menotyou135

Alright, so lets talk H2A settings

Lockout TS is always going to be a slow moving gametype, no matter what you do with weapon/powerup placements.  The maps structure guarantees a slow pace of play, and I'm personally not a fan of the gametype at all.  That said, I fully expect it to remain in the settings. 

I think the best way to improve it is to put Shotgun top mid and Camo at elbow. 

As others have said, placing the shotgun at top mid provides a way to break a snipe setup.

I like Camo at elbow.  It forces teams to try to rotate their map positioning, and punishes them if they don't.  The same could be said if Camo was placed in Green room, but battles over that area of the map just turn into an unorganized mess. 

I really don't feel it's necessary to have anything in Green room, but if anything I would move sword there.  Sword at its current location does absolutely nothing to instigate conflict, and offers very little immediate advantage to the person who grabs it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The Brute Shot could also help with the trick jump to BR 2 that usually requires two people. But the reason that jump is effective is because it's stealthy, and the Brute Shot isn't the stealthiest of weapons.

@a Chunk I agree with your ideas. Camo in the middle of the new elbow plat makes perfect sense. So does swapping PP and shotty spawns (Plasma pistol in green makes aethetical sense :p). Shotty would need 1-clip only though IMO.

As for sword keep it where it is - moving it closer to snipe would make snipe op. Its bad enough that snipe now has camo beside it. You also dont want to change the map too much.

I am sure 343 would be happy with barrels being set not to respawn, stalactites gone, camo added and pp/shotty swapped. Thats not a drastic difference really, but would play drastically better.

I am also putting forward the idea that on every map plasma rifles are to be changed to brute versions!

• Upvote (+1) 1

@a Chunk I agree with your ideas. Camo in the middle of the new elbow plat makes perfect sense. So does swapping PP and shotty spawns (Plasma pistol in green makes aethetical sense :P). Shotty would need 1-clip only though IMO.

As for sword keep it where it is - moving it closer to snipe would make snipe op. Its bad enough that snipe now has camo beside it. You also dont want to change the map too much.

I am sure 343 would be happy with barrels being set not to respawn, stalactites gone, camo added and pp/shotty swapped. Thats not a drastic difference really, but would play drastically better.

I am also putting forward the idea that on every map plasma rifles are to be changed to brute versions!

Personally I think camo green > camo elbow. If camo was elbow, teams in control will be given an incentive to sit and bait it with the sniper. Or with nades. If the problem is that it's too hard to push out of green room, why put camo outside of green room?

If camo was put on elbow, maybe moving (switching?) default sniper and sword might be an interesting option. Having sniper low on the map and far from elbow would result in less baiting than having it in s3.

the best settings for "halo 2 anniversary" would be to press start, down, a, and load up a good halo game.

thanks,

box

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

the best settings for "halo 2 anniversary" would be to press start, down, a, and load up a good halo game.

thanks,

box

HCS > Nostalgia

• Upvote (+1) 5

HCS > Nostalgia

mate, tiny ass tournaments that don't have one tenth of the attendance or viewership of past MLGs that i actually went to and enjoyed, are not worth playing a horrible game when we all know you arent in the running for the minimum wage esque prize money. HCS in no way should force this community to play that poo poo game.

and by nostalgia i hope you mean: playing good video games. having enjoyable experiences, playing video games for recreation while still being competitive, etc.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If camo in green, maybe add a lift to send you to bottom glass after you get it?

TS only

If camo was put on elbow, maybe moving (switching?) default sniper and sword might be an interesting option. Having sniper low on the map and far from elbow would result in less baiting than having it in s3.

Guardian had camo in direct line of sight from sniper and that didn't work out too badly

Probably been said before but here we go.

Lockout - Lockout Ball. If you're going to play KotH then I think blue team needs a different starting spawn location or the starting hill spawn needs to be somewhere away from red spawn. A lot of the games started off with red going up immediately because they spawned in the power position along with blue spawning in the worst possible location on the map. If you're going to play TS, if people feel its competitive albeit extremely slow, then I think it should be reserved for game 5s or 11s so that the tension it brings at the end of games is enhanced and enjoyable for everyone. Also so that we don't see it quite so much. It's special and cool in moderation but not if its game 2 or 1 so that we ALWAYS see it. Camo or OS on elbow might be a good idea.

