chaosTheory

Dedicated website for tracking Halo CE gameplay issues in MCC

I didn't realise it was bad for you.....my teamate said it was good for him. I'm always down to pass up host just lemme know next time..

i mean got to practice against every type anyway. im prob like 150miles from u too. but instead of feeling like host it felt like xbc.

or maybe it was just the infamous birthday boy host

In MM i start late almost every fucking game. 95% would probably be about accurate, sometimes i the game is 2 minutes in before i actually get put in the game. or i just get returned to the main menu.. Any one else deal with this bullshit?

• Upvote (+1) 1

In MM i start late almost every fucking game. 95% would probably be about accurate, sometimes i the game is 2 minutes in before i actually get put in the game. or i just get returned to the main menu.. Any one else deal with this bullshit?

I've been dealing with it off and on since the game came out. In my experience, when it starts happening, it will happen several games in a row. It seems like 2 minutes is the cutoff point for actually connecting to the game - after 2 minutes on the load screen it will put me in a game by myself.

I've even had it happen in solo custom games. When I was starting and ending games to test game settings, I joined 11 out of 21 games 1+ minutes late. I even hard reset my box after the first couple, just to see if it would help, but I joined the next game late anyway.

In this latest patch, though, I've noticed it's happening more frequently. Some games will have multiple people joining late.

I think a better question is what havent I dealt with in MCC?

@@Hasuku CE, does the late spawning thing happen more often when you're signed into multiple accounts at the same time? I think that was the case for me. I haven't really seen a pattern other than multiple accounts, late at night, or after my Xbox has been on for a few hours (all could easily be coincidences, too).

I can tell you that connection speed has no impact on how late you start because I start late also and speedtest just showed 751 Mbps down and 233 Mbps up. Everyone always comments and says how easily shots register against me now as opposed to how it was before I upgraded my connection. I want it to take 6-8 shots for someone to kill me just like it takes me that much to kill them now despite the shots being all headshots lol. Let's see how easily shots register against me in matchmaking once I install net zero internet to specifically play halo MCC on. 6mbps down and 0.5 Mbps up. I won't be warping all over the place, but at least it will be an even playing field until they fix this shit. No point in having a fast connection that puts you at a disadvantage and everyone else at an advantage.

Let's see how easily shots register against me in matchmaking once I install net zero internet to specifically play halo MCC on. 6mbps down and 0.5 Mbps up. I won't be warping all over the place, but at least it will be an even playing field until they fix this shit. No point in having a fast connection that puts you at a disadvantage and everyone else at an advantage.

pay attention, with such actions you can easily get into the cheating region on XBL and PSN

altering your connection to get a better experience can be regarded as cheating if its done in certain ways

zero internet is a free internet ISP as far as i know so you should be fine as its an actual internet provider

but eg if you would download and install a software or hardware that degrades your current internet up and download speed, or even worse it increases your ping, you are breaking the ToS of XBL and PSN

here the excerpts of the ToS, you can find a better construction of these lines on their homepages or from the support

• Do not take any action to cause degradation of service for Microsoft or other users, including but not limited to network interference or manipulation." (XBL)
  • You may not cause disruption to or modify or damage any account, system, hardware, software, or network connected to or provided by SEN for any reason, including for the purpose of gaining an unfair advantage in a game. (PSN)

sure the odds are low to be actually caught, but i dont want you to risk your XBL account for a game with an old netcode

There are alot of people with really fast internet that play good, im not convinced thats completely true. Snipysnap had awesome internet in florida and he won more online tournaments then anyone other then maybe toxin and mando.

There are alot of people with really fast internet that play good, im not convinced thats completely true. Snipysnap had awesome internet in florida and he won more online tournaments then anyone other then maybe toxin and mando.

I think that the last update has something to do with good connections now being at a disadvantage.  The tournaments that snippy won on his fast FL connection were pre-update.  

When I go to my brother's house to play, I notice that I'm much harder to take down on his connection than on my fiber connection.  

The use of net zero which runs around $10 a month won't get anyone banned from live.  

I think that the last update has something to do with good connections now being at a disadvantage.  The tournaments that snippy won on his fast FL connection were pre-update.  

When I go to my brother's house to play, I notice that I'm much harder to take down on his connection than on my fiber connection.  

The use of net zero which runs around $10 a month won't get anyone banned from live.  

last tournament we won was on this current patch, and i hosted the majority of the games.

last tournament we won was on this current patch, and i hosted the majority of the games.

What were your thoughts on pistol use while hosting on current patch vs pre-patch?  I just played some match making games and on some people, the shots register fine and on others, they just eat bullets.  Controlling OS the whole game.  I just want this shit to be consistent.

For me both matchmaking and customs got a lot better after this last patch unless you are host, but I don't have crazy internet mine is 24mb down and 2mb up. I still find some people a little harder to kill then others but I think its just due to something they have going on their end that makes them seem glitchy. But hit detection is best its ever been for me, I had way more people eating bullets before this last patch. I will say it seems like people that are streaming through the xbox one app are always harder to kill for me then when they are not streaming. I cant stream because people say I skip around, some people that don't quite skip still shouldn't do it in my opinion.

