chaosTheory

Dedicated website for tracking Halo CE gameplay issues in MCC

I'm starting to think that anti-aim IS off-host only.  I played off-host for the first time in a while an started seeing anti-aim for the first time in a while.  I don't think that's a coincidence.

The bullets def. track you around corners and whatnot. Even AR up close is extra brutal cuz it seemed to kill so fast. Still better than before though.

Also around my 3rd session playing new patch, map weapons still aren't turned correctly.

I'm starting to think that anti-aim IS off-host only.  I played off-host for the first time in a while an started seeing anti-aim for the first time in a while.  I don't think that's a coincidence.

I think so too. I was host several hours yesterday without seeing this bug, but then saw it upon playing offhost.

Also, the suggestion that it has to do with momentum seems accurate. The wors anti-aim I've ever gottenw as yesterday when I exited a warthog in full speed and turned 180deg to shoot a player standing behind the warthog. The crosshair just didn't want to go anyway near that guy - had to wrestle the right thumbstick a good three or four times before being allowed to aim at him.

Sadly, I forgot to save a clip from the just-mentioned warthog situation, but I think it should be reproducable. Maybe I'll try later tonight (EU time).

hopefully with launch of 2vs2 playlist we see anti aim fixed, camo fixed to match xbox so its harder to see maybe even make it harder to see then xbox version because of 1080p. Those are probably things I see as easy fixs yet will improve game a lot. Starting with 4 nades in 2vs2 would be nice but not nearly as important as above.

I cant see the netcode getting better they did amazing job with that, if indeed it is easier to aim reduce magnetism on pistol and snipe and hitbox size for head should match xboxs, still dont think they made hitboxs bigger though.

Anything else for those that have played a ton on new patch, I have been waiting for 2vs2 playlist to launch and game to be as fixed as much as possible before I get it.

Anything else for those that have played a ton on new patch, I have been waiting for 2vs2 playlist to launch and game to be as fixed as much as possible before I get it.

just get it dude. plenty of people playing customs. except the parties get huge because everyone wants in and no one kicks anyone because we're all really nice people now. i need more 2s in my life.

Definitely. A week or two ago in a custom game I suggested to just let the anti-aim guide you, because what it's probably doing is tracking the server location of the guy. Although sometimes it pushes you away from the direction he's running, so I didn't really believe that would work, thus never really tried it. Plus, it's hard, mentally, not to try to aim at the guy when something's fighting your reticle off. You naturally want to counter it. I think it's just the product of erroneous server/client disagreements. That being said, now with the fixed netcode and near-zero leading, anti-aim seems worse, and probably is, because shot registration is so good.

The bullets def. track you around corners and whatnot. Even AR up close is extra brutal cuz it seemed to kill so fast. Still better than before though.

Also around my 3rd session playing new patch, map weapons still aren't turned correctly.

I'm sure you don't mean bullets are physically curving around corners, and maybe you're just saying the following in a strange way, but I'll say this because someone I played with yesterday whined when he died, exclaiming "how could he shoot me, he couldn't even see my body."

So, for anyone who senses this type of complaint approaching the forefront of your brain... please remember, just because you are behind cover on your screen, doesn't mean you were behind cover on your enemy's screen. This is the direct result of the lag compensation we've all been asking for. On your screen, you made it to safety, or you only showed your face long enough to get hit by 2 bullets. But for them, they had you clear as day, and finished you off well before you rounded the corner. The server has to reconcile what happened when, and it does a damn good job of it now. Is it better to award your escape to safety and deny his bullets, even though he saw them hitting you? No, you'd whine when you're the shooter that your bullets appear to be hitting but you don't get a kill.

Just remember, if you die, it's because someone did their job and shot you enough. Things will definitely look weird from here on out. And I know we all agree that it's FAR better now, but I just don't like seeing people complain about their deaths when behind cover. The game has pretty modern lag compensation now. Let's all move on to the rest of the little bugs.

Who doesn't have rocket and snipe rotated in hang em and damnation yet?

Who doesn't have the announcer? (I've tried medal flashers on, off, and original. Still no voice.)

Has anyone tried lanning again? I don't have two boxes to link up. I'm curious to see how that experience goes. We should push 343 to not require an XBL connection for LAN.

Can we all agree that phall damage is fixed? I know we all still mess up a lot of falls, but I think this still might be xbc-style leading related. I've been experimenting with my crouch timing, and it seems if I crouch a little earlier than I should, I successfully avoid the damage. Has anyone had a blatant phall damage with or without crouch on a tiny jump to a slanted floor, or anything like that recently?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Is there any footage of decent players playing since this patch which seems to have improved the netcode lots? 

