LethuL

Lethul Halo 5 + More QnA, you've got questions I have answers.

did you hear anything about a ranking system? will the beta (Halo 5 in general) come with a skill number, like in halo 2 and 3, so that we have something to play towards?

• Upvote (+1) 1

What do you think about tying Thruster to Shields similar to sprint? In other words, thrusting drains 1/4 your shields. So if your shields are drained, you can't thrust to escape a bad situation. Then thruster also becomes risk / reward instead of just an arbitrary cool down timer.

Ok, I guess I will fire off some questions... 

do you know if Formal plans on competing in Halo as well as COD? I would assume he is focusing a lot on COD since the move to Opdick... 

Other than that I will ask some off the wall questions like ... 

First alcoholic beverage

First encounter with a female (or male if thats your thing) 

First drug you did

First time you met ApG, did you want to punch him in the face? 

Once you punched ApG in the face, did he cry or put on more lipstick chapstick? 

How old are you? 

That's all I got, Im bad at this. 

after sketching nearly all cod teams, formal will do the ultimate sketch.........sketch an entire game and move back to halo, once the HCS Final Prize Pool is revealed and is actually 3x as much as cod champs.  

what do you dislike most

weapon timers for sure, if they are trying to base it around competitive arena gameplay then I don't think they belong
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

weapon timers for sure, if they are trying to base it around competitive arena gameplay then I don't think they belong

I agree but at the same time there are coaches who will do that for you.  maybe the timers will help even out teams without coaches at events

were there any powerups (overshield camo ect ect)?

did you hear anything about a ranking system? will the beta (Halo 5 in general) come with a skill number, like in halo 2 and 3, so that we have something to play towards?

I've heard it might be going to the ladder/tier based style like LoL. Imagine the top tier having only 100 spots for players, I feel that would be crazy
  • Upvote (+1) 8

How many days of straight work are you going skip once MCC matchmaking is corrected?

whats work?
  • Upvote (+1) 6

What do you think about tying Thruster to Shields similar to sprint? In other words, thrusting drains 1/4 your shields. So if your shields are drained, you can't thrust to escape a bad situation. Then thruster also becomes risk / reward instead of just an arbitrary cool down timer.

i did say something like that, it needs penalties rather than just increasing your chance of getting away free of charge
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I agree but at the same time there are coaches who will do that for you. maybe the timers will help even out teams without coaches at events

were there any powerups (overshield camo ect ect)?

i did not notice any powerups

Did you use any power weapons at all? If so, how were they? (difficulty of snipe/power of rockets/etc) 

I've heard it might be going to the ladder/tier based style like LoL. Imagine the top tier having only 100 spots for players, I feel that would be crazy

ehh.. could be alright, as long as its not by XP and you can drop tiers by losing game.. wonder if theyd have a cap at the top, as in a point where a player cant keep going up.. interesting. 

Lethul, thank you for answer these questions. Very cool of you. Now the most important question;

What did formal think! :)

Does the pace of H5 seem to be slower than others? For instance, do you see longer life spans per life, less multi kills due to map design (large) coupled with all the new gimmicks to get away/stay alive from battles? 

i didn't myself, but I agree. Having sprint and thruster seems dumb to me, both basically are just escapes. LEAVE THRUST TAKE SPRINT

If they take away sprint I honestly wouldn't bitch about anything else. Just give us the OG feel back :(

Interesting though, I really wish someone would go up to Quinn or whoever and just grill them about sprint.

Brb listening to community but can't take away the one unanimous thing we've all hated since 2010.

• Upvote (+1) 1

after sketching nearly all cod teams, formal will do the ultimate sketch.........sketch an entire game and move back to halo, once the HCS Final Prize Pool is revealed and is actually 3x as much as cod champs.  

haha that would be awesome, but if he is smart he would stick with Optic, that thing is a cash cow right now even without events. Start streaming consistently and YouTube'ing consistently and he could start raking in some good money.

Did you use any power weapons at all? If so, how were they? (difficulty of snipe/power of rockets/etc)

didnt use rockets, snipe was too easy but we did address that. The other precision weapons were harder to use making the snipe even more effective

Does the pace of H5 seem to be slower than others? For instance, do you see longer life spans per life, less multi kills due to map design (large) coupled with all the new gimmicks to get away/stay alive from battles?

a little, but 5/6 games I played were breakout so it was just 1 life so I can't go in depth

what was wrong with them?

Try and explain why weapon timers are a bad thing? I'll tell you why you're wrong.

if you like that and think it's good then that's you man, they were bad in h4 and I don't think that will change in h5
  • Upvote (+1) 3

what was wrong with them?

in a game based off competitiveness I don't think having reminders to tell you to go here belongs
  • Upvote (+1) 6

In CE, everyone was using a timer. The skill is controlling and using them effectively. The skill is not knowing when they come up.

• Upvote (+1) 6