Prim3TiimE

Tournament Section

I think it would be a cool feature to have a tournament bar at the top of the page. 

I'm terrible at keeping up with my tournament dates/times, and I know I can't be alone.  I know you guys make the forum posts, I read them, but then I tend to forget a lot.  This has been a problem of mine for years  I think a tournament section would be successful for quite a few reasons.

1. I mainly am on Beyond as my center for competitive Halo as I am sure a lot of people are. It would essentially have Beyond as the center people go to when looking for a tournament. 
  2.  A focus on tournaments could hopefully help fill them out and make things more accessible.  The ease of navigation could bring the focus of tournament play to the forefront.
  3. I have to plan vacation time with work and there are other plans I and others need to oblige to. A designated section makes this much simpler to make plans while having everything right in front of you.   
  4. I know I have friends that simply don't forum and never go in the section (I've been pushing the website a lot) but I believe if right on the top they could access/see all tournaments it could help the involvement.

I am thinking something along these lines:

• Tournament Name - Location - Dates/Times
  • Prize
  • Discussion Forum Link
  • Tournament Stream Link

This could include both live events as well as online events.  HCS series, promotional giveaways, largely ran online community tourneys (Jwalk's comes to mind, I believe that was who had it).  It would be nice to look and see for example on Nov. 15th there is this online tourney, on the 18th another online tourney, and on the 21st a live tournament.  Just a suggestion, I figure I use the site so much I should pitch in some.  And sorry if this is a bit unclear my lunch is coming to an end and I must get back to work!

• Upvote (+1) 5

I literally just went to this section to suggest the same. Now that there might be more tourneys coming, it'd be great to be able to stay on top of the wheres and whens.

I'm sure newcomers would also appreciate this feature and it might help the tourney scene grow.

I literally just went to this section to suggest the same. Now that there might be more tourneys coming, it'd be great to be able to stay on top of the wheres and whens.

I'm sure newcomers would also appreciate this feature and it might help the tourney scene grow.

It definitely would, I know I have multiple people on my list that had no idea about the preseason cup this weekend and just about everyone on my list for halo has come from Beyond.  On the ESL website it was difficult to get to the tourney link, I never understood why tournaments weren't the major focus of a website.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I support this as well. I also think it should include the small tournaments as well to help promote grassroot tournaments kind of like what shoryuken does for fighters.