One theory I've seen is that the anti-autoaim only happens when you're aiming at the host. I'm going to start paying attention to who I'm aiming at when it happens. If it's always the same guy the theory would make some sense.

Yeah, this anti-aim glitch is high-priority so the more concrete information we can post about it for the 343 guys lurking here/halobugs, the better

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anti-aim is just frustrating, but always a little funny. Looking at the screen thinking I'm having a stroke as it pushes across my screen. 

Really just fed up with playing random 4s with how disorganized an online match is. Not that I'm all that good at this game, but more that 4s just isn't any fun in this setting and it is never as good as 2s. 

Hopefully they add CE and it is 2s like they announced. Never know with MCC. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hopefully they add CE and it is 2s like they announced. Never know with MCC. 

I really hope it ends up being 2's Ranked Playlist and 4's casual(ts,ctf,koth)

• Upvote (+1) 5

I think so too. I was host several hours yesterday without seeing this bug, but then saw it upon playing offhost.

Also, the suggestion that it has to do with momentum seems accurate. The wors anti-aim I've ever gottenw as yesterday when I exited a warthog in full speed and turned 180deg to shoot a player standing behind the warthog. The crosshair just didn't want to go anyway near that guy - had to wrestle the right thumbstick a good three or four times before being allowed to aim at him.

Sadly, I forgot to save a clip from the just-mentioned warthog situation, but I think it should be reproducable. Maybe I'll try later tonight (EU time).

One theory I've seen is that the anti-autoaim only happens when you're aiming at the host. I'm going to start paying attention to who I'm aiming at when it happens. If it's always the same guy the theory would make some sense.

I have hosted and gotten the anti-aim bug. I have also played with hosts who had it happening to them. I don't think it is host/networking related at all. It seems to just be a miscalculation in how the aim assist is supposed to be adjusting your reticle. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have hosted and gotten the anti-aim bug. I have also played with hosts who had it happening to them. I don't think it is host/networking related at all. It seems to just be a miscalculation in how the aim assist is supposed to be adjusting your reticle.

maybe it's not specific to host, but still related to the server/client disagreement on player location.

game gets mixed signals from all consoles. pushes your reticle to the wrong one. looks and feels like ass to the player.

• Upvote (+1) 1

maybe it's not specific to host, but still related to the server/client disagreement on player location.

game gets mixed signals from all consoles. pushes your reticle to the wrong one. looks and feels like ass to the player.

There is no way that the server is deciding where to do aim assist on your reticle. That is all handled client side. 

I like this theory but I really don't know how to test for it...

Client/server disagreement was my first thought, too, but I'm having a hard time sticking with that theory since it's happening on host.

It almost feels like the game locks in an autoaim target at the very edge of the "autoaim bubble" around a player (the area where very slight autoaim starts). In other words, as soon as your reticle approaches a player, the autoaim says "Hey, there's a player right where I'm aiming - this is the new autoaim target." This new autoaim target moves along with the player, even though it's actually next to the player. This could explain some situations where anti-aim happens even when players are running straight at you (top closed to bottom closed fights are a nightmare on Hangem, for instance).

I have no idea if what I'm describing is actually what's happening (or if it even makes sense!), it's just another crazy idea to test for.

I like this theory but I really don't know how to test for it...

I have some theories I would like to test if you have the patience for it. I need someone willing to run around in specific directions while I test. I have noticed a few similarities in scenarios where I seem to have the most prominent issues with the reverse magnetism as I call it. I think it is related to player movement/position for both players in relation to where you are aiming while moving.

I have some theories I would like to test if you have the patience for it. I need someone willing to run around in specific directions while I test. I have noticed a few similarities in scenarios where I seem to have the most prominent issues with the reverse magnetism as I call it. I think it is related to player movement/position for both players in relation to where you are aiming while moving.

I'll help out.

Just saw this video on Reddit with a pretty concrete example, too: xboxdvr.com/ReactiveBONR/457b10a5-bf18-43c9-b5b2-a778d440b0a0

It looked like the anti-aim stopped as soon as the player landed.

weapons are still pc for me, at least in custom games.

Wait is this true that they didn't update the regular versions with proper weapon rotations?

I was going to practice nading weapons but it's pointless if they aren't properly rotated.