menotyou135

Alright, so lets talk H2A settings

Not camo. It needs to be a weapon, not something that goes away if the first person to get it dies (which they will).

if only h2a had custom powerups

Not camo. It needs to be a weapon, not something that goes away if the first person to get it dies (which they will).

I don't know how powerful it is in H2A, but the Brute Shot would be useful against snipe tower, library, and the elbows, concussing players off the map.

Edit: Honestly, the best weapon for Lockout would be the Grenade Launcher.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why not put sniper where shotgun spawns on lockdown? Then have nothing s3 and get rid of shotgun and have only sword and sniper on the map. Have no weapons spawn off start for two minutes.

Just an open minded thought. In my head the players who spawn bottom green have a chance at getting map control back since they could get snipe and try to get a pick, but they'd have to be aware of sword player so idk, could be fun, could be bad

EDIT: Replace sword with shotgun, sword is too OP

You can't change Lockout cos everyone will tell you to fuck off. All it needs is random elements removed so you aren't being randomly 1-hit throughout the match

I know theres been a push to not touch maps and settings but H2A kinda needs it. At the very least base player traits need to be touched

Well Camo is usually good for breaking setups, so it being on the map could be very useful and it being bottom middle would lead to one of 3 scenarios: 

Both teams try to get it and fight on the bottom leading to a guaranteed encounter every 60 seconds regardless of whether or not it is burnt

One team ignores it and tries to kill the Camo kid leading to a potential setup break

Both teams ignoring it (this probably won't actually happen much at a high level when people know spawn times. 

So are there official HCS gametypes yet? If so is there any place to get them?

i think its the HCS playlist.  which is why i dont think any of this matters.  would they listen to us to change things around for HCS?  i mean it's still the preseason but IDK.  

dynamic powerup timers + static weapon timers =D

thats my suggestion.  add more things to control on the maps.   

would HCS support forge maps?  

Current HCS Playlist Settings:

Slayer: Warlord, Shrine, Lockdown

Flag: Warlord, Shrine

Hill: Lockdown, Warlord

Assault: Shrine, Warlord

My Ideal List (Assuming BO11)

Slayer: Warlord, Shrine, Lockdown, Beaver Creek Forge?, Midship Forge?

Flag: Warlord, Shrine, Beaver Creek?

Assault: Shrine

Hill: Warlord

Oddball: Lockdown

If 343 isn't up to use Forge maps, we're going to need to use one more map, and that is obviously Zenith. In that case we need to heavily modify the map. 1-2 Powerups and remove 1 or both Snipers.

In addition the timers are so inconsistent across all the maps, they need to be static and more universal.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So are there official HCS gametypes yet? If so is there any place to get them?

Look at my above Quote. You can view them in the HCS MCC playlist (at least the prototype preseason ones)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Look at my above Quote. You can view them in the HCS MCC playlist (at least the prototype preseason ones)

thanks man appreciated.

edit: are there any specific settings tho. and can i view it without having to get matched?

thanks man appreciated.

edit: are there any specific settings tho. and can i view it without having to get matched?

Nope, sadly you'll have to wait to get matches to get the specific settings.

Most likely BR Starts, no Secondary, no radar

For Flag it's probably either similar to H2 or H3 settings.

How about about a 2 round 3-plot gametype where teams switch sides each round for Lockout and possibly ascension?

Other than that...

Make all items spawn on static timers.

Place a 60 second camo at bottom green on lockout, move shotgun to top mid. Remove stalactites and make glass unbreakable.

Remove waterfalls on sanctuary.

Make rockets and snipers spawn on 120 second timers across all gametypes.

Make player movement speed 120% across all gametypes.

Gametypes:

Lockout- TS, Ball, 3-plot?

Sanctuary- TS, CTF,

Warlock- TS, CTF, bomb, hill

Ascension- Hill? 3-plot?

It would probably be best to stay away from forge, though we would have an endless map pool if we utilized it. Hopefully smaller maps for fast gameplay (non remakes) will be focused on. With h2a's slower pace, we need faster gametypes.

The amount of people who are putting Lockdown TS in their lists is disappointing. Did you guys watch the finals last weekend?

• Upvote (+1) 1

No Lockdown TS and for the love of everything that is Halo, please no more forge remakes. No Midship or Midship Clones, Beaver Creek, I think a good mix of Lockdown, Warlord, and Shrine, plus some good forge maps, would be ideal. Maybe have some tweaks to power ups and weapons. And we got a competitive stew going.

original.jpg

The amount of people who are putting Lockdown TS in their lists is disappointing. Did you guys watch the finals last weekend?

