chaosTheory

Dedicated website for tracking Halo CE gameplay issues in MCC

Not sure if this has already been posted.  We've all see instances of rockets/grenades disappearing even though the shooting or throwing animation was seen on screen.  This is one of those times, but instead the rocket fires a few seconds after the animation and even after I had already switched to my pistol and back to rockets.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Not sure if this has already been posted.  We've all see instances of rockets/grenades disappearing even though the shooting or throwing animation was seen on screen.  This is one of those times, but instead the rocket fires a few seconds after the animation and even after I had already switched to my pistol and back to rockets.

lmaooooooooooooo

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone else noticed that you get more shot compensation with a higher ping? Everytime I am shooting amazing I ask the person where they are from and they say like California or Washington (im from nc). I personally think that is one of the reasons sn1py and toxin do so well together because when one hosts the other one has the maximum amount of compensation. Being from Washington and Florida one of them is going to always have a high ping no matter where the host is located. However I have noticed it has to be a legit high ping though if you just open up torrents to make your ping high you get loads of ghost rockets and ghost nades and the game just feels laggy.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone else noticed that you get more shot compensation with a higher ping? Everytime I am shooting amazing I ask the person where they are from and they say like California or Washington (im from nc). I personally think that is one of the reasons sn1py and toxin do so well together because when one hosts the other one has the maximum amount of compensation. Being from Washington and Florida one of them is going to always have a high ping no matter where the host is located. However I have noticed it has to be a legit high ping though if you just open up torrents to make your ping high you get loads of ghost rockets and ghost nades and the game just feels laggy.

I play from Hawaii, and I frequently play people who just don't die.  I've gotten used to how to compensate for lag, and how my shot doesn't come out right away on some connections and all of that.  But there are still several people, probably one in every other game, who eat the living shit out of my shots.  I'm talking standing still at fairly close range, or jumping directly at me.  My shots just don't count.  And then you get all the people who jitter when they strafe.  They're nearly impossible to outshoot.  Yeah, sniping is pretty fucking easy, and when my shots actually register I wouldn't say pistoling is difficult, but playing from here damn sure doesn't feel like an advantage to me.  I'd give back easier shooting for better shot registration any day.

i am from EU and i mostly play on US hosts now, there really isnt any shot compensation but you are required to lead far more than regular on high pings

for some people its easier to lead more, at least thats what i researched from US people playing on my EU host

have a a 1v1 with a local and let him walk a straight line, then do the same on a high ping host

the amount of lead changes quite a lot, i wouldnt really call it a compensation or anything as that would mean the lead remains the same, or something like that

There isn't ANY compensation you say...? I assume you don't play often on European hosts, let alone on your own host to say that. I'm not going to lie, I play a lot on US hosts and pistoling is far easier than on any European host, especially since the last patch was released, and this is because of compensation, nothing else. I don't know of you have played XBC on American hosts before, but if you have you should know what it is like to play with zero compensation.

On Mcc, the amount of cross map three shots I get on american hosts is just ridiculous, especially on Hang em high, where pistoling is the hardest on host. However, because of the high ping, grenades and rockets are quite delayed and this counterbalances the easy pistoling on some maps. Shooting rockets precisely on prisoner or chill out is super hard for instance, and one can forget about nade kills, especially death nades.

Overall, I wouldn't say it is easier to play on high ping hosts, but pistoling and sniping is for sure.

There isn't ANY compensation you say...? I assume you don't play often on European hosts, let alone on your own host to say that. I'm not going to lie, I play a lot on US hosts and pistoling is far easier than on any European host, especially since the last patch was released, and this is because of compensation, nothing else. I don't know of you have played XBC on American hosts before, but if you have you should know what it is like to play with zero compensation.

On Mcc, the amount of cross map three shots I get on american hosts is just ridiculous, especially on Hang em high, where pistoling is the hardest on host. However, because of the high ping, grenades and rockets are quite delayed and this counterbalances the easy pistoling on some maps. Shooting rockets precisely on prisoner or chill out is super hard for instance, and one can forget about nade kills, especially death nades.

Overall, I wouldn't say it is easier to play on high ping hosts, but pistoling and sniping is for sure.

Thanks for that I didnt think there was anyway it was just chance im always shooting best on west coast servers. I was looking further into it aparently tf2 a popular computer game is the same way they have EU people getting on US servers picking sniping class and shooting lights out. They also say all other classes are worse in higher pings. Anyway I thought I would point this out with the online tournaments you might want to get a teamate far away and let the lower ping/host do the rocks and whoring and stuff and the higher ping be in charge of the support slaying. There is a guy from washington I was teaming with in customs and I was easily outshooting some people I dont usually outshoot.

make a party with your french friend and he is the host, let him walk 100% straight lines and preshoot him

ask an US friend that doesnt live near the east coast to do the same on his host, same procedure

youll see that on EU host you barely have to lead (few pixels) but on US host you have to lead 1-2 spartan models

you can do a more extreme example when playing with AUS friends that people from EU usually have a ping of 300+ to

that might be the better example actually

if you do that you can quite easily also figure out the size of the hitbox, its just as large as on a local EU host

imo this whole compensation thing just comes from the aim assistant kicking in way more often as you have to do longer strafe aims on high ping hosts which trigger the aim assistant better

it makes quite a difference for the aim assistant if you strafe aim from a few pixels left of the head to a few pixels right of the head or the same again but with a lot more pixels in between

the longer and more constant an aim movement on a console is the faster youll benefit from aim assistant

You do have to lead more for sure, but not that much, and when it comes to being accurate, the game is way more forgiving with people with high pings. Everyone has a better pistol on cross Atlantic hosts for that reason.

