menotyou135

Alright, so lets talk H2A settings

The thing in slayer is if you are winning and you got mapcontrol and rockets there is just no reason to push with them since you could get sniped and having rockets in ring is a very safe way to hold down ring because the enemy team has to die a few times if the rocket player is doing it right. When games get to 45-45 or above rockets will make it really standoff-ish. If it is 45-45 and one team gets a powerup it is the time to make plays because your advantage is limited in time (like I said earlier).

Only two rockets is not good IMO because it is not so important to go for them.

And as I said I think rockets work perfect in Shrine CTF but a powerup would do better on Shrine slayer.

Do you have a specific reason why you don't want a powerup spawning ring one?

Biggest issue being that we can't set a custom power up and standard OS/Camo would not cut it.  Camo is very weak in H2A and super visible with HD textures and monitors.  The biggest issue is thatpower ups are used to take/break set ups, but you are placing it in the area where people are going to be set up, thus negating it for most games.

Camo worked in Reach because the Sanc remake was smaller and 100% symmetrical.  All lines of sight were even on both sides.  This is not the case on Shrine.  In Reach, you did not have to risk too much to put shots and try to force a ring two push, which was good.  It balanced out the power position in a way that forced skill to be needed to hold and break it.

With Shrine (and it was a problem with Sanc up until remakes happened) is that once you were in ring 2 (especially when sword was on map) it was very hard to get out.  You have to commit a lot more and have a bigger risk trying to break ring 2 control than the defending team has holding it.  My main concern is once you hold ring 2 and are decently skilled, the game snowballs, which is not a good thing.

Just like it is very easy to set up and hold OS on Prisoner and cycle it, I am concerned the same could happen on Shrine.

Currently, 1 standing melee and 1 burst (if all 3 bullets hit) will kill.  2 melees can kill if one of those melees was a forward moving melee or a jumping melee (just like H2 classic, moving/jumping melees do more damage than standing/crouching melees).

If this is true, it is slightly glitched in H2A.  I have been playing almost nothing but customs and for all my melee's and my friends it is always 3 hit kills whether standing or jumping.  Mine could be an isolated issue though.

Also please do not make all the forge maps in hcs just remakes

This 1000x. I would really like to see original Forge maps. I think a Midship remake then like 2-3 new maps would be great to add to the lineup.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This 1000x. I would really like to see original Forge maps. I think a Midship remake then like 2-3 new maps would be great to add to the lineup.

I think pretty much everyone wants to see original forge maps. Problem is though that casuals who just tune into an event stream and see a map that they have never seen before will probably just exit the stream because they don't know wtf is going on. So, I think it is critical for the forge maps that we choose to use get implemented into regular H2A playlists as well, not just the HCS playlist. So, we don't separate ourselves from the general halo community. This goes the same for any changes(weapon spawns, player spawns, etc.) that happen to any maps. 

I think pretty much everyone wants to see original forge maps. Problem is though that casuals who just tune into an event stream and see a map that they have never seen before will probably just exit the stream because they don't know wtf is going on. So, I think it is critical for the forge maps that we choose to use get implemented into regular H2A playlists as well, not just the HCS playlist. So, we don't separate ourselves from the general halo community. This goes the same for any changes(weapon spawns, player spawns, etc.) that happen to any maps. 

True. That is the reaso why I don't want changes in movement speed and weapon damage.

If this is true, it is slightly glitched in H2A.  I have been playing almost nothing but customs and for all my melee's and my friends it is always 3 hit kills whether standing or jumping.  Mine could be an isolated issue though.

I performed some tests on the melees with some friends. The number of beat downs, and the number of shots followed by a beatdown that a person can survive definitely needs to be touched up. (4 BR shots and an unmoving beatdown did not kill).

Momentum plays a role in how effective you beat down is in H2A. Whether or not this was in the original H2, I don't really know if I support it. 

I personally think lockout shouldn't even be in the competitive settings. the map is trash. Maybe lockout oddball but thats the only thing i could see being playable on it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't understand the hate for slow paced gametypes like Lockout TS. 

I love the listen ins during these matches and the nail biting moments leading up to a team making a mistake or being forced to push. I love it. To each their own I guess.

• Upvote (+1) 4

As slow gametypes go, I've always preferred Pit TS to lockout TS: there was an overshield / camo every two minutes, and craziness always ensued. The problem with lockdown is if you get stuck in the wrong place, you have no escape plan.

I actually like slow gametypes too, just not unfair ones.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The beginning of this video breaks down the melee combat.  It is very consistent for me but seems to have slightly stricter requirements on what counts as moving/jumping for melees compared to H2C, but just like H2C you basically have to be falling from a jump to get the stronger melee damage.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't understand the hate for slow paced gametypes like Lockout TS. 

