken game until cert part two happens (which could be a month out).

I'm thinking this is how their process goes...

Read complaints about it being too easy.

Make a change

Try it out and say "Yeah it seems pretty hard now"

Release

None of their old H1 pros try it. They don't recruit anybody from the H1 scene to give input. They release the patch and wait for a response from the community again. This would be fully acceptable actually if we could rely on them to make another adjustment within a week. But they probably won't...

Here is another clip that I feel definitively proves that there is basically zero bullet magnetism in H:CE at the moment.

xboxdvr.com/BR%20N00b/a56aa746-ebdf-4656-b7b9-658620a43fd1/embed

I saw that someone mentioned that Bravo tweeted that the MCC team is aware of the issues with the pistol, so hopefully they will fix the problems before the June update. If not, I can't see myself playing this game for a month.....

Here is another clip that I feel definitively proves that there is basically zero bullet magnetism in H:CE at the moment.

xboxdvr.com/BR%20N00b/a56aa746-ebdf-4656-b7b9-658620a43fd1/embed

I saw that someone mentioned that Bravo tweeted that the MCC team is aware of the issues with the pistol, so hopefully they will fix the problems before the June update. If not, I can't see myself playing this game for a month.....

I think this proves without a doubt reticle on top of head doesn't work... which I agree is complete BS.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think this proves without a doubt reticle on top of head doesn't work... which I agree is complete BS.

I agree with that 100 percent. 

Here's a clip I recorded where I felt shots were registering cleanly. I just watched it and paused on every single shot and didn't have a problem with any single miss, and every single hit was legitimately good lead and centred on a part of their body/just in front of the body.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Vinny%20Mendoza/video/2798913

To me, this is fine. I don't always put my reticle on top of the head though so I probably don't experience that issue as much as other players.

i just dont want magnetism as strong as it was before, pistoling was way too easy which should not be the case

my fear right now is that this "no magnetism" is actually a bug as it wasnt listed in the patchfiles and with the next patch 343i will make magnetism as strong as it was before, which imo is just as bad as having no magnetism at all

• Upvote (+1) 1