Beamimpact I cant tell you if its more aim assist or more bullet magnetism with higher pings, you may very well be right I dont understand the technical side of it. But the fact is on most west coast servers my shot is getting way better and my ability to aim is not . I was reading about the tf2 game where some snipers do really well in high ping but usually not aginst others snipers in low ping. The way that game works is with higher ping you dont have to be as acurate because if you have a ping of 150 and miss the shot but you are within 150 ms of the shot it gives it to you. However if you are up against another sniper with a low ping he will see you first and if he is a good shot he usually wins. Im not sure if that is whats happening in this game or not.

Beamimpact I cant tell you if its more aim assist or more bullet magnetism with higher pings

yes thats the thing i havent looked into much yet, i hoped maybe logan or some other player had more knowledge on this on high ping hosts

if theres any compensation then probably with the bullet magnetism, it would be way easier to programm and implement than other potential compensation features

I looked through the site and perhaps I just missed it but I didn't see the OS on priz listed as bugged. In H1 you can get behind it with your partner and with a well placed nade, double up on OS after it has spawned. In MCC you can't get behind it. 

I looked through the site and perhaps I just missed it but I didn't see the OS on priz listed as bugged. In H1 you can get behind it with your partner and with a well placed nade, double up on OS after it has spawned. In MCC you can't get behind it. 

The odds of 343i fixing this are one in a million.

I play from Hawaii, and I frequently play people who just don't die.  I've gotten used to how to compensate for lag, and how my shot doesn't come out right away on some connections and all of that.  But there are still several people, probably one in every other game, who eat the living shit out of my shots.  I'm talking standing still at fairly close range, or jumping directly at me.  My shots just don't count.  And then you get all the people who jitter when they strafe.  They're nearly impossible to outshoot.  Yeah, sniping is pretty fucking easy, and when my shots actually register I wouldn't say pistoling is difficult, but playing from here damn sure doesn't feel like an advantage to me.  I'd give back easier shooting for better shot registration any day.

The game definitely favors players with a high ping.  I have a fiber optic connection with 900 Mbps down and 250 Mbps up and it doesn't matter if I host or join, everyone eats bullets and you have to play completely different than OG because you are easy to hit.  Prior to the connection upgrade and 343 update, I was eating bullets and 3 shotting people like it was nothing lol

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=bfb143a68ee28ceb&id=bfb143a68ee28ceb%21163&ithint=video,mp4&authkey=!AIivQXvea4IaR4A

I'll I'm thinking to myself while playing these 2v2's is wow, this would be so much fun if the game wasn't such shit and things worked the way they are suppose to......

An interesting thing happened in match making today.  I naded fresh rocks down in chillout and I couldn't pick them up while they were on the floor.

Not sure if this is a new bug but I have a clip that I can upload later if it is.

Are we talking about sharing it as it spawns? Or some trickery at a higher level than me?

Because I'm certain I've shared OS on priz before...

Are we talking about sharing it as it spawns? Or some trickery at a higher level than me?

Because I'm certain I've shared OS on priz before...

He's talking about sharing the OS after it's already sitting there by grenading it into both of you at the same time. You can technically do it from the front, too, but it's easier to get yourselves lined up when you have a wall at your back.

Ok, so I got to play against someone in match making that had a fiber optic connection that pulled host.  I was able to hit him in 3-5 shots when he had no OS. Felt just like LAN, which is exactly how this game needs to be, for ALL players playing.

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=bfb143a68ee28ceb&id=bfb143a68ee28ceb%21178&ithint=video,mp4&authkey=!AAQ1XEJETNgibzE

Now I know what it feels like for others when they are shooting me and why the shots connect so easily on me while they just eat my bullets. They don't warp, but the shots just don't register properly.  In order to have a game where I'm on an even playing field, it looks like I need to bring in a second connection that is on par with what I'm playing against, which is typically 1mbps upload speeds and 75 ping, not 250mpbs and 25 ping like I have.

He's talking about sharing the OS after it's already sitting there by grenading it into both of you at the same time. You can technically do it from the front, too, but it's easier to get yourselves lined up when you have a wall at your back.

Do you know off-hand if if it's possible on Halo PC?

If so I'll have to fix it for my server

Do you know off-hand if if it's possible on Halo PC?

If so I'll have to fix it for my server

Just checked, and it's not possible to walk behind the overshield on PC.

Edit: if you mean sharing already-spawned powerups in general, I'm not sure.

• Upvote (+1) 1

holbrys host is like some xbc shit

I didn't realise it was bad for you.....my teamate said it was good for him. I'm always down to pass up host just lemme know next time..

I didn't realise it was bad for you.....my teamate said it was good for him. I'm always down to pass up host just lemme know next time..

we need stronger rockets against your host lol...good times tho...till next time