chaosTheory

Dedicated website for tracking Halo CE gameplay issues in MCC

We should be pushing 343 for updates to CE more. Let's go!

• Upvote (+1) 1

We should be pushing 343 for updates to CE more. Let's go!

I'm behind you 100 percent. There are a lot of 2v2 tournaments coming up and I want to be able to aim at someone jumping at me that has host....

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm behind you 100 percent. There are a lot of 2v2 tournaments coming up and I want to be able to aim at someone jumping at me that has host....

I will keep nagging Bravo and other 343 staff. It doesn't cost me anything other than a few seconds. My posts will become less polite after every patch that doesn't fix anti aim though. We'll see how long it takes. I don't care about future dev support at this point and not burning bridges with 343, just about MCC working and if it doesn't my Xbox will be gone by summer and I'll be 300 bucks richer.

That's a pretty bad attitude but unfortunately I don't care for 343 at this point. Too much shit has happened and I just don't care anymore.

Halo 5 can turn out however I don't mind. I've given my feedback and won't lose sleep over it. If I still have my Xbox then I will pubstomp in BTB or whatever, I think the beta was fun casually and it will stay that way. But without MCC working I won't keep it just for H5, but I digress...

LOL no idea how my post just turned into a rant. :P

which sites do hold those tournaments?

would like to sign up tbh

Iron Gaming. Then there are individuals like JWalk and McGavin who are running them independently. Grass roots online, lol.

thats not funny. Its awesome
  • Upvote (+1) 3

didn't see. writing questions. i just hope i'm on the ground that day.

It's actually February 3rd. He had a conflict on the 4th.

Has anybody had an issue where the map loads 1-2 minutes after the game's started? It happened to me in the majority of my matchmaking games last night.

Here's an example:

You can see the loading circle is spinning smoothly until the timer hits 1:40, and then the "normal" map loading starts.

Edit: apparently this can also happen in H2C, and maybe the other games as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just joined that IronGaming tourny. Cool beans. We'll probably get crushed lol. How do seeds work?

That PGL ladder is cool too. Is it really first to 25?

That PGL ladder is cool too. Is it really first to 25?

I've been using the standard 1v1 rules (15 kills, classic/no-custom, etc.). Most of the people who care about settings would be expecting the competitive settings anyway, and the ones who really want to start with plasma pistols probably haven't played much CE to begin with. Nobody's asked me to redo the games with the "right" settings.

I've been using the standard 1v1 rules (15 kills, classic/no-custom, etc.). Most of the people who care about settings would be expecting the competitive settings anyway, and the ones who really want to start with plasma pistols probably haven't played much CE to begin with. Nobody's asked me to redo the games with the "right" settings.

Sorry, I meant 2v2 lol. It says score to 25. But as you said I assume people will play to 50 and ignore the rule.

Has anybody had an issue where the map loads 1-2 minutes after the game's started? It happened to me in the majority of my matchmaking games last night.

Here's an example:

You can see the loading circle is spinning smoothly until the timer hits 1:40, and then the "normal" map loading starts.

Overshield wasn't there too... wtf. I've been noticing that in Rat Race a couple times... go like 30 seconds before the timer says OS or Camo are up and they never appear.

Overshield wasn't there too... wtf. I've been noticing that in Rat Race a couple times... go like 30 seconds before the timer says OS or Camo are up and they never appear.

Overshield came up right on time. I joined the game late.

So i was thinking about how much i hate anti aim, and them i thought it could make for an interesting power up. I've been thinking for a long time how to make an interesting power up that wasn't camo, os, speed boost, or dadamage boost. Just a random thought.

So i was thinking about how much i hate anti aim, and them i thought it could make for an interesting power up. I've been thinking for a long time how to make an interesting power up that wasn't camo, os, speed boost, or dadamage boost. Just a random thought.

It's interesting but I think from a game design theory perspective just way too frustrating for the opponent.

You want your players to feel empowered overcoming a powerup advantage. You feel awesome when you still hit someone who is in full cloak, or if you nade and dodge an OS guy perfectly and still outduel him, or if you successfully jump over or dodge a rocket shot and kill the guy with rockets.

Anti-aim makes it almost impossible to aim at someone due to something completely out of your control. When you're fighting anti-aim it eventually works correctly and you can hit the person, I think if you specifically programmed anti-aim and it was a full fledged powerup it would make aiming even more frustrating. I'm not sure if you could program it to just bounce away some of the time... and even if you could, then there would be this huge "random" element to it.

I think Cloak already functions well as a "no aim assist" powerup too, with the benefit of forcing a player to just aim really really well with his thumbsticks and no assist and as I mentioned, feel empowered by pulling it off.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone been getting the "anti aim" less lately? I've been playing a lot of 2v2s on high ping hosts, and I haven't gotten it as much as I used to, (used to get it every game).

It is still there, and I notice it only seems to happen severely is when an opponent is jumping on sloped object or if someone is a floor above me.

So my 2v2 teammate was watching ogre 2s stream and heard him mention a tournament on the 29th? Is he referring to the irongaming one? Gonna be some stiff competition. How will they determine seeding anyway? Also is anyone else disappointed with battle creek in 4/5 rounds? Just not my map at all. Would have preferred more chill out, pris and Dammy.