Lockdown TS can work, it just needs a few tweaks.

Lockdown TS can work, it just needs a few tweaks.

Like putting some sort of item in the middle of the map that gives players points for holding it.

Just a thought, no idea if it would work in practice.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How about about a 2 round 3-plot gametype where teams switch sides each round for Lockout and possibly ascension?

Other than that...

Make all items spawn on static timers.

Place a 60 second camo at bottom green on lockout, move shotgun to top mid. Remove stalactites and make glass unbreakable.

Remove waterfalls on sanctuary.

Make rockets and snipers spawn on 120 second timers across all gametypes.

Make player movement speed 120% across all gametypes.

Gametypes:

Lockout- TS, Ball, 3-plot?

Sanctuary- TS, CTF,

Warlock- TS, CTF, bomb, hill

Ascension- Hill? 3-plot?

It would probably be best to stay away from forge, though we would have an endless map pool if we utilized it. Hopefully smaller maps for fast gameplay (non remakes) will be focused on. With h2a's slower pace, we need faster gametypes.

Why remove the waterfalls? From what I have seen they don't seem to be game breaking.

It could actually add in some strategy if you think about it. You are about to cap the flag but are being chased by someone but then your teammate thinks on his feet and shoots the waterfall thing. Preventing the guy chasing you from seeing you.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why remove the waterfalls? From what I have seen they don't seem to be game breaking.

It could actually add in some strategy if you think about it. You are about to cap the flag but are being chased by someone but then your teammate thinks on his feet and shoots the waterfall thing. Preventing the guy chasing you from seeing you.

what's that guy's counterplay in this situation?

Does the best play become to bum rush through the waterfall and get instantly picked off?

I've played enough H3 thank you, don't need any more.

in that situation your teammate should either have to pick that guy off, you drop the flag and help, or some other move that does not involve activating the get out of jail free card that's the functional equivalent of evading in Reach.

what's that guy's counterplay in this situation?

Does the best play become to bum rush through the waterfall and get instantly picked off?

I've played enough H3 thank you, don't need any more.

in that situation your teammate should either have to pick that guy off, you drop the flag and help, or some other move that does not involve activating the get out of jail free card that's the functional equivalent of evading in Reach.

That guy still has multiple options. He can nade the flag, kill my teammate who activated the waterfall, or just continue to follow me and kill me. Now idk if any of those will work but that's the thing we haven't seen or played enough with the waterfall on shrine to see if it's game breaking or not and we are already saying to get rid of it. If we find out that it is then by all means get rid of it but from what we've seen so far it does not at all seem like a get out of jail free card.

Lockout TS is a bad campy gametype. The fact that everyone picks it just shows how everyone doesn't know what a good gametype is. The map needs some drastic changes to be good. I'm thinking place some cover top middle. @Cursed_Lemon would approve I think.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lockout TS would never work unless you change some major changes like trev said, but h2 players would never be down for it and 343 will probably be saying it's too different from MM. Just make it Oddball/KoTH.

Edit: Also, I understand having slow maps can be hype when it is close to the end of the game, but honestly its fucking boring before the end. Just moving your reticule in circles watching a few positions and shit. Not to mention that whole stalemate gives you waaay too much time to think of a strategy, imo you should have to think quickly in Halo

• Upvote (+1) 1

Am I the only one who doesn't like the # of nades you can carry/their blast radius? I feel like one or the other needs to be tweaked. I get the reason they bought it back is because it was in H2c but I don't think it works very well. Especially on smaller maps like Warlord where everyone can just chuck nades everywhere and get kills. 

Or I would be fine if you spawn with only 1 nade. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

We've seen it for years and it's the same scenario.

But people somehow like Pit TS.

The fact that everyone picks it just shows how everyone doesn't know what a good gametype is.

No, it just shows that people play what they know and are used to.

or in short, people are beings rules by emotion/feelings and not logic/reason

or in short in short, basic psychology.

That guy still has multiple options. He can nade the flag, kill my teammate who activated the waterfall, or just continue to follow me and kill me. 

blindly throwing in a nade shouldn't be the best option.

It's not gamebreaking by any means.  Just game... reducing.

get rid of it simply because it's antithetical to the competitive direction of good gameplay through superior strategy and tactics, with as many elements that increase the skill ceiling as possible.

a button that shields a base is antithetical to that.

• Upvote (+1) 1