Sign in to follow this  
Promethean Zz

MCC Population?

Is there a way we can find out the game's population?

I've searched all around (I googled a bit) and I've found nothing, how big of an effect have these issues had?

Extra casual question: Another thing that has alluded my internet search is armour permutations, what is there?

At this point I don't even want to see the population.... Too scared.

Every armor is available but locked in sets, except for the Championship DLC Halo 4 armor (which I hope comes out again...)

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

At this point I don't even want to see the population.... Too scared.

Every armor is available but locked in sets, except for the Championship DLC Halo 4 armor (which I hope comes out again...)

I should have been more specific; I mean the H2A armour. Ninja seems to have a cool set but I have no idea what it is. Or why it interests me

We can't see the population counter and there are three armour sets for H2A.

• Upvote (+1) 1

kinda upset at only 3 armour sets in H2A. And that they preset, Im the type of guy that spends ages pimping out my dude.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

1/2 of whatever it would be if they didn't collosally fuck up the launch. And the populations going to continue to bleed until they fix it.

Yet another thing they shouldn't have removed from the game. Although they probably were doing it to prevent possible embarrassment if their game ended up being a flop. I don't think they did it in preparation for it to flop at 12:01AM on November 11th, but hey, ya win some ya lose some. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

The only people who are playing right now are kids who don't have anything else and the competitive community

I don't see who else would bother

The competitive community? Lol yeah right.  Majority of the time, 6 out of the 7 other players have no idea what halo is and cant even work a br.  Its a bore having to carry and stomp kids every game, not even fun for me.  I'll put up a +20 on KoTH while my teammates combine for like a +2, I don't think thats the "competitive community".

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does anyone have sales figures? And are they able to definitively report digital sales?

Max Hoberman described MCC as insane. It was ambitious. You have to agree it is impressive what they have accomplished. MCC is the xb1 ticket this xmas so you know they will throw everything at it to get mm working asap.

I for one am impressed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does anyone have sales figures? And are they able to definitively report digital sales?

I think the latest estimates are between 800k and 900k in the first weeks. The only official number would be if Major Nelson announced it or Xbox wire, etc. 

hilarious how they removed the population counter which has been a staple for years in the series. Insecure ass company.

• Upvote (+1) 8

hilarious how they removed the population counter which has been a staple for years in the series. Insecure ass company.

TBH I think it is a good thing, as it encourages people to try new playlists. Back in H3 I used to only play TS and occasionally BTB because of the population numbers

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

TBH I think it is a good thing, as it encourages people to try new playlists. Back in H3 I used to only play TS and occasionally BTB because of the population numbers

This is an excellent point. This is why I wish there was blind voting like in Reach's Arena.

They probably took it out so they didn't have to deal with the embarrassment of seeing 1/100th of the population playing their shitty failure of a game called Halo 4.

I wouldn't mind them removing the population counters for each playlist, but they should give us a total online on the main menu lobby screen. 

Pretty sure they took it out because of CoachMayne.

no

Once the population numbers come out it and displays for a little bit it will confirm whether I will spend the time or money to buy an xbox one and play Halo again.  From the looks of things ain't looking too pretty.  I'm not wasting 300-400+ dollars for a game that's going to repeat H4's population/matchmaking problems.

Once the population numbers come out it and displays for a little bit it will confirm whether I will spend the time or money to buy an xbox one and play Halo again.  From the looks of things ain't looking too pretty.

I wouldn't expect the population numbers to come out tbh. They'll probably be embarrassed seeing as so many people left already due to MCC being shit off launch. They might release a figure for copies sold, though.

• Upvote (+1) 2