chaosTheory

Dedicated website for tracking Halo CE gameplay issues in MCC

That's an option. I think deciding on fair spawns on an asymmetrical map is pretty subjective. There's also a matter of having to add that feature. I think blanking the initial map would either be a very simple script or maybe even just ticking a box in the map file. (I haven't messed with mods in years so I don't recall)

You still have an opening rush to powerups, it just happens a minute into the game. And now you have input as a player as to how that attack goes down. do you try to take the area early and hold it; do you hang back and try to storm in with 10 seconds to go; do you like up a nade trick from far away?

I'd argue that it allows for more player creativity in the opening minutes with an empty initial map. The way it stands now on Hang em if you start on red and your opponent spawns near camo you're just not going to get it.

I just think the start of the match would be more boring most of the time with that minute to set up. With powerups on spawn you are forced to go for something immediately without having a clue as to what the enemy is doing or where they spawned and I love the anticipation at the very start of a match as to what I'm going to push for. I understand that no powerup spawns on start of match would probably be slightly more fair though and would let the better team set up and get control.

Positioning is almost as important on some maps though. I think set spawns in neutral locations that have equal opportunity for good positioning and powerups is key. Also I love the opening rush for powerups and control so I would prefer to keep that element alive.

I'd prefer having 6-8 starting spawns per map that each player can spawn on in order to keep games somewhat fair, while keeping a randomness element. I dislike how Halo 3-onward practically have scripted opening rushes.

I'd prefer having 6-8 starting spawns per map that each player can spawn on in order to keep games somewhat fair, while keeping a randomness element. I dislike how Halo 3-onward practically have scripted opening rushes.

Agreed

Possible to upload some of that? I mean I could just play 4v4 CE myself but I learn a lot watching the higher players.

I don't have any capped.  My large group of players from back home are spread across the country so I don't know if I will ever have footage of that now.  

So, I guess we should be updating the buglist. Confirmed fixes:

- Camo + Shotgun/AR bug fixed

- 4 starting grenades (!!)

Anything else

• Upvote (+1) 2

So, I guess we should be updating the buglist. Confirmed fixes:

- Camo + Shotgun/AR bug fixed

- 4 starting grenades (!!)

Anything else

They moved the Needle port on Chill Out back to where it was on OG, and Rockets on Derelict are 30s.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Shooting felt better (harder in a good way) to me before the 4/21 update, this is also the patch that re-broke the previously fixed plasma rifle and shotgun. If they made shooting more like it was at this time I'd be really happy.

is this still in the game?

magnetism back to normal or are bullets still extremly soaked into the middle of the spartan model?

(see mintogrades sniper video on chillout too)

Rockets still have autoaim.

The new pistol broke my brain. I'm getting into pistol fights where both of us miss all 12 shots.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Have to give it a couple of days seems like things are always worse on patch days maybe due to everyone downloading from xbox live. I hope they didnt screw it up for a month though....

I really like the update, but the pistol has me stumped. It feels like there is no aim assist or bullet magnetism at all. Granted it's been a while since I've played OG, but I don't think it's ever been this hard to hit anyone. 

I'd really like to see someone compare this to OG. I would but I don't have a capture card at the moment.

If it actually is exactly like on the XBox, then damn MCC has screwed me up.

Edit: There's definitely aim assist to some extent when the reticule turns red and lock's on to the enemy. Not sure wtf is wrong.

pistols definitely broken, its not that its hard like og, you cant even three someone walking in a straight line

The pistol is impossible for me to use. 8 shots or more to kill someone. Hope they can fix it quick. I've tweeted Bravo

I really like the update, but the pistol has me stumped. It feels like there is no aim assist or bullet magnetism at all. Granted it's been a while since I've played OG, but I don't think it's ever been this hard to hit anyone. 

I'd really like to see someone compare this to OG. I would but I don't have a capture card at the moment.

If it actually is exactly like on the XBox, then damn MCC has screwed me up.

It's nothing like on the Xbox. I ran MCC and OG side by side last week to test the differences in magnetism and aim assist, pistol magnetism especially, and found out that they were actually identical. Sounds weird, I know, because it is (or was, rather) definitely easier to shoot in MCC, but that might be due to 60 fps, more responsive controls and lag compensation, or whatever. But the hitboxes, magnetism and aim assist were all identical (on stationary targets), even for the H2A-easy sniper. This new update has virtually no aim assist for headshots.

It's nothing like on the Xbox. I ran MCC and OG side by side last week to test the differences in magnetism and aim assist, pistol magnetism especially, and found out that they were actually identical. Sounds weird, I know, because it is (or was, rather) definitely easier to shoot in MCC, but that might be due to 60 fps, more responsive controls and lag compensation, or whatever. But the hitboxes, magnetism and aim assist were all identical (on stationary targets), even for the H2A-easy sniper. This new update has virtually no aim assist for headshots.

Lag comp online made it easier. Stationary targets on LAN does feel identical, yes.

It feels like they've reduced the lag comp to me. Shots that should have hit were hitting when I just played a match. We need to test for another few hours to see if we can get used to it or if the game is broken somehow. My gut feeling is that it is just harder and less lag comp and bullet mag in online matches and we've been used to destroying people with ease for months.

There's still too much pistol spread though. They need to just eliminate spread completely, it makes a huge difference in who wins matches on big maps like Hang Em.

• Upvote (+1) 1

havent had a chance to test it yet but from the reading alone i like the concept of no magnetism, this further separates the wheat from the chaff

we probably are all just too used to the magnetism that we dont hit without it anymore, im sure after a few days of training the 3sk will come back as your aim adjusted to the new parameters

id like to hear you guys feedback in a few days about the magnetism again to see how much everyone can adapt to the new changes :)

ya i just played you on hangem vinnymendoza as walla walla, the spread is massive right now, its not even fun. i wont be playing till its fixed, four nades was nice though

Rockets still have autoaim.

The new pistol broke my brain. I'm getting into pistol fights where both of us miss all 12 shots.

I played a couple games of HeH earlier and just walked in a straight line to the rockets laughing at the people trying to shoot at me from red shotty. I also got into quite possibly my very first 24 shot pistol battle when we both used two clips and hit nothing but air. I have no idea how they turned the master chief into agent smith but I don't like it. Feels like I'm using the Halo 3 BR with bloom.