chaosTheory

Dedicated website for tracking Halo CE gameplay issues in MCC

Is kill penalty enabled in the matchmaking gametype? It's enabled by default in Classic Team Slayer, and MM might use an unmodified version of that. That might explain why some people have been talking about MCC being much slower than OG, and some jumps not working.

I like how you guys assume Jake and I aren't CE fans, or are "H3 > CE" kids. I've probably played more CE than any game in the MCC.

I just think 343 should focus on making all of the games in the MCC playable before they worry about minor issues in CE.

ok. jesus fucking christ, why am i even about to address you again?

you came in here and bashed the existence of an ongoing effort to fix the game that everyone in this thread cares about. did you expect anyone who might accidentally trip over your stupid sentence to agree with you? wrong place man. it just doesn't make sense for you to have said that. and it's not even remotely 99% fixed. you've been to the site, right? there are ten bugs that they've fixed, seven that they've improved, and SEVENTY-SIX that they haven't touched.

furthermore, aside from the fact that they ARE trying to make all the games playable (see every content update thus far - they all address network/matchmaking issues), is this really the place to say 343 should do something for you? this is a teambeyond forum, full of a bunch of halo ce nerds. this thread was made solely to crowd-source all the CE issues and funnel them into one place, so that i could then categorize them into an interactive database that i took hours and money out of my life to build and maintain, because it's a cleaner way to present and interact with the latest information. then your dumbass showed up and badmouthed it. you're not gonna succeed in trying to turn your image around. 

and finally, the existence of this thread, of halobugs.com, or any halo ce fan doing his part to report any anomalies, in NO way ruins your chances of seeing improvements to halo 3. 343i have completely separate dev teams working on the different games. effort on one of them does not detract from any other.

so all this shit that you whined about, literally has no fucking bearing on what you want. stop. go away. or tell us something about mcc's halo ce that isn't true to OG.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Im pretty positive I would of noticed if kill penalty was on. The very first custom game I played someone had it on and I noticed it immediately. As far as missing jumps I dunno if everyones A button is presurre sensitive but mine is. Eveytime I dont push mine hard enough I miss the longer jumps. I first thought it was a mental thing then tested it and it definately has to be hit with a certain ammount of force.

I feel the opposite, I think death bonus has an effect sometimes. I'm positive I've started games running super fast.

Also, I've been encountering increased spawn times for no reason. I played a custom game on prisoner and every time I died, my respawn increased by 10. After 3 deaths I had a 30+ second respawn. Can anyone confirm?

How would someone who only really 4-player splitscreened and a little xbc'd get into the CE scene these days? Is MCC a reasonable starting place or is OG CE the only way to go?

I feel the opposite, I think death bonus has an effect sometimes. I'm positive I've started games running super fast.

Also, I've been encountering increased spawn times for no reason. I played a custom game on prisoner and every time I died, my respawn increased by 10. After 3 deaths I had a 30+ second respawn. Can anyone confirm?

There's a respawn growth option in the game

• Upvote (+1) 1

ok. jesus fucking christ, why am i even about to address you again?

you came in here and bashed the existence of an ongoing effort to fix the game that everyone in this thread cares about. did you expect anyone who might accidentally trip over your stupid sentence to agree with you? wrong place man. it just doesn't make sense for you to have said that. and it's not even remotely 99% fixed. you've been to the site, right? there are ten bugs that they've fixed, seven that they've improved, and SEVENTY-SIX that they haven't touched.

furthermore, aside from the fact that they ARE trying to make all the games playable (see every content update thus far - they all address network/matchmaking issues), is this really the place to say 343 should do something for you? this is a teambeyond forum, full of a bunch of halo ce nerds. this thread was made solely to crowd-source all the CE issues and funnel them into one place, so that i could then categorize them into an interactive database that i took hours and money out of my life to build and maintain, because it's a cleaner way to present and interact with the latest information. then your dumbass showed up and badmouthed it. you're not gonna succeed in trying to turn your image around. 

and finally, the existence of this thread, of halobugs.com, or any halo ce fan doing his part to report any anomalies, in NO way ruins your chances of seeing improvements to halo 3. 343i have completely separate dev teams working on the different games. effort on one of them does not detract from any other.

so all this shit that you whined about, literally has no fucking bearing on what you want. stop. go away. or tell us something about mcc's halo ce that isn't true to OG.

