chaosTheory

Dedicated website for tracking Halo CE gameplay issues in MCC

ya i just played you on hangem vinnymendoza as walla walla, the spread is massive right now, its not even fun. i wont be playing till its fixed, four nades was nice though

Yeah it was really hard on Hang Em. PS I only bagged because my teammate told me to LOL. No hard feelings. I told him you're just really good.

I played a couple games of HeH earlier and just walked in a straight line to the rockets laughing at the people trying to shoot at me from red shotty. I also got into quite possibly my very first 24 shot pistol battle when we both used two clips and hit nothing but air. I have no idea how they turned the master chief into agent smith but I don't like it. Feels like I'm using the Halo 3 BR with bloom.

I had a similar game where I was sitting at top Blue with two guys top red just unloading for what felt like forever. Definitely multiple clips. It was simultaneously the funniest thing ever and the saddest

Three shots are like

dLlf5di.jpg

prob because its damn near impossible online now

broken. 3 months of easier mcc shooting doesn't break 13 years of og halo experience. the pistol isn't right. at all.

• Upvote (+1) 4

cant wait to test the pistol later the day, you guys really make it look like itll be a beast to handle now :)

also, how is the aim assist with the rocket? is it still super strong or has it seen a reduction?

the rocket didnt have any aim assistant back on the original xbox i think

Personally I don't mind it. They need to tighten up spread on long distance though.

Short range feels okay. You just need a ton of skill. The skill gap is huge. Is it frustrating? Yes. But it's a legitimate skill gap if you ask me. Isn't that what we want? First the OG 14-year LANners were saying MCC is skill-less trash, now it takes too much? The only thing I agree with is it changes how maps play out. You can make rushes in the open without dying as much. Rockets and grenades will be way more important because 3ing a rocket guy will be almost impossible before he kills you. If they turn off rocket aim assist it will help.

I honestly much prefer how it plays now versus random dumbshit noobs getting easy 4 or 5 shot kills on me. Insidious and I just crushed a bunch of people on MMing because they can't shoot at all while we are at least managing to kill people within 8 shots most of the time (except on Hang Em).

It can still use some tweaking for sure to make it feel more like OG. It's definitely a tad too hard. But I prefer a large skill gap like this over what we had before. We just have to get used to it.

Personally I don't mind it. They need to tighten up spread on long distance though.

Short range feels okay. You just need a ton of skill. The skill gap is huge. Is it frustrating? Yes. But it's a legitimate skill gap if you ask me. Isn't that what we want? First the OG 14-year LANners were saying MCC is skill-less trash, now it takes too much? The only thing I agree with is it changes how maps play out. You can make rushes in the open without dying as much. Rockets and grenades will be way more important because 3ing a rocket guy will be almost impossible before he kills you. If they turn off rocket aim assist it will help.

I honestly much prefer how it plays now versus random dumbshit noobs getting easy 4 or 5 shot kills on me. Insidious and I just crushed a bunch of people on MMing because they can't shoot at all while we are at least managing to kill people within 8 shots most of the time (except on Hang Em).

It can still use some tweaking for sure to make it feel more like OG. It's definitely a tad too hard. But I prefer a large skill gap like this over what we had before. We just have to get used to it.

If I can't three shot a target standing still at medium distance then that has nothing to do with skill gap. That's a broken game any way you cut it.

• Upvote (+1) 5

the average kill time between skilled opponents on og is honestly probably 6-8 shots. I'll have to play this patch to see for myself.

Has anyone set up spilt screen to see if the bullets are still bending via magnetism or is this a case of the netcode doing something weird?

to people saying no magetism is the way to go... maybe if this was a new halo game.

people have 14 years of game experience doing things like aiming at the head with the bottom of the reticle rather than the center, knowing that the bullet gets pulled downward.

I don't think changing the raw shooting mechanics is the solution for a networking problem.

Just tested: magnetism is completely turned off. bullets hit center no matter how close you're aiming to them

• Upvote (+1) 1

Cant wait to try it out. Shooting really was absurdly easy before this patch. Rockets have always had aim assisstant that will pull on your reticle when someone walks in front of it. But the problem with the rocket was the magnetism, rockets in og have zero magnetism they go exactly where you are aimed when you pull the trigger.

Cant wait to try it out. Shooting really was absurdly easy before this patch. Rockets have always had aim assisstant that will pull on your reticle when someone walks in front of it. But the problem with the rocket was the magnetism, rockets in og have zero magnetism they go exactly where you are aimed when you pull the trigger.

