chaosTheory

Dedicated website for tracking Halo CE gameplay issues in MCC

Fixed, no idea about 10 min games.

AND FIXED.

Cool, well now if they just get that thing ranked, I'll start using it.

BUT 2 NADES

you want them to completely break the game trying to incorporate 2 extra nades? 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Didn't someone (insidious maybe) come to the conclusion that it would be really difficult to change it to 4 nades? Probably in this thread somewhere.

Cool, well now if they just get that thing ranked, I'll start using it.

343 is making progress on that front; instead of saying the other playlists will be ranked "soon," now they will be ranked "eventually." I wonder how many more months "eventually" will end up being.

you want them to completely break the game trying to incorporate 2 extra nades? 

its worth the risk!

Didn't someone (insidious maybe) come to the conclusion that it would be really difficult to change it to 4 nades? Probably in this thread somewhere.

im pretty sure he said it would be easy as fuck.

and i think jeff (the guy who made some 1.5 maps) has said multiple times it would be easy as fuck. 

You can edit the map file to change how many grenades each player gets off spawn.

I know that on the Xbox, anything with more than 4 players would just give everyone 2 grenades. PC didn't have this, and defaulted to 2 for everyone. I'm not sure if the PC version even has the capability for something like that, it may have been removed due to it supporting drop in/out play.

You can edit the map file to change how many grenades each player gets off spawn.

I know that on the Xbox, anything with more than 4 players would just give everyone 2 grenades. PC didn't have this, and defaulted to 2 for everyone. I'm not sure if the PC version even has the capability for something like that, it may have been removed due to it supporting drop in/out play.

"whoever coded this bullshit 2 nade stuff into game needs to be shot"

"it's weird that it's coded into the xbe rather than the map file like every other thing in the game haha"

"yea i know, everything else is changable in the map files, but this is a global event that is happening in code"

im pretty sure he said it would be easy as fuck.

and i think jeff (the guy who made some 1.5 maps) has said multiple times it would be easy as fuck. 

I don't think he said it's easy and infact I recall him asking the chat if they'd be fine playing with this 2 nade bullshit so he can move on and start working on the maps.

"at best, so far with scripting, I can get each player to spawn with 3 nades ONLY at the BEGINNING of the game, and I can probably replace multiplayer nades with campaign nades and have them on a timer to destroy at 30 secs and respawn, so atleast all nade spawns on the maps will have 4 nades every 30"

that's the last and best thing I heard from them. Issues they were facing, nades were spawning and despawning every 30 seconds, and there wouldn't always be 4 grenades in a location.

"With 5 or more players, the map never spawns any more than 10 nades and no less than 6 I think.

That's correct.

And with 9 or more players, the nades never spawn any more than 6 on the map but no less than 2 (I think). I could have those numbers wrong but it's something like that.

Also, 5 or more players there are no flashlights. Between 5-8 players the nades on spawn are 2 and when a player dies he drops one less nade that he is actually carrying. For 9-16 players, nade count on spawn drops to one and when a player dies he drops any random number of nades that he was carrying.

Therefore if he was carrying 2 nades and dies, he could drop 2 nades, 1 nade, or 0 nades."

it took me forever to find it but I thought there was more too. I gave up

I don't think he said it's easy and infact I recall him asking the chat if they'd be fine playing with this 2 nade bullshit so he can move on and start working on the maps.

"at best, so far with scripting, I can get each player to spawn with 3 nades ONLY at the BEGINNING of the game, and I can probably replace multiplayer nades with campaign nades and have them on a timer to destroy at 30 secs and respawn, so atleast all nade spawns on the maps will have 4 nades every 30"

that's the last and best thing I heard from them. Issues they were facing, nades were spawning and despawning every 30 seconds, and there wouldn't always be 4 grenades in a location.

"With 5 or more players, the map never spawns any more than 10 nades and no less than 6 I think.

That's correct.

And with 9 or more players, the nades never spawn any more than 6 on the map but no less than 2 (I think). I could have those numbers wrong but it's something like that.

Also, 5 or more players there are no flashlights. Between 5-8 players the nades on spawn are 2 and when a player dies he drops one less nade that he is actually carrying. For 9-16 players, nade count on spawn drops to one and when a player dies he drops any random number of nades that he was carrying.

