CyReN

The Halo Bulletin [Episode 24 Released]

Since the bulletin has moved to a video format, I will update this thread every Friday with the newest video.

Each week The Bulletin brings you the latest Halo news, game updates, and exclusive reveals direct from the source at 343 Industries. This week we ask the fans at HaloFest to share their greatest Halo memories and catch up with 343’s Community Manager, Bravo, about the future of Halo e-Sports and the announcement of the Halo Championship Series

• Upvote (+1) 2

I really wish Bravo/bsangel would have been doing these, they talk more like they are talking with you and not at you.  I know it's just the bulletin lol but you can notice him reading the teleprompter, cheesy attempts at jokes and doesn't seem like a person who cares about the people playing halo.

Oh yeah and not a single fucken mention on the MCC matchmaking problems.  Not a single word about it.  If it was a written BULLETIN, we would have had a page worth of information. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really wish Bravo would have been doing these, he talks more like he is talking with you and not at you.  I know it's just the bulletin lol but you can notice him reading the teleprompter, cheesy attempts at jokes and doesn't seem like a person who care about the people playing halo.

Oh yeah and not a single fucken mention on the MCC matchmaking problems.  Not a single word about it.  If it was a written BULLETIN, we would have had a page worth of information. 

The bulletin was pre recorded. But I agree that if it was written, we would have probably got some more up to date info.

Anything worth watching? Really cba to listen to a whole video when I don't care about 99.9% of anything they ever have to say in their old bulletins but at least I could skim through those quickly

This new guy is fucking awful they should of just let Bravo do the videos and half of the video is an advertisement for there shitty halo store.  :kappa:

It would be the exact same with Bravo doing them :/

• Upvote (+1) 1

Okay so I watched it. Yeah it was definitely a waste of time. The only semi interesting part was how they've delayed the mobile game to work on MCC. That looks nice. I wish we could work with them to help them produce content that was full of... content? Lol. They could probably go into certain details or describe the thought process and decision making behind creating games or level design as it relates to H5 or previous titles. Really anything with substance and it would be pretty awesome. Right now though that was definitely a waste of time to create.

I really hate how it seems like pretty much all of 343s content is just marketing and useless fluff. They throw around catch phrases or talk about how something is awesome without really describing the subject itself or why and how its awesome. It's kind of like what bungie did but they (343) are't nearly as good at making it sound cool without actually telling you anything about the subject at all. I just feel like without that real content full of substance and actual dialogue relating to the game design written out in a way your average reader could understand it and have their concerns addressed in that dialogue for better or worse they're missing a huge chunk of what could make 343 a studio that large amounts of people would rally behind and become fans of. They come off like they're just trying to sell you something then bail out with your cash where a studio like Blizzard seems really invested in creating a sort of brand loyalty and creating customers that will come back until Blizzard stops producing games. 

Episode 4 is out!

Notes

• Brief update on Halo: MCC
  • A recap on the Halo Championship Series and an explanation of different event tiers
  • An interview with Josh Holmes about Halo 5: Guardians

Since the bulletin has moved to a video format, I will update this thread every Friday with the newest video.

The rocket launcher looks...different. Is this new or didn't people already know this and I just missed it?

i've lost so much interest in these since they started doing videos

Yep. There's nothing new in these videos, either. If they want The Bulletin to become popular, they have to save announcements for it.

As for ep. 6, that is the second time 343 has said "We'll working with our partners and will have more details in the coming months, but as for right now, we are announcing ODST". Does this pretty much confirm Reach in MCC? Don't see what else it could be.

i've lost so much interest in these since they started doing videos

I feel the same way

I watched it a few weeks ago and half of it was advertisements

Yep. There's nothing new in these videos, either. If they want The Bulletin to become popular, they have to save announcements for it.

As for ep. 6, that is the second time 343 has said "We'll working with our partners and will have more details in the coming months, but as for right now, we are announcing ODST". Does this pretty much confirm Reach in MCC? Don't see what else it could be.

He doesn't say that.

He says "As a bonus, we've also begun working with our partners to create new content as well. We'll have more details in the coming month, but today we can reveal that development has started on the Campaign of Halo: ODST which will be available in the Master Chief Collection running at 1080p and 60 frames per second."

Where did he originally say your quote?

@@Moa It wasn't an accurate quote. I was just getting the sense of what they're saying. Your quote says the same thing. They are implying that they're working on unannounced MCC projects.

@@Moa It wasn't an accurate quote. I was just getting the sense of what they're saying. Your quote says the same thing. They are implying that they're working on unannounced MCC projects.

They are? 

I'm honestly reading that and seeing "We've contacted our partners and began work on Halo 3: ODST and we'll have more details about it in the coming months, but for now - it'll be 1080p/60fps."

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't understand why they changed the look of the rocket launcher to make it look more realistic.. Like.. why?

No clue, but it's ugly, generic and lacks the "cool" and interesting factor of the previous versions. 343's art team is slacking.