For me both matchmaking and customs got a lot better after this last patch unless you are host, but I don't have crazy internet mine is 24mb down and 2mb up. I still find some people a little harder to kill then others but I think its just due to something they have going on their end that makes them seem glitchy. But hit detection is best its ever been for me, I had way more people eating bullets before this last patch. I will say it seems like people that are streaming through the xbox one app are always harder to kill for me then when they are not streaming. I cant stream because people say I skip around, some people that don't quite skip still shouldn't do it in my opinion.

If you only have 2mb up, then you may be just as hard to kill as the people you are saying are harder to kill.  I do think that there is more to this than streaming vs non streaming and overall connection speed however.  It's not our jobs to figure it out though.  It's our jobs to buy the game and play halo "just as remembered it"  

I miss the days when you couldn't patch a game after release on console because there was no way to do so and it had to be made correctly before putting it on a store shelf.

So I mentioned earlier about how playing in really high ping some how made your shots easier to hit like against European hosts and stuff. Well I dont think that happens in matchmaking which is really good for when that gets ranked. I played at a local noob friend's house who's net is so bad he coudlnt even xbc with me. He pinged 120 to me 20 miles away.....I was thinking hmm playing on his net should be a huge advantage in this game, and it was in the custom games we played. But we joined in like 10 matchmaking games and aiming had to be good just like when I play at my house in a normal ping. So my question is for like mat logan and the other guys out of the country that notice the high ping advantage. Do you get this advantage in matchmaking as well?

i havent noticed any difference in customs or matchmaking on high ping hosts, same for the easier to hit assumption on high ping hosts

all you need to do is to aim slightly more, my guess is that for some people this is easier than aiming a lot closer to the body, hence the idea of high ping being easier to aim

id like like to see some video comparison cause for me it sounds like a made-up thing

all my EU friends do hit better on their EU hosts than on US hosts

same for my US friends when they play on my EU host, they prefer to play on their own rather than playing with high pings

i always hear the same complaint about not hitting anyone in the party then

so far only a handfull of people claimed to notice this easier to hit on high ping host theory, and pretty much all of them do have general network and connection issues

that should be looked into as well

also

a lot of people play 99% on medium and low ping hosts, then they play that one single game on a high ping custom host

they are required to aim slightly different, something that they arent really used to

you surely can imagine what i mean

i play EU and US custom hosts like 50-50, and i havent noticed any actual difference in hitting my opponents aside from aiming slightly more or less

Beam I honestly dunno whats up with your net but naker(who is from overseas) was playing me and an xbc friend the other night on my host and he was coming in first almost every game and not missing many shots at all. We had him host after the series and me and my partner didnt miss. It completely flip floped and we went from losing most games on my host to beating him 50-20s on a chill out on his host and then he wouldn't host anymore after that game... Also when I was playing on my friends high ping net this afternoon snipes and pistol shots hardly ever missed in the customs games we played. Even my friends noob ass was blaining like a vet lol. But the point of this is we joined match making and it went away, sniping went back to the way it should be. I was actually happy about that maybe it will make ranks alot more legit.

Beam what times do you usually play eastern standard time? I would like to try your host one night and see if its different from the 4 other overseas hosts i played on.

sure we can do that, i usually play around 12-13 o clock EST, sometimes also later

would be good if you have a few more US friends so we can instantly change back to an US host (not you as the host as on-host then), that way you will see that the hitbox and magnetism is just as large and strong as on a US host when eg walking straight lines

tried it a few times already with US friends, there isnt any difference except for like pre-aiming half a crosshair more and the stronger interpolation of the netcode hitbox position ofc (which might be a candidate for why some people experience the aim easier)

GT = beamimpact

Should this be a hit or a miss? If momentum's properly in the game when hosting, I shouldn't have to lead that shot, right? Anybody want to take a stab at replicating this on OG or MCC offhost? It could be a good benchmark for changes in the next patch.

my guess:

you just happened to have 2 very very unlucky spread bullets in a row (shots 4 and 5), especially the last bullet you slow-moed in the video

aim was fine as the first three shots did hit, just not the spread/recoil of the two follow-up shots

Should this be a hit or a miss? If momentum's properly in the game when hosting, I shouldn't have to lead that shot, right? Anybody want to take a stab at replicating this on OG or MCC offhost? It could be a good benchmark for changes in the next patch.

probably should have hit you were so close. also what the guy above me said you could have held it down for a bit but srsly even with that the 1st bullet spread should have connected anyway

I was watching toxin stream early and he was on host and people were eating his shots.

well when i say people, i mean it was vs mando.

Oh that reminds me I played bobby blitz 2 nights ago with logic and he is skipping around and eatting bullets as bad as ever. Is he signed up for this tournament and allowed to play in it?