Therefore if he was carrying 2 nades and dies, he could drop 2 nades, 1 nade, or 0 nades."

wasn't that for neutral host on xbox? So essentially there are 5 players in the game. I thought he was messing around with that because he couldn't get 4 nade spawn with 5 players in the game, not that he was trying to get 4 nade spawn on PC 2v2

the above aside, I'd take 3 nades starting over 2 while we wait for 4 nades. 

edit: also wtf, whats that convo from like 1 month+ ago? how do you even find it in that chat thats like 30mins of scrolling

Wouldn't 10 minutes be better than 20 for a 2v2?

Go easy on me I'm still learning this game...

Wouldn't 10 minutes be better than 20 for a 2v2?

Go easy on me I'm still learning this game...

if you're being srs, 10minutes is too short. People wouldn't be playing the game, they would be playing the clock. Games would go to time so much. There's discussion about this new game smash4. It turns out that when the time limit is 6mins instead of 5mins, the average match time is shorter because people don't get the chance to stall to time. 

damnation and chillout can become very stally. There have been matches where people camp snipe room/hallway with rockets for the full 2 minutes until new rockets spawn. that would be 20% of the game spent doing nothing! and legit on damnation you could get a 5 point lead and run away for at least a full minute. And if the other team just blindly charges you, you can catch them out of position. 

Heck the only games that end in under 10minutes are really priz games and derelict sometimes. Most are in the 10-16minute range. damnation can easily go over 20minutes. This isn't a tournament with a schedule, this is 4 people playing a game they like. The time limit is there just to prevent people from glitching out of the map and causing the game to go on forever. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

if you're being srs, 10minutes is too short. People wouldn't be playing the game, they would be playing the clock. Games would go to time so much. There's discussion about this new game smash4. It turns out that when the time limit is 6mins instead of 5mins, the average match time is shorter because people don't get the chance to stall to time. 

damnation and chillout can become very stally. There have been matches where people camp snipe room/hallway with rockets for the full 2 minutes until new rockets spawn. that would be 20% of the game spent doing nothing! and legit on damnation you could get a 5 point lead and run away for at least a full minute. And if the other team just blindly charges you, you can catch them out of position. 

Heck the only games that end in under 10minutes are really priz games and derelict sometimes. Most are in the 10-16minute range. damnation can easily go over 20minutes. This isn't a tournament with a schedule, this is 4 people playing a game they like. The time limit is there just to prevent people from glitching out of the map and causing the game to go on forever. 

Thanks for that, I honestly didn't know. I thought shorter would be better for 2v2 as your usual 4v4 slayer game lasts 6-8 minutes. However, knowing the stalemates of Dammy/Chillout I can easily see your point.

Thanks for that, I honestly didn't know. I thought shorter would be better for 2v2 as your usual 4v4 slayer game lasts 6-8 minutes. However, knowing the stalemates of Dammy/Chillout I can easily see your point.

H1 is played to 50 in 2v2. It only makes sense to have comparatively longer time limits.

Concerning starting nades: this can be handled server-side on Halo PC, but only with a server mod (SAPP). I have it set up on my server, it's a simple event that goes something like: if maxplayers<5, when player spawns set nades to 4 frag.

Again, just like the OG maps, unpaid Halo PC kids can do a better job than self-proclaimed AAA developer 343i.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Concerning starting nades: this can be handled server-side on Halo PC, but only with a server mod (SAPP). I have it set up on my server, it's a simple event that goes something like: if maxplayers<5, when player spawns set nades to 4 frag. Again, just like the OG maps, unpaid Halo PC kids can do a better job than self-proclaimed AAA developer 343i.

They might already have some server-side scripting capability on MCC. The weapon rotations and dropping-empty-power-weapon changes were both done through a gametype update instead of a client update. If I had to guess, the gametypes we see (Slayer Pro, Snipers, etc.) also include server parameters and scripts to be run by the host. Some evidence of this is how only some gametypes have the weapon rotation fix.

If the weapon rotation fix was done through scripting, starting grenades could potentially be changed the same way.