Its rewarding when you do hit all of your shots but its very very different. It feels bad just because of how unlike any other Halo it is including the OG version. You can forget long distance shooting most of the time because it seems like when you do lead correctly to account for the new whatever your magnum ends up having some inexplicable spread or the game just lags a bit. When I pulled host it felt okay but off host cross map was a shit show. I was just throwing out shots praying they'd do something. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Trust me, it sucks. at long range I'd imagine you should actually aim for the waist, because the game isn't going to help you AT ALL

So has anyone tested it? I've heard bullet magnetism is 100% removed which I find hard to believe, and others are saying less aim assist? How? Is the pistols RRR reduced?

I'm very interested in this but it seems like so many people are just guessing at this point. Murder Miners uses the same exact weapon mechanics/physics as Halo CE, and you can remove all that stuff and it's dumb hard. From the clips it seems like they did fuck up the pistol bad, but until I see more I can't tell what it is.. looks like less magnetism, not none combined with the return of the original Halo PC's maximum spread.

not saying any of my speculations are correct either but I would love for someone who actually tests/understands this stuff to let us know.

So has anyone tested it? I've heard bullet magnetism is 100% removed which I find hard to believe, and others are saying less aim assist? How? Is the pistols RRR reduced?

I'm very interested in this but it seems like so many people are just guessing at this point. Murder Miners uses the same exact weapon mechanics/physics as Halo CE, and you can remove all that stuff and it's dumb hard. From the clips it seems like they did fuck up the pistol bad, but until I see more I can't tell what it is.. looks like less magnetism, not none combined with the return of the original Halo PC's maximum spread.

not saying any of my speculations are correct either but I would love for someone who actually tests/understands this stuff to let us know.

it's none. I posted a pic in chat

• Upvote (+1) 1

it's none. I posted a pic in chat

Hmm.. I guess so then. The videos looked like it had extremely little magnetism but a huge spread which meant bullets would be flying like the h3 BR. Just curious, how much of the crosshair can you put on him while still missing? that's already a crazy amount but I guess I am slightly stumped.

Like I said in Murder Miners it's pretty much identical, the only difference there is I feel like there's an actual level of consistency where your bullets shoot straight. Sure they're not curving into the player, but you can lead and over-compensate your aim for his strafe and the bullets will hit. I play against someone using the XIM4 and we tested some controller vs M+KB games and with all those mechanics turned off, he still was able to TSK.

I guess to not draw this long essay out further, it really looks like the spread of the weapon is huge, and it looks like insidious' videos he was holding the trigger down which I know wasn't the case. I'll admit that I could just be talking out of my ass here but I feel like if we had the OG pistol and turned off bullet magnetism completely it would not look like what we are dealing with here. It would be very difficult to use but still have a level of player control.

If I can't three shot a target standing still at medium distance then that has nothing to do with skill gap. That's a broken game any way you cut it.

Define medium distance. Any map smaller than hang em I have not experienced much spread.

I agree spread is a problem. If there was no spread then no magnetism isn't that big of a problem.

uhh, no magnetism is a huge problem. it's not h1 anymore. The art and beauty of manipulating the h1 pistol has always been making the mechanics work in your favor.

Why would someone be in favor of fundamentally changing HOW you aim? Keep in mind this includes LAN and split screen, not just live. Changing the core of the game into something else.

• Upvote (+1) 3

uhh, no magnetism is a huge problem. it's not h1 anymore. The art and beauty of manipulating the h1 pistol has always been making the mechanics work in your favor.

Why would someone be in favor of fundamentally changing HOW you aim. Keep in mind this includes LAN and split screen, not just live. Changing the core of the game into something else.

I'm sure that was to him but to clear anything up I don't advocate this no magnetism patch. Any word on this spread though bonesaw? I swear watching these clips I'm seeing bullets randomly flying behind the person he is leading then in front, then underneath, then above.. All I can think is that they were holding down the trigger but I don't feel that is the case.

I could be asking too much though cause obviously 343 has no idea what is happening either.

I'm not saying they shouldn't try to match og mechanics. But I prefer more skill gap than less if there is going to be a difference. What other manipulation of magnetism is there other than reticle higher on head? And I thought that was due to gravity affecting the bullet, not magnetism? I could be wrong.

Pistol spread still looks the same as it did on OG.

http://i.imgur.com/GoNfnBK.png

^ From the AR near sweet spot, looking at the AR under window.

What you're probably seeing is the delay between the trigger pull and the bullet hitting the wall. If you're moving, the shot won't be in the center of the reticle when it hits.

The problem is definitely the reduction of auto-aim/magnetism, not increased pistol spread.

• Upvote (+1) 3