chaosTheory

Dedicated website for tracking Halo CE gameplay issues in MCC

It's definitely not giving free 3 shots now, but it is still easier.  Not sure what was changed exactly.  Feels much closer to original Xbox though.  Anti-aim is still present and super frustrating.

• Upvote (+1) 5

It's definitely not giving free 3 shots now, but it is still easier. Not sure what was changed exactly. Feels much closer to original Xbox though. Anti-aim is still present and super frustrating.

I only trust you.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I was splitscreening at a friends house and it seemed harder than before. I didn 't know about the patch at the time but now it makes sense.

I thought it was me getting used to splitscreen.

what about camo it looked harder to see on bos stream, have they touched this as well. shooting harder and a harder to see camo sounds good.

people were actually moving around with camo like xbox.

i played over a friends house this weekend game was fun different but fun im actually impressed how many patchs their doing just for h1.

• Upvote (+1) 1

im actually impressed how many patchs their doing just for h1.

Same, I figured H1 would be a pretty low priority but they're doing a shit ton more than I thought they would.

It's definitely not giving free 3 shots now, but it is still easier.  Not sure what was changed exactly.  Feels much closer to original Xbox though.  Anti-aim is still present and super frustrating.

I refuse to play MCC till its fixed. It's gotten that consistently bad for me. It happens 3 or 4 times if I'm LUCKY each and every game. (H2C and H3 included, not just H1) I even sometimes feel it on H2A.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Before the patch, camo was almost impossible to see 28m out and you were the silver surfer on top of a base on blood gulch. Ill get on later to see if there is a difference

anyone else tired of the playlist ALWAYS doing wizard, creek, and RR, I hardly ever see the PLAYED maps

I have played these maps way too much. I would like to have another slauer map to vote for.

As someone who really only played CE campaign back in the day and not multiplayer, I don't understand the aiming mechanics with the pistol. Before the recent patch it almost seemed hitscan and 'easy' as everyone was saying. Now I can't tell if I'm lagging or what, some shots don't register at all even while leading. From reading above, your own movement affects your bullets? 

@Nosku: Yes. I think the easiest way to observe it is to get on Blodd Gulch, and try sniping at a frienbd on split screen thats far away on a flat surface just running in one direction with you being scoped in 10x.

He should be running straight across (left->right) a good way out, where it is natural to 10x, and you can try shooting him whil you:

1) Strafe the same direction as he is running --> to aim, visualize that he is wearing a baseball cap and that you are trying to hit the tip of it.

2) Stand still --> aiming is different, not quite sure where you would have to aim.

3) Strafe the opposite direction --> notice how the aiming point form (1) does not work at all.

Although the sniper bullet is somewhat faster than a pistol shot (i think) you should get the same effect, and with the contrail of the sniper it is very easy to notice the effect. When you get the idea, you can start to observe how it works in pistol duels and learn to adjust. But having observed the effect in a more "clinical" environment, you should have a good idea of what exactly is happening and that you need to adjust for.

• Upvote (+1) 1

anyone else tired of the playlist ALWAYS doing wizard, creek, and RR, I hardly ever see the PLAYED maps

Yup. I'm getting wizard and rat race WAY too much. They are definitely my two least favorite maps. Seems like I get derelict a lot as well. 

when 2vs2 launches today should just be all slayer and 3 different map choices. I will say that camo is useful again and leading your shots og style works good again. I was watching people miss shots because its back to og style xbox shooting and I watched so many get away in hang em with camo and make it to top power up, that never happened before patch.

seems like people quit a lot is it confirmed soon that all playlists will have a rank? That will fix being matched with quitters and bad people once you get int to the 20s im sure.

@Nosku: Yes. I think the easiest way to observe it is to get on Blodd Gulch, and try sniping at a frienbd on split screen thats far away on a flat surface just running in one direction with you being scoped in 10x.

He should be running straight across (left->right) a good way out, where it is natural to 10x, and you can try shooting him whil you:

1) Strafe the same direction as he is running --> to aim, visualize that he is wearing a baseball cap and that you are trying to hit the tip of it.

2) Stand still --> aiming is different, not quite sure where you would have to aim.

3) Strafe the opposite direction --> notice how the aiming point form (1) does not work at all.

Although the sniper bullet is somewhat faster than a pistol shot (i think) you should get the same effect, and with the contrail of the sniper it is very easy to notice the effect. When you get the idea, you can start to observe how it works in pistol duels and learn to adjust. But having observed the effect in a more "clinical" environment, you should have a good idea of what exactly is happening and that you need to adjust for.

Thanks for answering! 

This game is getting so close to OG. I cannot believe it but it's true. Camo works again. Leading shots based on movement is back. At this point all that's left is bug fixing and changing all the weapon spawns on the maps that are wrong.

I suppose asking to get our xbox map versions back isn't going to happen. But with the way the game plays after this last patch I honestly wouldn't even care.

• Upvote (+1) 3

This game is getting so close to OG. I cannot believe it but it's true. Camo works again. Leading shots based on movement is back. At this point all that's left is bug fixing and changing all the weapon spawns on the maps that are wrong.

I suppose asking to get our xbox map versions back isn't going to happen. But with the way the game plays after this last patch I honestly wouldn't even care.

I'm going to reach out to anyone on 343 to see if we can get some expanded patch notes on how they fixed CE or how they're attempting to make it like OG. I'm certainly interested in whatever they figured out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

im curious as well of the back end changes they made with last update to make it feel like xbox shooting style.

when 2vs2 launches today should just be all slayer and 3 different map choices. I will say that camo is useful again and leading your shots og style works good again. I was watching people miss shots because its back to og style xbox shooting and I watched so many get away in hang em with camo and make it to top power up, that never happened before patch.

seems like people quit a lot is it confirmed soon that all playlists will have a rank? That will fix being matched with quitters and bad people once you get int to the 20s im sure.

Where did you see that 2v2 was launching today? Been checking 343 website and twitter and can't find it.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

@@ThreeShotPistol I feel the same way - very glad they fixed the shooting mechanics and camo. But I must disagree with you, good sir, about being okay with 343i not restoring the xbox maps. I'm working on doing it for HPC, and it's not hard and doesn't even take long (and that's without the original map model files, which they most certainly have access to). So yeah, fuck that, they should still 100% bring back OG xbox maps.

• Upvote (+1) 3