chaosTheory

Dedicated website for tracking Halo CE gameplay issues in MCC

I'm honestly still infuriated at the complete lack of thought and passion that went into this collection. If you had one Halo 1 OG player on the team they could have told the devs to not fuck all of this up so badly and what to fix from the PC port. Like the most obvious shit. Instead we have to build a fucking website to show them. Unbelievable. And a lot of this shit is as simple as adding in code for more grenades in 2v2 or rotate a weapon 90 degrees, as if it would take more than 10 seconds.

Exactly my point - these are relatively easy things to restore. It just proves that either: a) they're clueless, or b ) they simply don't care enough about maintaining fidelity to the original version.

I would tweet that at Bravo I mean considering that MCC H1 is Halo PC I don't have much knowledge Halo PC but I wonder if it's possible for them to download those and replace the current versions with the fixed versions and ask the mod the owner for the code they used to get 4 starting grenades.

Exactly my point - these are relatively easy things to restore. It just proves that either: a) they're clueless, or b ) they simply don't care enough about maintaining fidelity to the original version.

its neither of the two

its 3) theres more important things to fix first such as parties, interface and all the other stuff written in the latest bravo blog

pretty much all updates so far have fixed bugs that applied to all games, except for highly game-breaking bugs like the CE netcode (that imo still needs tweaking)

CE specific fixes will come once the more important updates are out

bug fixing is all about priority, fix the general things first and then focus on game specific things

anything else makes 0 sense as fixing specific games first can introduce new bugs once you tackle general fixes afterwards as they influence each title directly

this procedure is what a proper company would do and no it doesnt mean that said company isnt aware of any bugs that game A/B or C is having or even worse is accused to ignore those bugs on purpose

• Upvote (+1) 3

its neither of the two

its 3) theres more important things to fix first such as parties, interface and all the other stuff written in the latest bravo blog

pretty much all updates so far have fixed bugs that applied to all games, except for highly game-breaking bugs like the CE netcode (that imo still needs tweaking)

CE specific fixes will come once the more important updates are out

bug fixing is all about priority, fix the general things first and then focus on game specific things

anything else makes 0 sense as fixing specific games first can introduce new bugs once you tackle general fixes afterwards as they influence each title directly

this procedure is what a proper company would do and no it doesnt mean that said company isnt aware of any bugs that game A/B or C is having or even worse is accused to ignore those bugs on purpose

I wish I could share your optimism. I hope you're right.

I'm just afraid that they'll get the matchmaking functional, fix the netcode across all games and call it a day.

Anti aim is absolutely gone. Good riddance. Aiming feels natural for the first time. Even better is what they didn't specifically spell out in the patch notes. The shot leading has been fixed and feels soooooo much more like OG, both on host and off. The aiming skill gap is no doubt back in. Most likely will never be quite the same as OG but this puts an end to everyone 3ing you half the game.

STRAFING MAKES PEOPLE MISS SHOTS FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yeah I had some of the most God awful teammates in Pris last night against good players and got spawn killed like 6 times in a row at one point, but still managed to go 16-19 despite 2 opponents constantly shooting at me the entire match. All thanks to my strafes making them miss.

#wealmostback

• Upvote (+1) 1

STRAFING MAKES PEOPLE MISS SHOTS FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I noticed this also.

Also I've been managed to dramatically increase my CE pistol shot, I'm 3-5 shotting now, very rarely more. I just need to work on Power-up control and spawn awareness. I can see why CE is so loved now that I can actually play it with other people.

yo guys CE is fucking balling now

if you have not played it yet, wtf are you doing go play it NOW

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anti aim is absolutely gone. Good riddance. Aiming feels natural for the first time. Even better is what they didn't specifically spell out in the patch notes. The shot leading has been fixed and feels soooooo much more like OG, both on host and off. The aiming skill gap is no doubt back in. Most likely will never be quite the same as OG but this puts an end to everyone 3ing you half the game.

I agree with everything except host. Last night I was also loving patch until I hosted a series. Shots where not registering on people when I was host even when I clearly had my crosshairs where they needed to be. I went from first place most games off host to last place almost everygame on my host, all same people same teams. I hope everyone isnt expierencing this but I definately wont be hosting anymore unless something changes. Even had some snipes that where executed perfectly that didnt land on host......that didnt even happen to me back when this game was completely broken.....

But on a positive note I played like 8 matchmaking games after patch. Powerup times started when they where supposed to and hit registration felt perfect in all of them. This will be good when its 2v2 and ranked.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Have timers been improved? I haven't noticed my timer being 15 seconds off like before. Maybe just a couple seconds

I think it's ping dependent or host dependent. But it might as well be fixed...

pretty good patch. not gonna lie.

ok NEXT.

while you're all enjoying the crap out of proper reticle behavior, please continue to pay attention to whatever else has been bugging you (ha!). it's hard to know when things are definitely fixed, especially when they're intermittent. if you feel like some other existing issue has been rectified, mention it here. we all know there have been some undocumented ninja fixes, and i don't exactly get clear-cut answers back from them sometimes. silly, i know.

also, i've updated the way the halobugs.com user/registration system works. you'll need to create an account and get emailed a confirmation link and all that goodness, if you wish to edit or post any new bugs. it's quick, easy, and non-invasive. i just needed a better system - the old way wasn't very future proof. so yeah, go register if you'd like to continue contributing.

also, thanks for the endless effort. obviously we've all put time into this because we love the game, but it's definitely helping everyone. keep it up!

• Upvote (+1) 8

I think it's ping dependent or host dependent. But it might as well be fixed...

I still start my timer on the nd loading freeze in MM and it's on point...in customs its still when the game loads...so no changes here

• Upvote (+1) 1

At the absolute bare minimum, I want the original sound effects back in Halo 1.

so do i, but they're not gonna do it. i tried. very hard.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know almost nothing about the technical side of game development, but it doesn't seem like it would be difficult.

Besides, the other three games have their classic SFX intact... :angry:

When i asked bravo about the old sounds, and 4 nades, he said it will come after other priorities.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Try even more. I believe in your work! Some of the new weapon sound effects are VERY annoying.

As a joke: $4.99 for DLC w/ H1 orginal sound effects, haha.

Is it just me, or is hosting, like, significantly harder now? Just finished playing some transatlantic H1 with Meg and insidi0us and I felt like around twenty to thirty percent of my pistol shots wouldn't register while hosting. On Meg's host I could pistol just fine.

• Upvote (+1) 1