Sign in to follow this  
CyReN

Halo: Combat Evolved was released 13 years ago today

My experience is the same as, like, 90% of the people who found Halo. Go to a friend's or relative's house. They say, "Shit mang, check this shit." I checked it, and it basically got me into vidya games.

It was late 2002, early 2003? Yeah, I was around six years old. Flood terrified my tiny mind. :(

Unfortunately, I only got my own Xbox and subscription in late 2009. For the most part I missed out on Halo 2 and the hype of finishing the fight. (I started online with ODST. I'm an ODST kid. :trash: )

Not to say I never played Halo 2 though. Certainly played it at my cousin's, but he was too far away to play it often. I thought MCC would be my chance to experience what I missed. Guess not.

I was really enthralled with the idea of using a Pistol like a sniper. The notion that a handgun could shoot so far kinda sold the whole future thing for me at that age.

Oh, and I would stack warthogs and Marines at the door on Silent Cartographer so that they would drill the Elite that comes out during the cutscene when you open said door.

I'm on T&R at the moment. 

love the line "no covenant, you HAD TO OPEN YOUR MOUTH."  lmao, get's me everytime

It's funny, the trick I used to freeze AotCR back in the day was completely separate from the one Goatrope used in his speedrun.

I'm on T&R at the moment. 

love the line "no covenant, you HAD TO OPEN YOUR MOUTH."  lmao, get's me everytime

All the marine dialogue in Halo 1 is 10/10