I love the listen ins during these matches and the nail biting moments leading up to a team making a mistake or being forced to push. I love it. To each their own I guess.

I kind of agree with you. The only reason I'm sort of against it is because having just played a game that was the epitome of what I and other are worried about, is that it was not fun to play at all. The people watching the stream of it loved it, though. 

I really really don't want to see someone remake the Pit and have to play it for another few years. The map was never as good as people said and TS on that map is cancer. For the love of god please can we not have the Pit this time.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Don't know if I'm alone on this but I would like Ascension/Slayer added into the mix. Not sure how I feel about two snipers on the map though since that slows the game down considerably. 

Maybe one sniper on the map?

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Don't know if I'm alone on this but I would like Ascension/Slayer added into the mix. Not sure how I feel about two snipers on the map though since that slows the game down considerably. 

Nope, don't forge or tweak the maps...  Leave them as is.

I personally think lockout shouldn't even be in the competitive settings. the map is trash. Maybe lockout oddball but thats the only thing i could see being playable on it.

But we really don't have the option to take lockout out though. If we did that almost all the maps would be forge maps.

2 Snipes on Ascension would be fine, just lower the ammo count for each one. Same goes for the two Shotguns on Warlord.

I think we should start deciding on map/gametype combos we all agree on and work from there. This is what I think so far:

Lockdown TS

Lockdown Ball

Warlord TS

Warlord CTF

Shrine TS

Shrine CTF

Ascension TS

Also I'm working hard on a medium-size arena-ish map, will hopefully have a test version ready this weekend :)

Nope, don't forge or tweak the maps...  Leave them as is.

I'm not against forging to tweak maps a little bit, but I do think that including Ascension in competitive play would be a terrible idea. It's just too campy. There is no good spot to place a power weapon on that map. Really only the snipe on small tower's side is the only one that isn't a complete death trap for the first person to go for it when it respawns, but it just gets ruined by the fact that small tower is totally OP.

Ascension just needs camo so it's possible to push up on one side without getting melted. You could leave both snipers. It's always awesome to watch a standoff between two snipers when the game is close.

Or watching Royal 2 miss every single shot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Secondly, 3 hit kill melees are a little too slow.  In H2C it is fine due to the ridiculous lunge you get on a melee, requiring the reduced damage to avoid super slap fights.  In H2A it makes almost every up close fight feel sluggish and random.  Obviously we want to avoid herp a derping, so a two hit kill melee is best to be avoided, but if we can get the damage to where one melee and two burst kills I think we are good.  I have done little testing on melee damage, so if I am wrong on this someone please correct me.

If the first melee is a running or jumping one, it is a 2hk. That strategy makes melee battles much better. 

Rockets slow down Slayer on Shrine too much. If you have them you can just sit in ring 2 and lock it down. We need a powerup for Shrine slayer because if you just camp with your OS/camo you are going to waste it. If you get your team a powerup you want to make plays with it while you got the advantage that the powerup gives you for a limited time.

And yeah spawns need to be fixed in Shrine slayer!

Rockets are necessary in CTF and Bomb. Without them, it slows to a crawl because it is super hard to cap without them. Slayer it should be replaced with a powerups like 60 s OS or 90 s Camo.

Simple: OS at banshee platform and Camo at needler

Snipers are fine. With tools to be agressive (rockets/OS/camo) the other players in the game will push and the map is big  enough to fit all the powerups/weapons. Furthermore, make the teleporter 2-way so that the push for rockets has another avenue and maybe even add more rocks so they are bulkier and cut Lines of sight more.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We should not have any forge maps unless made by 343 ex: Beaver creek.

HCS is meant for everyone so we should make the maps available to everyone without a download

-Add a 60-120 second Camo bottom green room in place of shotgun

Not camo. It needs to be a weapon, not something that goes away if the first person to get it dies (which they will).

2 Snipes on Ascension would be fine, just lower the ammo count for each one. Same goes for the two Shotguns on Warlord.

I think we should start deciding on map/gametype combos we all agree on and work from there. This is what I think so far:

Lockdown TS

Lockdown Ball

Warlord TS

Warlord CTF

Shrine TS

Shrine CTF

Ascension TS

Also I'm working hard on a medium-size arena-ish map, will hopefully have a test version ready this weekend :)

Speaking of ( and I know this is off topic ) will creativity suffer due to frame rate issues anymore? Just wondering, cuz I'm not much of a forger but idk how it works with the new xbox.