chaosTheory

Dedicated website for tracking Halo CE gameplay issues in MCC

There are alot of expert game developers ITT. Please guys tell me more about porting games to other consoles.

I'm not a game dev but the best porters take the final retail product and reverse engineer the code and get it to work on PC. Then they port it to whatever architecture on the console they are porting to. In the case of Xbone, it's very close to PC so it wouldn't have been too difficult to port the PC version to Xbone. The netcode was the hard part.

yeah just mcc things.

and relyx i mean i showed u my vid of shotgun not hitting camo, you shouldn't have been that speechless by now!

reverse engineer the code

"Reverse engineering" usually refers to de-compiling a finished product. If you have the source code, you re-write the code to match the new hardware.

@@Hard Way this is why your AR wasn't pinging my Camo

Well that explains a lot.  I could feel my brain melting when my AR didn't light you up.  It was just like, "Ok, everything else, and now this? Really?"

yeah just mcc things.

and relyx i mean i showed u my vid of shotgun not hitting camo, you shouldn't have been that speechless by now!

I didn't realize it wasn't doing damage, I just thought it wasn't taking him out of camo.

So I think we can conclude that the people charged with adjusting the code are just clicking keys and left clicking the mouse to see what happens.

So I think we can conclude that the people charged with adjusting the code are just clicking keys and left clicking the mouse to see what happens.

enhanced-14836-1414320930-8.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 4

I didn't realize it wasn't doing damage, I just thought it wasn't taking him out of camo.

bro I felt the same way about this one hang em game I played. Guy was between camo and shotty and I saw him before he saw me, sprayed him....and nothing happened. Dude turned around and easy mcc 3'd me...I was utterly disgusted. I thought I was missing with the AR  <_<

Are we sure the pistol is not succumbing to this glitch in some cases? I swear I'm hitting camo guys in some games with the pistol and it doesn't register, but maybe I just suck dick lolz

@@Mintograde can you add infinity to halospawns.com? 

It'd actually be pretty cool if you added Halo 1 Final maps in. I know this is mainly for new players on MCC but it'd still be nice to get some of those percentages visually for the new maps.

A few times I have been standing on the new camo as my faded and even though I see myself as camo my partner told me I wasnt camo and the other team shot me across map like I wasnt camo. Last night it happened to my teamate he said I got the new camo I looked at him and was like dude you are not camo... Looks like im going to have to let the old one run out to be sure to avoid this. This has to be happening to other people too right?

A few times I have been standing on the new camo as my faded and even though I see myself as camo my partner told me I wasnt camo and the other team shot me across map like I wasnt camo. Last night it happened to my teamate he said I got the new camo I looked at him and was like dude you are not camo... Looks like im going to have to let the old one run out to be sure to avoid this. This has to be happening to other people too right?

Fairly certain yes.  I was starting to think that my eyes were worse than everyone's, since they seemed to see and shoot me when I had camo no problem but I can never see camo guys.  But it is probably not working if you don't let camo run out.

Does this happen to os aswell?

Has someone tested this yet? My guess is the answer is yes, and that it's related to fact that you can't shoot down upgrades on Rat Race with the shotgun or AR post-update.

Does this happen to os aswell?

No, me and @@Sitri tested.

• Upvote (+1) 1

ugh... i hadn't even thought about it going the other way. i've definitely been shot cross-map while camo and was absolutely befuddled by it.

but it would make sense... the discrepancy can be on anyone's screen. you don't see your own camo, SOME others do. or you do see it, and others see you in bright red armor. this is fantastic. you'll literally never know which one of your enemies can see you after you perpetuate camo.

and letting the old one run out can completely fuck you over, especially at top powerup in hang em.

We should get a group of people in a game and test this out to make an in depth video for 343. I would suggest doing it on wizard because of the two camos making it more likely to happen.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Funny story on the game that we figured it out on, I just now realized it happened twice on same game. I die as camo comes up when I respawn I say to blade what happened to camo. He says I got it. I look at him and hes not camo so I say, you burnt it? He said no, I got it. I just think to myself he clearly isn't understanding what im asking so I finish by saying....so they dont have camo? He says no.... and he is probably thinking im the dumb one at this point. Anyway I didnt even realise what happened there until just now. Later the same game they knock camo down in shottys he jumps down gets it and says I got camo rocks. I look at him and say you got camo right now? He says ya then I tell him not on my screen you don't...... We then realize there is a problem.

• Upvote (+1) 1