chaosTheory

Dedicated website for tracking Halo CE gameplay issues in MCC

Another through-the-wall adventure by ProphLEET

And another rocket desync from IIISOMETHINGIII

And just because:

(synced to the pistol shot confirmation - assumes you both had same ping to server)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just found this site!

About the nades feeling different that was mentioned earlier, its definitely that they come out slightly later than on OG xbox. I know because I have a tendency to throw a nade if I feel I'm about to die and many times there would be a grenade beside or on top of my body if I did die and throughout all of my games with MCC I have not had this happen once. I also just notice it randomly during grenade throws as if it was super obvious it came out late. Although some of those times might have contributed to lag. 

One thing I don't see anyone mention is the melee deaths after you melee and kill someone yourself. This has resulted in me being killed by the guardians on average of once every other time I play just about. Most likely because of latency and it not registering that I killed them and their melee attack still went through and it gone on to kill me. 

Another is Melees to the back. About 2 or 3 times I got meleed and died when we just got into a close-quarters fight and they didn't damage me enough for a single melee to kill me and they were definitely not behind me. One of those times I had OS and was super salty. 

Anyone else experience these?

Also, I wanted to ask how do you know that 343 is "aware" or "will be fixed" with some of the issues? I just don't wanna get all excited for some fixes eventually, if they're never going to come :(

The death nades people tend to throw out right before they die were nonexistent in halo pc. If you aren't hosting, you probably aren't going to get them out fast enough to deal with the lag discrepancy. MCC is a bit better in this regard as I have had a few times where that death nade does come out. Sometimes it is invisible for the other person which is just confusing for them when they die from seemingly nothing. 

Melees are also hard to handle and those guardian kills are just the server reporting you got melee damage from someone who is dead already. Go play no shields 50% health and melee only with a bunch of people and you will see it happen all the time on original xbox. 

Any of the issues people seem to be reporting with this kind of stuff is usually lag related.

I strafed between teleports on Rat Race a couple of nights ago and ended up falling through the map during the second teleport. Doesn't seem to be a new bug, but still surprising to encounter for the first time.

lol that behind the glass trick in chilly would take forever on xbox that guy glitched and did it in 3secs funny.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I personally feel these are the highest priority problems...

Hit detection
Projectiles client side only (visual cues do NOT help at all)
Phall damage
Clipping through walls
Anti-aim magnetism glitch

Client/Server Disagreement on Item Location

Almost everything else... I could live with. Changed sounds and geometry sucks but is not high priority or game breaking... it's just stuff that is "different" but not necessarily "worse" and could be fixed within a few months. For instance rocket reloading being loud could be argued as a counter balance to the OPness of rockets. And rockets are OP as **** in Derelict so I don't miss them too much LOL. But EVERYONE is bitching about the 6 things I listed.

I personally feel these are the highest priority problems...

Hit detection

Projectiles client side only (visual cues do NOT help at all)

Phall damage

Clipping through walls

Anti-aim magnetism glitch

Client/Server Disagreement on Item Location

Almost everything else... I could live with. Changed sounds and geometry sucks but is not high priority or game breaking... it's just stuff that is "different" but not necessarily "worse" and could be fixed within a few months. For instance rocket reloading being loud could be argued as a counter balance to the OPness of rockets. And rockets are OP as **** in Derelict so I don't miss them too much LOL. But EVERYONE is bitching about the 6 things I listed.

Camo needs to be better

• Upvote (+1) 4

Camo needs to be better

This 100%.

Is it even useful in this state? It's original purpose isn't there anymore. It basically acts as a way of giving the enemy less auto-aim. You can be spotted so easily...

• Upvote (+1) 3

my friend died from fall damage in dere last night....

he obv rocket jumped with full os on top of the flap on top mid and landed at bottom tele right?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Empty weapons seem to be disappearing now :D.

I haven't had any unusual fall damage in the games I've played today, either.

Really? Was there a patch (CU) released today? Or was this adressed in the last patch without anyone noticing until today?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Jo guys help fix the camo issue.

It's pretty high on the list IMO. Also tweet @Brav about it and link the picture or at least retweet if you're lazy. ;)

https://twitter.com/vodietsche/status/543319793412362240

Those are both pictures from Halo PC - the left is without the camo fix for Nvidia graphics cards, and the right is with the fix.

http://blog.haloanticheat.com/?p=163

I agree the MCC camo is unacceptable and needs to be changed, but we shouldn't settle for what we see in the left of that image - we should get the Xbox version.

Really? Was there a patch (CU) released today? Or was this adressed in the last patch without anyone noticing until today?

I didn't play many post-patch games until yesterday, so I'm not sure when they were fixed. The empty weapon change wasn't in any patch notes, at any rate.

Those are both pictures from Halo PC - the left is without the camo fix for Nvidia graphics cards, and the right is with the fix.

http://blog.haloanticheat.com/?p=163

Damn ok. I thought it looked exactly like that but looking at OG again it does have that blue tint...

Either way they should make it harder to see.

I agree the MCC camo is unacceptable and needs to be changed, but we shouldn't settle for what we see in the left of that image - we should get the Xbox version.

LOL I wasn't even aware of this, I just thought it was too easy to see on the small maps...

It's even more broken than I thought. Probably a good thing because now they HAVE to fix it.

camo seems to be a LOT better. can someone confirm? am i going crazy? i'm split screening myself and it's behaving like OG xbox. like, do i get excited? i want to get excited.