chaosTheory

Dedicated website for tracking Halo CE gameplay issues in MCC

Yeah, host in this game is complete asscheeks. It's a weird anomaly to say the least

Could you imagine the large scale tournament for OG CE if every person who says MCC is a waste and we should be lanning OG put up $100 for the prize pool?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Holby your experiences really sound like your internet connection is causing those issues, would actually make perfect sense

your connection could have quite some packet loss, or incase your speed is generally quite low you might further suffer from inconsistent available bandwidth

especially in the evening when lots of people are online the bandwidth speeds usually degrade with poor ISPs

it could also be the dslam or your distance to it if you have such a type of connection, or your LAN environment in your household

what i want to say is that there is actually something you can try to do against this

id definitely have a call with your ISP about it

worthfull try 1: ask thebo if you can have his IP so you can trace-ping him several times

you most likely will find some hops that actually time-out, notify those servers and tell your ISP about it

worthfull try 2: ping 8.8.8.8 while nothing else is connected to the router

for most ISPs its a good indication of your "last mile" ping, basically the minimum ping that you will have under the very best online circumstances

it shouldnt be higher than 30-60ms

worthfull try 3: good routers can let you see how high the damphening and sync rate to the distribution point is

you can get that info from your ISP too though

if its too bad you can ask your ISP about steps to make it better

• Upvote (+1) 1

When I get home today ill definately try those things because I want nothing more then to be able to have better expierence while playing this game. Disabling wireless when I play has definately made my expierence better. I have att u verse vdsl and they make us use their modem/router combo, its made by 2 wire I bet its crappy.

m8 if there was 180 glitch in mcc, when this guy rocketed me and i was launched 4 stories upward, i wouldn't have been able to 180 quick scope him in the dome while I was sailing to the moon. 

If there was 180 glitch I would never be able to hit shots like this.

Aww, Snipy thinks the 180 glitch and misfiring from Nades/rockets are the same thing.

That's cute.

Aww, Snipy thinks the 180 glitch and misfiring from Nades/rockets are the same thing.

That's cute.

Whatttttttttttttttttttttt Kappa

Regarding host issues, I've been playing host a lot just because it forces me to aim better. Hopefully it's helping me for normal games. It is very frustrating when you lose duels that are easy mode for everyone else though.

One thing all halos have in common is that host is an advantage. Right now on MCC it's a disadvantage. I'm okay with how its working but only if they make it just as hard to shoot off host. It's like switching from hardcore mode to rookie mode when going from on host to o=

Regarding host issues, I've been playing host a lot just because it forces me to aim better. Hopefully it's helping me for normal games. It is very frustrating when you lose duels that are easy mode for everyone else though.

It's the same way in Halo 3, Reach, H2A and Halo 4. Not so much OGH2 because of the extreme auto-aim. But host requires you to be more accurate in those 4 games for sure. Not only is the auto aim decreased when your on host but the magnetism is much lower. Much like the pistol now, the br on host in h3 was just as random. The best bet was to keep your shot consistent and focus less on using the utility weapon and more focus on hitting your shots with powerweapons and nade placement. I hosted a lot on H3 and Reach and even though you tanked shots like a hungry hippo, you couldn't contest hardly any fights with your starting weapon. OGH1 and OGH2 had the most ridiculous over powered host advantages, I'm guessing we are just seeing developers trying to sand it down in the coding.

It's the same way in Halo 3, Reach, H2A and Halo 4. Not so much OGH2 because of the extreme auto-aim. But host requires you to be more accurate in those 4 games for sure. Not only is the auto aim decreased when your on host but the magnetism is much lower. Much like the pistol now, the br on host in h3 was just as random. The best bet was to keep your shot consistent and focus less on using the utility weapon and more focus on hitting your shots with powerweapons and nade placement. I hosted a lot on H3 and Reach and even though you tanked shots like a hungry hippo, you couldn't contest hardly any fights with your starting weapon. OGH1 and OGH2 had the most ridiculous over powered host advantages, I'm guessing we are just seeing developers trying to sand it down in the coding.

There was only a little difference between shooting on and off host before this last patch (I only really noticed it at long range) which is perfectly acceptable. The curent state is not acceptable and is killing customs because no one ever wants to host....Another thing that needs to be changed is that laggers should be penalized and not the people shooting at them. If thats not fixed once matchmaking is ranked everyone will be playing off their cell phone's internet and streaming to try and get an advantage.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The people with the worst internet were always the hardest to play against. That's never changed. Whoever is lagging the hardest or has the highest ping is usually the person eating the most shots. It's a big reason why Halo tournaments online were never really successful or gained any ground.

I've never seen anything in the h1 map files to suggest that auto aim or magnetism changes from host to off host.

Has any verifiable source said this is the case?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Bonesaw just play a series off host then on host with the same 4 people and you wont need anymore proof. Your mood will go from this game isnt that bad, to fuck this game im done!

The whole thing's just weird, and I can't wrap my head around it -- no matter how much video I watch and record. I wanted to put together a video last week saying "Aha! The difference is obvious." But it's not obvious. Offhost and onhost shots look the same, but feel different, so I must be missing something ... right? We can't all be crazy ...

• Upvote (+1) 1

The whole thing's just weird, and I can't wrap my head around it -- no matter how much video I watch and record. I wanted to put together a video last week saying "Aha! The difference is obvious." But it's not obvious. Offhost and onhost shots look the same, but feel different, so I must be missing something ... right? We can't all be crazy ...

To me it feels like when im off host and my crosshairs are halfway on them and halfway in front of the way they are moving the shots hit everytime, and its almost like it locks on and is really easy to keep my aimer around them. On host far away it seems like it doesnt lock on as well and combine that with even when it looks like its in the right spot shots still dont hit them alot of times. So my guess is less aim assist and less magnetism both. I dont see how you can test the aim assist part of it because I would think it would just appear the person on host cant control his sticks as well lol.

I wasn't talking about mcc. obviously they have changed the netcode around a lot and done some weird things.

The way you worded it earlier made it sound to me like you're saying it's a staple of the series that the actual aim assist values are changed between hosting or not.

If you just meant mcc and the later installations of halo then never mind, I don't know much about them.

To clarify, I would just be surprised if in an era preceding online console shooters (og h1), the devs could forsee any kind of latency issues, and in turn code anything to mitigate them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yep. And you do have advantages in seeing people first and connecting melees and stuff like that. But the game is so centred around the utility weapon that making it so hard really makes the game unfun for the host. At least in Halo 3 the BR was already random for everyone.

The way you worded it earlier made it sound to me like you're saying it's a staple of the series that the actual aim assist values are changed between hosting or not.

I wasn't talking about MCC at all actually. I was referring mostly to host on H3, Reach and Halo 4. I also believe hosting in H2A is the same way.

You just get much stronger magnetsim and autoaim while off host in all 4 games. On LAN and on XBL. 

So what I was saying was, with the new port of Halo PC to console, they might have tried adding the same nerf of the host powers.