chaosTheory

Dedicated website for tracking Halo CE gameplay issues in MCC

someone who actually owns mcc and has a video clip should add the phantom spawns. I know there are at least 2; 1 shows an OS on rat race being spawned on and warped away, another shows a flag on ctf. I would consider this game breaking.

I wanted to submit a bug but am rather unsure what it does or why it does it.

For lack of a better term from what I've experienced/heard is that when you spawn, the game occasionally will push your player around for you in a random direction for roughly 2 seconds. I've found that it's usually in a circle pattern rather than a straight line.

http://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/2mlk1e/just_some_thoughts_on_h1_multiplayer_on_mcc/

Just posted this on Reddit earlier if any of you would like to comment/discuss.  I feel like the average player that may not have much H1 experience needs to know - this isn't how the game should be playing.

Has anyone noticed anything with fall damage?  I have had more fall damage deaths in the past week on MCC than I have the past 3 years on original Xbox.  I swear I got fall damage jumping from rockets to sniper in BC yesterday.

Wow the halobugs site is AWESOME.  Very good.

http://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/2mlk1e/just_some_thoughts_on_h1_multiplayer_on_mcc/

Just posted this on Reddit earlier if any of you would like to comment/discuss.  I feel like the average player that may not have much H1 experience needs to know - this isn't how the game should be playing.

Has anyone noticed anything with fall damage?  I have had more fall damage deaths in the past week on MCC than I have the past 3 years on original Xbox.  I swear I got fall damage jumping from rockets to sniper in BC yesterday.

Biggest complaint from my group of noobs that really don't know better is fall damage.

Bonesaw, I see phantom player spawns all the time. I'll try to get a vid next time. Are you talking about something else?

I wanted to submit a bug but am rather unsure what it does or why it does it.

For lack of a better term from what I've experienced/heard is that when you spawn, the game occasionally will push your player around for you in a random direction for roughly 2 seconds. I've found that it's usually in a circle pattern rather than a straight line.

You'd probably need a video of something like that.

Fall damage is probably because your character model is not actually where it appears to be according to the host, which was not possible on the xbox version. The problem is that if you crouch too early in h1 and release it, the downward motion of your legs going back down will add to the fall damage being applied pretty significantly. I can suicide jumping off of a Wizard platform if I do it correctly. My guess is that youre trying to crouch and the game thinks youre doing it too early or too late.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Fall damage is probably because your character model is not actually where it appears to be according to the host, which was not possible on the xbox version. The problem is that if you crouch too early in h1 and release it, the downward motion of your legs going back down will add to the fall damage being applied pretty significantly. I can suicide jumping off of a Wizard platform if I do it correctly. My guess is that youre trying to crouch and the game thinks youre doing it too early or too late.

This is what I figured.  The timing is different but there doesn't seem to be any consistency to it yet.  I also see phantom spawns pretty much every game.  

Bonesaw, I see phantom player spawns all the time. I'll try to get a vid next time. Are you talking about something else?

Nope, that. I meant 2 clips out there, not only 2 spawns. I think everyone knows what I'm talking about. from what I've gathered from watching, the initial fake spawn is always where you just died, correct? Or can they be anywhere?

someone who actually owns mcc and has a video clip should add the phantom spawns. I know there are at least 2; 1 shows an OS on rat race being spawned on and warped away, another shows a flag on ctf. I would consider this game breaking.

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/7ebf1142-43c9-476e-8a64-472e3fe53b65?gamerTag=H+harris+1&scid=77290100-225e-4768-9373-98164430a9f8

its funny as fuck

edit: c2 beat me ffs

You'd probably need a video of something like that.

Interesting for the fall damage.. 

@@chaosTheory, this is as close to a video that I could find, and I'll just have to record it the next time it happens to me. Chances are that as soon as that guy spawned, he held forward but instead the game pushes him around. It's not an actual perfect circle, but it starts out pushing me forward, then to a side, and sometimes backwards again.

Nope, that. I think everyone knows what I'm talking about. from what I've gathered from watching, the initial fake spawn is always where you just died, correct? Or can they be anywhere?

I haven't played enough to notice a pattern just yet because, well, you know.

Everyone, don't forget to actually submit detailed bugs. Don't just post them in this thread.

• Upvote (+1) 2

@@Bonesaw they can be anywhere.

3 people died at shield doors while I was shooting them from camo port. 1 phantom spawned in front of me on the ramp up to the room with tunnel entrance

Nope, that. I meant 2 clips out there, not only 2 spawns. I think everyone knows what I'm talking about. from what I've gathered from watching, the initial fake spawn is always where you just died, correct? Or can they be anywhere?

This happened to @@Yoseph at OS spawn and he respanwed with a full OS.

I haven't played enough to notice a pattern just yet because, well, you know.

Everyone, don't forget to actually submit detailed bugs. Don't just post them in this thread.

we theory crafting bro

I accidentally discovered this before MCC dropped:

I edited the site (apologies if my form isn't ideal). Great work to all involved.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've encountered a glitch where you get dragged around a spawn area in a half-circle motion. I really do not understand if this is networking related, or if it's exclusive to the MCC edition of Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I edited the site (apologies if my form isn't ideal). Great work to all involved.

I think this is a HPC change.

tbh this probably makes battle creek play better

tbh this probably makes beaver creek play better

*Battle!

And even if that was objectively true, it really doesn't matter.