Sign in to follow this  
careh

H5 Spectator Mode

I would like to see a birds eye view of the map with red and blue dots showing the players position at all times.

Also, I am not sure if this is possible, but i would like to see a "Game finder"/ "Player finder"  for spectator mode-  For example, if BTH is  scrimming STR8 i can watch in spectator mode instead of twitch.

I think it would be cool if they had a Timer on weapons. For example on the "Spectator Mode" screen You have an outline of sniper and like 2min written with the counter counting down. Same for a camo, OS, and rockets.

Also would be cool if you can see what weapons (and possibly ammo) each player is carrying. For example their nameplate followed by a sniper/br icon.

Obviously would be cool if those options would have an on/off switch.

In the perfect world the spec mode would have everything great from the CoD Caster, CS, Smite, League, etc. The best from them all. But I would honestly live with a CoD Caster replica. But the way they are explaining it, its gonna be much more then we are expecting. And that is my hope.

In the perfect world the spec mode would have everything great from the CoD Caster, CS, Smite, League, etc. The best from them all. But I would honestly live with a CoD Caster replica. But the way they are explaining it, its gonna be much more then we are expecting. And that is my hope.

I mean H5 is already going to be cod with shields why not just copy and paste the cod caster feature as well.

• Downvote (-1) 3

I mean H5 is already going to be cod with shields why not just copy and paste the cod caster feature as well.

I disagree with the comments about the game-play but that's for another thread. However reason I would live with a replica of the Cod caster is that it is a well put together caster that I enjoy watching.

I disagree with the comments about the game-play but that's for another thread. However reason I would live with a replica of the Cod caster is that it is a well put together caster that I enjoy watching.

Hey Buckeye, never knew that you posted here!

The Spectator Mode sounds really good, the game just needs to be good now, but I have a strange feeling that Sprint is just not going to work, no matter how bad it is nerfed. We shall see on the 29th.

What about lines that follow a grenade's trajectory, like in CS GO? Perhaps there could be a small indicator for where the player was looking when he threw the nade, which could make it a bit easier to learn nade spots.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What about lines that follow a grenade's trajectory, like in CS GO? Perhaps there could be a small indicator for where the player was looking when he threw the nade, which could make it a bit easier to learn nade spots.

I like this idea a lot. The nade trails in cs go are really cool and that would be a cool thing to see in Halo. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere... But the time delay to prevent cheating would be a real problem for live events, would it not? I've never been to an event and I don't know exactly how they're run; but to me it seems like a problem.

Perhaps it can be a game mode or map setting. You can turn this "live spectator mode" on when both teams aren't concerned with cheating.

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere... But the time delay to prevent cheating would be a real problem for live events, would it not? I've never been to an event and I don't know exactly how they're run; but to me it seems like a problem.

Perhaps it can be a game mode or map setting. You can turn this "live spectator mode" on when both teams aren't concerned with cheating.

That's where refs come into play at a live event.

As for Online Tournaments, it's all about how it's implemented. Never was a problem in the past so I don't see it being one now.

That's where refs come into play at a live event.

As for Online Tournaments, it's all about how it's implemented. Never was a problem in the past so I don't see it being one now.

He's talking about a forced delay for any spectator causing issues with the live feed going out to the in house audience. I would assume that they'll include the option for 'local spectator' in custom games with 0 delay.

Even if online games use a dedicated local spec (0 delay) for streaming / casting purposes you shouldn't really get issues with ghosting due to the inherent twitch delay anyway.