Sign in to follow this  
MrKillBoy

Competitive Status?

Has H2A been chosen as the competitive game or do we plan on going to something else? H2C or H3 for example.

This is a big deal because we need the forging community to pump out maps and we can't do that if we don't know for sure what game we're focusing on.

What are settings looking like? Has anyone bothered messing around with them?

What's the forging community into? Have we bothered looking into new maps?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Has H2A been chosen as the competitive game or do we plan on going to something else? H2C or H3 for example.

This is a big deal because we need the forging community to pump out maps and we can't do that if we don't know for sure what game we're focusing on.

Competitive game is H2A because of the Halo Championship Series and 343's support.

Maps: Warlord, Shrine, Lockdown (343 is also considering Forge Maps)

Gametypes: Slayer, Flag, Assault, King of the Hill (Possibly Oddball)

Ill say it again. Give us beaver creek and midship as an apology for this launch disaster and this game will be great. 

H2A is most popular right now so why not? would be a very good move for all. 

Max Hoberman from Certain Affinity already said they're not making anymore H2A maps.

Max Hoberman from Certain Affinity already said they're not making anymore H2A maps.

That does not mean shit. 343 can make them, they can hire someone else to make them, idc.

That was also said well before this launch disaster happened.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That does not mean shit. 343 can make them, they can hire someone else to make them, idc.

That was also said well before this launch disaster happened.

343 outsource everything, they made two things by themselves since forming... Halo MCC UI & Halo 4 so hopefully they stay the fuck away from remakes. Certain Affinity I'm sure with enough $ would do it.

Ill say it again. Give us beaver creek and midship as an apology for this launch disaster and this game will be great. 

They arent going to give us anything, including an apology. 

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 9

They arent going to give us anything, including an apology. 

They have already said sorry a 100 times and they are working 24/7 too fix it.

Youre really bad a getting your facts straight bro, as I've seen so many times.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Really hope 343 makes more maps. They can't seriously believe the game will stay interesting with 3 maps. I don't care if they're "considering" forged maps. I don't want there to be more forged maps than developed maps. Especially if they're a majority of where I find my fun.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel like I need to say this.

It is not up to the forge community to provide maps for your game. That would be the task of 343.

Also forgers have no reason to 'pump' out maps. As you may not know, but building maps does not happen over night. Most maps take at least a couple of weeks to get a v1 out and even then it takes many games and feedback to get the final map that is actually solid. Of course depending of the time the forger has and the amount of feedback he can get.

The forgers will release their maps once they feel they are ready for public play. Therefore no maps have been released yet to test out. However from what I have seen (and what you can see in the WAYWO thread in the forge section) the forgers are still trying to adjust to the new pallet which imo seems harder to forge with. Although the quality of the maps gameplay wise should be good.

• Upvote (+1) 2

343 outsource everything, they made two things by themselves since forming... Halo MCC UI & Halo 4 so hopefully they stay the fuck away from remakes. Certain Affinity I'm sure with enough $ would do it.

CA is in full development of a new non halo shooter for next year, they almost assuredly dont have the resources. even if they were free, with the capability of forge this time around we really dont need more full remakes, just proper matchmaking implementation of quality forge maps

• Upvote (+1) 3

CA is in full development of a new non halo shooter for next year, they almost assuredly dont have the resources. even if they were free, with the capability of forge this time around we really dont need more full remakes, just proper matchmaking implementation of quality forge maps

Having multiple maps with the same textures in competitive is getting really annoying to look at and play. I think it's time that these companies who claim to be developing their game with "competitive play in mind" start making quality maps instead of expecting the community to make a competitive game out of it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Better yet just release the map editor as a free download and the community will remake every map for them. It's the ultimate outsource.

I know it's unrealistic, but it would work.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Having multiple maps with the same textures in competitive is getting really annoying to look at and play. I think it's time that these companies who claim to be developing their game with competitive play in mind start making quality maps instead of expecting the community to make a competitive game out of it. 

more often than not the community is better at making maps than the dev team. (i think this isnt due to incompetence of the dev team but just the fact that the more people make maps the more good maps get made). i dont think anyone here will argue against the fact than a lot of halo 3 forge maps are better then out of the box maps, and we have much more of a variety to work with now in terms of forge pallets

game will die if we have a map pool of 3. That simple.

thats something we have control over this time around however, halos  rare in the fact that we arent immediately screwed if we get crap maps out the gate, (the past 3 games have proved this). is up to us to make good maps, and then for 343 to implement them
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Onslaught was my favorite map of all time.

You are a brave man. Although I must warn you, you are walking on dangerous ground right now.

You are a brave man. Although I must warn you, you are walking on dangerous ground right now.

Lol, I'm just being honest, maybe because I just played really well on that map, but I just really enjoyed Ons CTF.

more often than not the community is better at making maps than the dev team. (i think this isnt due to incompetence of the dev team but just the fact that the more people make maps the more good maps get made). i dont think anyone here will argue against the fact than a lot of halo 3 forge maps are better then out of the box maps, and we have much more of a variety to work with now in terms of forge pallets

thats something we have control over this time around however, halos  rare in the fact that we arent immediately screwed if we get crap maps out the gate, (the past 3 games have proved this). is up to us to make good maps, and then for 343 to implement them

You're right. But that doesn't mean that devs shouldn't take part too. 

And yeah, we have control over it this time, but the community shouldn't have to battle through a year or two of repetitive gameplay. We shouldn't have to be the only ones coming up with good maps. 

Yeah kinda bothers me that 343 didn't have the foresight to remake more competitively viable maps, nor did they have the foresight to give us more/better/not borked Forge options that would allow for better maps or at least ones that all don't look the same.

They have already said sorry a 100 times and they are working 24/7 too fix it.

Youre really bad a getting your facts straight bro, as I've seen so many times.

You are correct, I saw the same message on my xbox when I loaded the game as well. 

However, I was speaking more in generality, and historically there are NUMEROUS times when there was no explanation given or apology. Sure, we got one and sadly it took releasing a game that was completely disfunctional to get it.  But F all the other instances right?  Nothing with Halo 4? How about those competitive maps they promised us? Nope..  and thats just one "for instance"

But I will concede to the "staff" badge that you carry - Yes we have received one apology in reference to Halo MCC.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What? Why did you get so many +1s for this post, but got neg repped to oblivion for the other one that said the exact same thing? This community is bipolar.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What? Why did you get so many +1s for this post, but got neg repped to oblivion for the other one that said the exact same thing? This community is bipolar.

Exactly.

The halo community is lazy and whiny