chaosTheory

Dedicated website for tracking Halo CE gameplay issues in MCC

Ya sniping is even easier then it already was too. Thats why I said unless they make pistol/sniping harder again im done with this game. I liked it alot last 2 months and have been playing it like 4 nights a week. Now thats its super easy again I dont....its personal choice but I mean I quit playing halo 2 because of how easy shooting was too. Just doesnt apeal to me, maybe others prefer it this way and thats fine. Im pretty sure ogre 2 doesnt like being 3 shot by scrubs either, last night on toxin' s stream he called the mcc version of ce "nonsense" and right now it just is.

I mean I think we're dealing with hyperbole here from some of the OG guys, and I understand it's because they're put a gazillion hours of top level play into H1 and any minor adjustment feels like shit. But being a god with the pistol still translates well to MCC and you can still fight back from one shot down. It's not even close to as easy as H2. It is an inferior skillgap to OG for sure and can still use some tweaking, but like I said I prefer consistency between host and peer than the host consistently getting shit on like before. I think the tournament would have been a total shitshow watching whoever has host get stomped. I think the current state of the game is "acceptable" level. If they can tweak the pistol every week or so and keep asking for community feedback that would be nice... instead we keep seeing these swings from too hard and inconsistent to consistent but too easy. There has to be a happy medium here that will elevate MCC version of H1 to top tier again.

And yeah I agree sniping is too easy and that hasn't been addressed at all really.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I think a lot of inconsistency with the pistol has to due with the magnetism. 
I have 3 clips here that are post april patch showing different examples of magnetism

https://youtu.be/Wy9dSkZktzs
1: No Magnetism at all.

2: little bit of either too much magnetism or reverse magnetism.

3: Complete reverse magnetism. Bullets are outside of reticle.

Trigger was not held down in any of the clips.

• Upvote (+1) 3

So I think a lot of inconsistency with the pistol has to due with the magnetism. 

I have 3 clips here that are post april patch showing different examples of magnetism

WOW

have you been host in the first game?

Hasuku, I think your theory is interesting, as I too have noticed instances where shots that looked like they should hit didn't. I have seen a lot of instances similar to your clip on the player bottom red door on Dammy, where a player is standing still and it takes me 5+ shots to kill that player. Previously I attributed this to the larger pistol spread when compared to OG, but it seems like you are onto something here.

Ok, that might sound stupid and will make a lot of hardcore HCE player laugh but this isn't how it's supposed to be?!

I didn't play the original HCE for a long time before MCC came out and I started to believe that this is how the pistol should work because I'm getting those situations so damn often..(I know, go ahead laugh)

And I still have problems with the hit detection...

8-shot-kill

I think this happened to me and I didn't realize it with a few rockets that I shot and they would curve into a wall. 

I thought maybe it was just online and my shot delaying to come out was the cause! This game is so busted.

Relyx, could this also be linked to why strafing to dodge bullets isnt working for me like it did before patch? or is that unrelated?

Relyx, could this also be linked to why strafing to dodge bullets isnt working for me like it did before patch? or is that unrelated?

I think that has more to do with autoaim. Even that is just a guess, I honestly have no real info to give. I haven't found any good comparison shots between different players on different connections, where two players try the same shot and only one hits. I'm not about to devote my life to watching Twitch VODs to find the perfect clip, either.

I'd love it if someone from 343 could drop a line somewhere saying "yeah, here's the list of network factors that affect autoaim." It's way too easy to shoot in this patch, and every game I feel like I'm given a bunch of 3-shots I didn't earn.

I think that has more to do with autoaim. Even that is just a guess, I honestly have no real info to give. I haven't found any good comparison shots between different players on different connections, where two players try the same shot and only one hits. I'm not about to devote my life to watching Twitch VODs to find the perfect clip, either.

I'd love it if someone from 343 could drop a line somewhere saying "yeah, here's the list of network factors that affect autoaim." It's way too easy to shoot in this patch, and every game I feel like I'm given a bunch of 3-shots I didn't earn.

My problem is I've always had one way of shooting and I've never changed it so my pistol goes from absolute shit to perfect depending on what patch or host I'm on...

its kinda funny lol

• Upvote (+1) 2

I should mention again that those videos I posted were from a couple months ago (before the March update). In the current patch, these things are mostly gone, except for some rare cases, and I wasn't able to reproduce the "bullets in random directions" clips at all. Some clips from today (offhost and onhost):

• Upvote (+1) 2

Rat Race OS/camo can only be knocked down with a pistol (and nade splash) currently. This is obviously crucial as Rat Race makes up 86% of MM.

Edit: If anyone has the chance to confirm, please do.

Edit 2: That's crazy, Minto.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Rat Race OS/camo can only be knocked down with a pistol (and nade splash) currently. This is obviously crucial as Rat Race makes up 86% of MM.

Edit: If anyone has the chance to confirm, please do. I can record my POV if necessary.

Already added to the site. As far as I know, it's just AR and Shotgun that don't work - if that's incorrect let me know. http://www.halobugs.com/#?b=141

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I thought it was pretty ironic that after I read/responded to Minto's theory about magnetism being the culprit with how inconsistent the pistol can be, that I was able to capture a clip of the pistol seemingly not working. Before anyone asks, the trigger was not held down, and I could not hear zooming sounds (so in theory I wasn't host).

Check it out, and let me know what you think.

xboxdvr.com/BR%20N00b/fbbd152f-5197-47e5-b8aa-72279b5daa8d/embed

A couple observations about the last Chill Out video I posted. When the center of the reticle was on an exposed part of the player, I got a hit at that intersecting point on the player (not the center of the body part). When the center of the reticle was farther away from the player, I missed and hit the back wall. My shots were only redirected into the lower wall when my reticle was just barely missing. In other words, in this patch your bullets only go to the center of a body part when you're missing by just enough to get assistance, where in some previous patches ALL hits went to the center of a body part.

So I thought it was pretty ironic that after I read/responded to Minto's theory about magnetism being the culprit with how inconsistent the pistol can be, that I was able to capture a clip of the pistol seemingly not working. Before anyone asks, the trigger was not held down, and I could not hear zooming sounds (so in theory I wasn't host).

Check it out, and let me know what you think.

xboxdvr.com/BR%20N00b/fbbd152f-5197-47e5-b8aa-72279b5daa8d/embed

Maybe standing still has something to do with it? Maybe there's greater leeway when the game's not 100% sure where players are. A similar sort of thing happens when Hasuku's standing still in his first clip a few posts back.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Maybe standing still has something to do with it? Maybe there's greater leeway when the game's not 100% sure where players are. A similar sort of thing happens when Hasuku's standing still in his first clip a few posts back.

Yeah I don't know what to think. The shots that hit in my clip were less precise than the shots that missed......

This is an honest question. How hard would it be for 343 to start from scratch with an exact duplicate of OG's aiming/magnetism settings, and add basic lag compensation? Basically, XBC with little or no input lag?