chaosTheory

Dedicated website for tracking Halo CE gameplay issues in MCC

Many people have noted host is harder for them. Not sure why.

And I'd be fine with most game sounds... the only one that pisses me off is the grenade. It's really difficult to hear them sometimes and fucks you over all the time.

Is it just me, or is hosting, like, significantly harder now? Just finished playing some transatlantic H1 with Meg and insidi0us and I felt like around twenty to thirty percent of my pistol shots wouldn't register while hosting. On Meg's host I could pistol just fine.

So glad to see someone else with this issue. Aparently not all hosts are expeirencing this. But thats an absolutely perfect way of putting it......about 20 to 30 percent of bullets just dont register for host pistol for me either. Just dont host, I've done that and this patch has made the game feel the best its felt yet (as in closest to og). But ya you couldnt pay me to host right now I was about to break my controller last night.

There seems to have been fixes not mentioned in the patch notes btw. From my testing, standing on new camo while the old one expires now works as expected. If someone else can confirm, we can check it off as resolved on HaloBugs.com - where it is presently listed as a bug twice. ( @@insidi0us ).

Other bugs that might potentially have been fixed, either in this patch or before, but which are still labled as "unfixed" on HaloBugs.com:

• "Picked up 51 frag grenades"
  • Roster/Friends List Visible Ingame
  • Hit-sounds (are they still faint, or completely gone?)

The list should also be audited so that duplicates are removed/merged. The cleaner the list is, the easier it is for 343 Industries to see the pressing issues and fix them.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The plasma rifle seems better in slowing movement and turning. Does anybody have any old videos of PR tests?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm glad we still have this thread to track miniscule issues in a 99% fixed game like grenade sounds, when Halo 3 is still unplayable due to lack of forge and aim acceleration.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 15

I'm glad we still have this thread to track miniscule issues in a 99% fixed game like grenade sounds, when Halo 3 is still unplayable due to lack of forge and aim acceleration.

Noone is stopping you from creating a thread and website for Halo 3 bugs. Don't come here and complain if the H3 community lacks the necessary dedication and care about their game... (/rant)

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 2

There seems to have been fixes not mentioned in the patch notes btw. From my testing, standing on new camo while the old one expires now works as expected. If someone else can confirm, we can check it off as resolved on HaloBugs.com - where it is presently listed as a bug twice. ( @@insidi0us ).

Other bugs that might potentially have been fixed, either in this patch or before, but which are still labled as "unfixed" on HaloBugs.com:

• "Picked up 51 frag grenades"
  • Roster/Friends List Visible Ingame
  • Hit-sounds (are they still faint, or completely gone?)

The list should also be audited so that duplicates are removed/merged. The cleaner the list is, the easier it is for 343 Industries to see the pressing issues and fix them.

you know, i remembered seeing a duplicate camo-gets-removed bug, but every time i went looking for it in the list, i couldn't find it. turns out, this was because i did a page search for "camo" and the guy who posted it calls it "invisibility cloak", which sounds more like harry potter than halo. pffff

anyway, dupe removed. as for it being "fixed", i'm gonna give it some more time. i did have it happen to me from time to time, but it's too soon to say it will never happen again. i still shy away from standing on it, to be honest, and i'll wait til mine starts to wear off before grabbing a new one. it hurts gameplay of course - i don't want to do it this way, it just became a habit because of the potential risk of losing 45 seconds of camo. 

as far as the others you mentioned, i haven't done anything with their statuses because they are so rare and i've never personally seen them happen, so i'll need to rely on others to tell me they haven't seen it in however long, or 343 to definitively say they found the cause of the bug and patched it. 

and hit sounds, i almost never hear them (even when i knew they were still there at low volume), but some people (@Mintograde) may have a better ear for it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

halo 3 is unplayable due to the 3.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

and hit sounds, i almost never hear them (even when i knew they were still there at low volume), but some people (@Mintograde) may have a better ear for it. 

Hit sounds are still in, and still very quiet. I hear a couple in this video on a very laggy host, the most audible one is the last bullet of the first kill.

Every now and then a game will not have back ground sound and I notice them. But I cant hear them otherwise. I havent had a game with no background sound since patch though.

Ah, yes, the H3 community. Here I thought I was a member of the Halo community.

Halo 3 is a good game but doesn't hold a candle to CE and thus I don't care about it hth

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

CE still has issues... that was such a stupid statement

CE has miniscule issues but is 100% playable while Halo 3 is still basically a beta.

CE has miniscule issues but is 100% playable while Halo 3 is still basically a beta.

Spawning with 2 nades is not a small issue. Nothing is stopping you from making a H3 thread on Beyond or Reddit you know

H3 blows let's be real, go treasure your br spread bullshit into your own thread. No one in this thread cares about post ce titles

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 4

I had a lot of fun with 2 and 3 competitively, but a this is not even close to the right thread for this silliness.

• Upvote (+1) 4

@@ahawowow there's the Halo community, a diverse population of Halo fans who enjoy playing Halo in many different ways, and then there's a group of 80 Halo CE fans who think they're more important than others despite being an extreme minority. Just let them be.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 9

@@ahawowow there's the Halo community, a diverse population of Halo fans who enjoy playing Halo in many different ways, and then there's a group of 80 Halo CE fans who think they're more important than others despite being an extreme minority. Just let them be.

well done on making the situation 100 times worse, and making you look like a massive douche. ironic considering your name

• Upvote (+1) 2

We don't think we're more important. Start your own site or thread and we won't bash you for it. Insidious simply doesn't care about Halo 3; also we fully expected to be ignored as a community since as you said we're pretty small and thus we felt the need to start our own site and address our own issues to bring attention to them. I've actually been pleasantly surprised at the improvements 343i has made to the Halo 1 experience, they could have just left it as is and said fuck you guys. I'm sure insidious' site has had a huge part in their willingness to improve it.

Also if you want to play Halo 3 in OG state you can go hop on your Xbox 360 right now. What do CE fans have? Oh yeah just a small LAN community, a shitty PC port, lagfest XBC and a shitty Reach adaptation for CEA. And a sequel that was incredibly different from our game in every possible way from a dev team who basically gave a huge middle finger to the way CE fans like to play the game. Every step of the way CE fans have been shit on, so no, we don't feel important, thanks.

For the record I played Halo 2 and 3 for years, they're fun games. I just don't take them seriously. They are great for those diverse ways to play an FPS game as you said.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Its like some football players coming in just to mess with the chess club.

(that may or may not have been a very subtle comparison of our games skillsets)

• Upvote (+1) 2

I like how you guys assume Jake and I aren't CE fans, or are "H3 > CE" kids. I've probably played more CE than any game in the MCC.

I just think 343 should focus on making all of the games in the MCC playable before they worry about minor issues in CE.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1