I made a snarky comment regarding how an active thread dedicated to fixing what is at this point, probably the most functional (old) game in MCC, exists. I expected some angry replies and neg reps. If my image never recovers, so be it. :lol: If I really cared I'd just make a new account.

I wasn't aware of the separate teams for each game. If that's how it works, awesome. I wish you guys the best. May quadruple grenades accompany your spawns forevermore. :)

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

How would someone who only really 4-player splitscreened and a little xbc'd get into the CE scene these days? Is MCC a reasonable starting place or is OG CE the only way to go?

I would start by adding the people in the halo 1 customs thread then inviting them/ trying to get into their games. Customs are the key to networking with people. People that you didn't add originally will add you and just like some kind of crazy rabbit community you will have alot of people to play with.

• Upvote (+1) 2

As far as missing jumps I dunno if everyones A button is presurre sensitive but mine is. Eveytime I dont push mine hard enough I miss the longer jumps. I first thought it was a mental thing then tested it and it definately has to be hit with a certain ammount of force.

Any way you could get this on video? I couldn't get it to work when I tried.

First jump is holding A while firing.

I would start by adding the people in the halo 1 customs thread then inviting them/ trying to get into their games. Customs are the key to networking with people. People that you didn't add originally will add you and just like some kind of crazy rabbit community you will have alot of people to play with.

Thanks for the response. How open is the community to average players?

• Upvote (+1) 1

On movement speed, here's a comparison showing the same speed between MCC and OG:

And here's a video showing slower movement in MCC matchmaking. I'll try it again if I get a Hangem game:

• Upvote (+1) 2

MCC is definitely the place to start. You will not meet people on OG unless you live close to them... even then I'm sure they'd rather you already be acclimated to the game via MCC than just show up and be a complete scrub.

I know we got off on the wrong foot in the MCC thread but the offer is out there if you want help learning the game: Vinny Mendoza is my GT.

• Upvote (+1) 1

On movement speed, here's a comparison showing the same speed between MCC and OG:

And here's a video showing slower movement in MCC matchmaking. I'll try it again if I get a Hangem game:

Wow fucked up if this is the case across all matchmaking.

And I agree the jumping isn't dependent on holding the button.

• Upvote (+1) 1

MCC is definitely the place to start. You will not meet people on OG unless you live close to them... even then I'm sure they'd rather you already be acclimated to the game via MCC than just show up and be a complete scrub.

I know we got off on the wrong foot in the MCC thread but the offer is out there if you want help learning the game: Vinny Mendoza is my GT.

Cool thanks, i may hit you up this weekend if thats ok

So, I've been wondering about this question since the game came out -- is air-crouching slower in MCC than OG? Turns out the answer's no.

2YyAyVd.png

K89QNIJ.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I was in a couple of groups tonight where everyone refused to host. Aparently shots not registering well on host is happening to most the people I played with tonight....this needs to be fixed fast. I dont see how a tournament can be going on like this.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Before patch I loved hosting. Long range shooting felt a little difficult at times compared to off host shooting but the other benefits made up for it. Now hosting is just complete garbage for me 20% of shots fired just dont register at all. I played with around 8 people last night who had varrying opinions about how bad hosting was. But all 8 people said hosting was noticibly worse then playing off host.

mcc is an excellent place to start. Things carry over to og.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Thanks. Have only been playing h2a and some h3 since release. Going to jump into some CE this weekend.

Ok so after another night of hosting because kids dont want to, I'm pretty certain that it is not that shots aren't hitting on host, it's that they made the shot leading on host much more like OG. I have to whip my aimer back and forth on host now, something that you don't have to do off host because lead is minimal.

By the end of the night last night I was getting 3's again, something I wasn't doing on the first night post patch. By leading like you would on OG host I found that shots were hitting perfectly if I lead correctly and missing if my aim got lazy and didn't adjust fast enough or lead far enough.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Am I the only one that thinks this patch makes shots feel more like off-host xbc than OG? 

Am I the only one that thinks this patch makes shots feel more like off-host xbc than OG? 

OldGregg2.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2