Sanctuary - Sanctuary needs to have teams spawning on their own side every time. People already like to camp on Sanc TS and knowing the other team can spawn behind you is just going to make camping back that much more attractive.

Warlock - Seemed to play just fine IMO. Maybe we could look at ball on this map.

Weapon sets/Power ups - Static timers are a must. Seems to me that there are no really broken/nooby weapons in comparison to the traditional competitive items that would upset the balance. I'd leave everything in until a time that something proves to be totally broken and remove them on a case by case basis. I really feel we've gone bare bones in our settings for too long. OS needs a buff.

Ascension/Zanzibar - We should try to make these function as one sided objective round based gametypes if at all possible with forge. We really need the maps.

Assault - Arm times and reset times need to be tweaked.

There's probably more but its all I can think of off the top of my head atm

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ascension King of the Hill with a new Weapon Set, Beaver Creek Forge, Static Timers on all maps, Lockdown Ball, and maybe an OS on Warlord (even though it played decently as is)

Ascension King of the Hill with a new Weapon Set, Beaver Creek Forge, Static Timers on all maps, Lockdown Ball, and maybe an OS on Warlord (even though it played decently as is)

where can I download?

where can I download?

Huh? Those were just ideas, no offcial D/L's I might actually play around with some Zenith changes this week though.

All I know is lockout ball, remove slayer on that map

Forge a map similar to Amplified for TS replacment tell me how many intense games youve seen on there

The H2 weapon spawn system is fucking trash, is there a way to bring back drop/static spawns?

Yes. Scripting allows it. 

The Brute Shot could also help with the trick jump to BR 2 that usually requires two people. But the reason that jump is effective is because it's stealthy, and the Brute Shot isn't the stealthiest of weapons.

What do you guys think about brute shot replacing sword? I feel sword has no place on the campiest TS map.

So I have been thinking long and hard about H2A lockout and how best to improve it without changing what people liked about it. 

Changes:

Breakable rocks gone

They were a gimmick and are not consistent. They are also simply clunky for play

Snipe spawn every 90s if 1 spare clip and 120s if 2 spare clips

This is pretty simple. If we want frequent sniper spawns to create more contention between the team at snipe poking out long enough to get it, and BR trying to fight them back until they can send someone over, then 90s on one spare clip. This is frequent and there is less ammo. If we want one sniper to have more control over the game, 120s on 2 spare clips.

Snipe moved forward enough that a good grenade will knock it top mid.

This is simple. Those who know nade tricks should be rewarded and it adds a slight halo 1 style weapon control to the game. It also adds more strategy to the fight over snipe.

Fusion Coils at snipe do not respawn

This is simply to make it play more like H2 sniper at the start. Moving it forward to be nadable is a compromise between respawning fusion coils and non-respawning fusion coils (the people I have talked to about this were pretty split on this point).

60s Camo placed halfway down green tunnel (placed there so it is harder to just nade spam from bottom mid to burn it, the point is to force engagement)

As stated above, this is to force some sort of action out of teams on a frequent basis. 3 scenarios can happen: 1) Both teams fight, causing an engagement where it is burned, 2) Both teams fight causing an engagement where one team gets it and is able to flank a setup on the spawning team, 3) One team lets the other get it causing the camoed team to have an easier time breaking a setup. We saw this in guardian, but camo was in a place where teams were able to do a 4th option which is just pick off the player going for camo with a sniper, negating the point fairly often. 

Static timers across the board 

This should be obvious but for those who don't realize why this is important, it is because when both teams always know when weapons will spawn, it forces engagements on those spawns causing a faster paced game overall. I could settle for camo being dynamic, but that lowers the effectiveness of points 1 and 2 above. 

Brute shot replacing sword (spawning at the same time as sniper)

The sword is the easiest weapon in the series to camp with except arguably the rockets, but is not nearly as effective offensively. Putting the campiest weapon on the campiest map makes the map even campier. One the other hand, brute shot is much more effective offensively. Also, it is a one hit kill on a jumping melee, making it have a slight sword like function that requires more skill to use. Spawning it at the same time as snipe also allows both teams to have a power weapon to work with, rather than just one team. This makes it less risky to push for the sniperless team.

Shotgun moved top middle (where it spawned in MLG Lockout)

Shotgun is also campy, so keeping it seems kinda silly. However, we can control it's ammo count unlike sword. Putting it top middle also allows for one to grab it during a top middle push and assault library or snipe. Furthermore it is familiar to those who played human weapon set on lockout, and removing both sword and shotgun may alienate some.

Fusion coils top mid and top blue replaced with geometry of similar size to be used as cover for those wishing to push.

Placing geometry top mid allows for some sort of cover for those going to mid, without changing much to the actual map. It also removes the possibility of random stupid death by the maps hazards and makes sense to those who are used to traditional lockout.

Fusion coil BR 1 that was used for the trick jump replaced with geometry of similar size

Same idea as top mid, except this allows a bottom flank to get to BR2 a different way that existed in H2. It is also more consistent because the fusion coil could disappear in H2. 

S1 fusion coil replaced with a BR1 style fusion coil jump (without the fusion coil of course)

Same thing as above except there was never a jump to begin with here. It should make getting into S1 more effective during a push as the other team has to watch 3 places rather than just 2.

All other coils removed

Once again, random and doesn't add anything of real value to the map.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Can someone explain to me what is wrong with H2A besides the grenade indicator's and hitmarkers on grenades? Everything else feels the same to me? I feel like all I ever hear is people bitching about it.

Whatever, OT I'm hoping like most here for a Midship and Beaver Creek forge re-imagine. As much as I disliked Halo 4, that Midship like map they were using was beautiful, probably the best forge map I've ever seen. I'd love to see that make a return to fill that role. As for Beaver Creek it is long overdue for an update as well, even if it is just changed up so it's actually symetrical. My ideal lineup would be.

Lockout TS

Shrine TS

Warlord TS

Midship TS

Beaver Creek TS

Shrine CTF

Warlord CTF

Midship CTF

Beaver Creek CTF

Lockout Ball

Beaver Creek Hill

I understand that Lockout TS is a very slow gametype but it has such a big skill gap. It requires more coordination and teamwork than most of the other gametypes. Having a camo that spawns every 3 minutes might make sense to help break set ups but any time more frequent than that would be overkill. If a power up or a new power weapon is placed on the map that is bottom mid, green, or elbow, then the meta will most likely swap to a snipe/blue set up in order to control those areas. The map will always be setup oriented because that is how it is designed. I think it should stay the way it is and watch people try to solve the BR set up puzzle. It's a breakable set up, it just requires teamwork and coordination.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can someone explain to me what is wrong with H2A besides the grenade indicator's and hitmarkers on grenades? Everything else feels the same to me? I feel like all I ever hear is people bitching about it.

The Battle Rifle is slightly weaker; button combos like double shot no longer exist, and it actually has some spread.  The lessened lethality only compounds Halo 2's original hints of stagnancy and deflation of the importance of individuals.  Overall the game is rather bland--good, but bland.  Pretty, though.  Don't get me wrong, it's fun to watch, except for the standoffs.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is anyone actually testing this Lockout-Camo idea, or is the plan to talk it to death and wait for another double stalemate in the next tournament?  It's not as though everyone is too busy with matchmaking at the moment.  I would be very interested to know how the Brute Shot works, if it does at all. 

I really want Neutral Bomb on Shrine to work but I just don't think it does. Even with a longer bomb reset time I'm not seeing teams be able to set up at all. You can clearly see the team who's pushing into the base able to slay the majority of the other team but as soon as someone spawns they can easily chuck nades right to the planting zone. This could change if players only spawned with 1 grenade but as of right now I don't really enjoy it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

all i want in life is to be able to make half these basic jumps can we talk about movement speed and gravity to but bumped up to 110 would work great id like to test it more.

The Battle Rifle is slightly weaker

The lessened lethality...

What the farq are you talking about bro? The super-improved netcode makes the BR a fucking destroyer in H2A. H2C's is pathetic in comparison when any kind of range is involved.
  • Upvote (+1) 3